Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for 22 Jump Street

Funny sequel is just as crude, over-the-top as the first.

Adult Written byDr. Nesmith June 14, 2014

Not too bad

as the adminastrator of the middle school where im from, i'd say that the movie isnt too bad in terms of sex, and violence. The sex in the movie is some college students in their underwear. nothing too suprising and some girls in skimmpy bikinis. There are a few sex jokes but not many. and the violence in like an action-moive: explosions, gun fights, fist fights, car chases, ect. There is swearing throughout the movie but I feel that middle kids schools alreday know these words and know not to say them or do any of the sugestive things in this movie. Since the movie is about cops cracking a drug case at a collage there are a lot of drug references but again, kids should know that it is not somthing to mess around with. this movie was pretty funny combined with action. I think it deserves the four star rating. I hoped this review helped some parents decide to let their children attend the movie or not. just know your child and how they would react to the movie.
Adult Written byThat90sguy June 14, 2014

Great Fun!

A popular new drug across a college campus has been dubbed WHYFHY(wi-fi) and its up to 2 undercover cops to find the dealer, and prevent this drug from becoming mainstream because its potentially lethal. Sound familar? It should, as this is the same plot from the last movie, but at least Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are self-aware, because they tell that it is the same plot. It's still really funny. Tatum is the best character in this movie because he go from being a loveable idiot, to action hero. Jonah Hill is also funny, but he is like a punching bag in this sequel and falls into an akward, but hilarious, situation. The ending is the best part, so stick around for that. Also, this movie is pretty tame for teens, as there isn't much heavy content other than language like f--k or s--t, and some drinking and drug use. Overall, this was a fun time at the movie theaters and teens and adults alike will enjoy it.

Parent Written byCarrie Marks June 29, 2014

22 Jump Street Review

I went to this movie expecting it to have a lot of inappropriate sex scenes. Turns out this movie is one of the least inappropriate movies I have ever seen the only reason why it is rated r is because of swearing (a lot) and drugs. I would say kids 13 and older can watch it Depending on how mature your kids are. This movie is hilarious and is a must watch.

Adult Written byJUAN1 February 9, 2015

Hilarious Movie with some iffy parts

This Is a hilarious movie but the only bad part that parents wouldnt like is that there is a hell lot of swearing. Also there are some sexual jokes. And there is a lot of drinking at college parties you can see like hundreds of bottles of alchol. Still a hilarious movie

Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 31, 2015

Great film, Yet again not for children..

This film was a whole lot better with content this time around.. The film did have a little bit of sexual stuff, But didn’t have any nudity. Otherwise, It does contain a heavy amount of language ,violence, and don’t forget it also contains drug material.. Other than that, I Don’t think there is anything in this film a mature fourteen year old couldn’t handle.. Otherwise, Please be cautious when letting younger children view this..

Adult Written bybrojamison June 14, 2014

See it with a teenager

It is a quality sequel that really young kids can't go to. I thought it was hilarious. I missed the Johnny Depp cameo unlike last time. It did not represent the rating given

Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014

Adult Written byDb123456 July 13, 2015

Much milder than the first film

No inappropriate parts, just inappropriate talk and it showed a dildo in one part. Only language and party's but nothing graphic no privates, nothing. WATCH IT!!!! It was really good!!!!
Parent Written byGlobalNerds July 28, 2014

OK Movie

I brought my 14 yo son with me to see this movie. It has a lot of foul language, but other than that, I thought it was ok for his age. It is definitely a "boy" movie as there is a lot of that type of humor, so I really didn't think the movie was for me. However my son loved it.

Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 4, 2014

Not as crude as its predecessor, but not as funny

'22 Jump Street' has plenty of laughs to offer, on the other hand, this movie doesn't hold up as much as the first, and isn't as memorable. The only reason this movie is rated R is because of the language. The sex is just people in their underwear, girls in skimpy bikinis, and PG-13 level references. No on-screen drug use, but the plot centers around this fictional drug called 'WHYPHY.' The violence is infrequent, PG-13 level, and portrayed comedically. Because of the excessive swearing, it's best to wait until you're 15 or older to see this movie. Suggested MPAA Rating: R for language throughout

Parent of a 11 year old Written byjohn565 May 9, 2015

Good film

not as much bad stuff as i thought at all fine for anyone above 8 and a funny good film

Adult Written byjoshua martinez January 17, 2015

16 and up.

this second installment based on the first film 22 jump street is a disappointing comedy movie but still has some laughs to it stars with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill this comedy movie is only for older adults and parents you need to know that 22 jump street has some style violence but nothing to intense although no sex and nudity shown expect some sex talk and some sex jokes there is constant strong language used and lots of drinking and smoking used.

Adult Written byJLemon113 December 27, 2014

Adult Written bySomethingmature June 10, 2015

Better

Way more cursing. Curses are the f word. Leads into 23 jump street.

Parent Written bySarah D. October 19, 2016

Fun action movie

There is gun violence fight scenes and a little blood. There is also cursing mostly sh*t. But there is also some heart. Sacrificing and team work is the main message. I recommend this movie for kids in late middle school.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U January 11, 2018

Iffy sequel

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byBill D. September 1, 2016

Great movie

I think this is a great movie for ages from 12 to100 it is funny and even though it swears I think it's good for 12 year olds