All parent member reviews for 300

Adult Written byDogcrazed March 13, 2011
Ok basically there is no redeeming value. It's for perverse people to get their jollies. I don't think movies like this should exist, it is historically inaccurate and serves no purpose. Orgies and rape? Yeah no thanks. I find it very upsetting. Especially the sex and senseless violence.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
Ah, Gerard Butler :) haha He makes this movie. I love the story, 300 against so many more and yet bravely facing their deaths. I cried when I watched this movie. Beware of nudity though.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 22, 2012

300 is incredible

this is the best war movie ever and i think it's better than glory, kingdom of heaven, the patriot, and braveheart, 300 has the craziest and most jaw dropping battle scenes you'll ever watch, i'm serious lol, and Gerard butler's performance as king Leonidas was amazing might I add
Adult Written byDr.Q November 16, 2009
Based on a history account. Well written.
Adult Written bycleanocean April 9, 2008

Please don't take your 4 year old to this movie

My wife and I stumbled into this film and quickly noticed the theater was filled with young men/boys ages 16 - 20ish... This is one of the most violent movies I've seen in a long time. I agree it would mostly suitable for folks over 17, but what shocked me was as we were leaving we noticed two couples walking out with toddler, kids at the age of 3,4, 5 years old. As we were leaving we overheard a young girl (around 4yrs old) asking her Daddy a question about whether or not they were going to go back and save the hero and why he died, She seemed worried, distraught and traumitized by the impact of this film. This little girls worry broke my heart, having two young boys of my own, i couldn't fathom having to explain such complex graphic gore and violence to my young boys. Scenes of heads and limbs being chopped off, blood squirting everywhere, graphic sex scene.. this seemed borderline abusive for such a young mind. It really angered that the AMC Westgate Theatre in Glendale AZ would allow parents to drag their babies into this film. Call me niave, but I had no idea such a thing was possible.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 30, 2012

Cool,but not for kids though.

I would NEVER recomnend this movie to any kid of any age.But I have to admit,it's action-packed.
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

This is SPARTA!

A stunning movie with eyecatching computer animated effects. The war scenes were action-packed and delivered. Gives good messages to stand for what you beleive and those you love, and to be free.
Parent of a 11, 14, 16, and 18+ year old Written bymarkaspinwall July 10, 2009

skip it; not missing anything

I took my 17 yr old son & buddy - thinking it would be just good, red-blooded American violence. But, nope, the nipple quotient was way too high for this dad. Besides the sex, movie was just plain stupid.
Adult Written byParentsTakeResp... April 9, 2008

It's not that violent or disgusting

300 takes place in a time where war ruled and being nice got you killed. If my kid was 13, I'd let him watch it because it's not that bad.
Adult Written bySPARTAN301 April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

I am a true Greek. With a lineage that dates back to the days of Troy and Thessa. I have seen some good Greek movies. And I have seen some crappy Greek movies. And I must say, that the 300 is the BEST movie I have ever seen. It makes William Wallace and Brave Heart look like Sesame Street. Not to take away anything from William Wallace at all. Much respect to him. 300 is much like any other uprising or rebellion movie. But the actual story and visuals are breath taking. I can't wait to buy this movie on DVD. I just came home from seeing it. I plan to see it again tomorrow night. 5 stars just aren't enough for this movie. Remember. Remember the 300!!!!!!!
Adult Written byNinjaLlama April 9, 2008

Eye candy.

The main thing to remember about this movie is that it's pure eye candy. The story is old and everyone should know what they're getting into right off the bat, especially if you know anything about Frank Miller and any other movie or graphic novel he's associated with. The film is not very deep, but with a few side stories to break up the continuous battle scenes. Gritty, bloody, sexy and beautiful to watch.
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008

Not as Good as i expected

Parent of a 12 year old Written byvmaekegvjs.fknmsel February 26, 2011
Parent of a 15 year old Written byhorsegurl22 January 14, 2010
Adult Written byg8r April 9, 2008

(I freaking loved it.)

It was UNFORGETTABLE! An awesome story of an ancient battle. Yes there is violence and yes there is 2 scenes of a naked lady. Just cover your kids eyes. I reccomend it to any one who has the ability to breath and argue with me.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

Please don't take your kids to see this. Plenty of nudity, sex, violence beyond belief. It gave me shudders, and I'm 21 years old!!
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Don't Take Your Kids

This movie is beautiful--but not for kids. I think this is why in some of the child reviews a few of them complain about the sex scenes. Well, this movie is made for adults, not for 13 year olds. And I, for one, was not offended by the love scene between a husband and wife--in fact, it was nice to actually see that sort of thing happening in a movie between a MARRIED couple! Aside from the sexuality of the movie, it is entirely too violent for kids--whether or not it is gory or realistic looking is beside the point. Kids are exposed to enough violence on regular TV, why make them sit for 2 hours staring at it?
Adult Written byneilk April 9, 2008

I was underwhelmed

This movie is nothing but a cartoon on screen which celebrates violence. It does not teach us much about history since its plot is only loosely based on facts. Sexual situations are introduced without much of a context. Characters are cartoon-like. There is lots of special effects like a rhino charging at the Spartans. The fact is that no rhino was ever used in warfare. There are many fantasies bulit into the movie. The emperor of Persia, Xerxes, is shown to be a freak with multiple piercings on his face. All sets are digitally created. I can not think of the movie as anything more than a fantasy film full of violence. Surely, with so much money spent they can give us something better.
Adult Written bycbouch27 April 9, 2008

good enough

over rated but still good
Adult Written bymelissaardenyi April 9, 2008

Never Judge a book by its cover

When my husband brought this movie home, I looked at the dvd and I wasnt too thrilled about watching it. It appeared to have lots of gore and fighting and not much of a storyline. In keeping an open mind, though, I decided to watch it. I was pleasantly suprised at the storyline it presented and its abundance in history. The movie had a pretty good storyline but it did have a tendency to drag in some areas. The acting was mediocre since it appeared that the actors were reading lines in some parts and didnt show the emotion that the lines should have. Over all, I did like the movie and recommend anyone who would like to learn a little more about Spartain history woudl enjoy this movie. However, make sure the kids are at a slumber party cause it isnt for the eyes of little ones.