All parent member reviews for 21

Parent of a 12 year old Written bysfflann January 10, 2011

perfect

great movie there is some intimate relations but kids should know about this stuff by 12 years old
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg September 1, 2013

a personal favorite

one of those movies that i wouldnt mind watching over and over and over again. LOVED IT.
Adult Written bywonder dove June 9, 2012

Even if you don't like casino movies........

It took me this long to finally see this movie because I'm not really one for watching gambling-type of stories, I find them dull and confusing most of the time - BUT- this movie rocked my socks! Absolutely loved it. I was engaged throughout the whole film and then watched it again with some friends the following weekend. It's super fun & fast paced, about a broke high school guy who's amazing with numbers and his heart is set on going to university for med school but doesn't have the money to do so. He then gets invited to join a team of card counting Vegas goers to win big on weekends which helps solves his biggest problem - so he thinks. It's also a part love story. Really liked the twist at the end! Couldn't recommend this enough!!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

I am in love with Jim Sturgess, and can't wait to see what he's up to in this film!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byhonestopinions October 26, 2009

Wow, really bad!

This was an incredibly bad movie purely based on the script. The writers made the characters do whatever they needed to do (not what the characters would have done) in order just to try and make some sort of story work in the most convenient way possible. All the characters contradict their conviction regularly, change the personalities from scene to scene and are all geniuses when required, and idiots 2 seconds later in order to create inciting incidents or problems to be overcome. The overall effect is the suspension of disbelief is thrown out the window and you are very aware that you are watching actors on a screen trying to make up a story. Some of the dialogue is so unnatural and is written as a lazy and overly direct way to try and tell you something about a character. Editing, score etc and some of the actors - very good. But all of the talent was let down by rubbish script development.
Adult Written bydosyan January 20, 2009
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

greate

greate movie but theres a little bit of punching. i think it's okay for teens ages 12 and up