Kid reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2016

Awesome movie

I would rate 300 at 13+ because of the following: it has a major sex scene where the girls breasts are visible. I would say that alone makes it 12+.
Talking about violence, it goes all through the movie starting from when Leonidas is a kid and smashes a rock onto another kid's face, to heads flying off and knives in giants' eyes. I would rate that 14+.
So the average is 13+.
You might have noticed I've used "I" lots of times. I might rate it a bit higher for you if you don't STUDY about Sparta. Like it or not, it was NOT a peaceful place. Anyway, the real world out there has a lot of violence in it. Just switch on the TV and look at the news...

Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2020
amazing movie too violent for kids under 9 or 10 I saw this and I am 9 almost 10. the sex scene has nothing to do with the plot if you most you can fast forward throw it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylovegood123 December 17, 2016

another movie

it was good.not too violent,not too much romance.

Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2010
I loved it , it was a good movie , the sex parts might be a bit of a problem though , but this is like a history movie , look real close to it to see a message , "NEVER GIVE UP!"

Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy January 19, 2010

This is an interesting interpretation of the 300 Spartans, although not entirely historically accurate. It is entertaining to watch, and has amazing fight sequences. This movie is a complete bloodbath, the entire second half of the movie is filled with non-stop bloody, gory, battles. Decapitations, impalement, etc... quite a bit of which is shown in slow-motion. Blood is literally everywhere, I cannot emphasize enough, how incredibly violent this film is. As for Sex, there are some very explicit scenes with that as well. Including a rather extended scene between King Leonidas and his wife. The "Oracle's" breasts are seen briefly. And there is a very disturbing scene in the Xerxes tent. It is pretty much an orgy filled with naked women kissing and having sex.
Not much language in this film, so not too bad in that regard.
All in all, this is an entertaining representation of a classic plot. Obviously, NOT FOR KIDS. It should be alright for most older teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 2, 2009
Parents should know that this movie is literally filled with blood. Heads are sliced off, limbs are hacked, and torsos are stabbed and shot at with arrows. Blood flows, splatters, and spurts. There are several explicit sex scenes, including an orgy and brutality is encouraged. Older teens would do fine with this film.

Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 July 1, 2009

O My God

this movie is so great. I really like all of zak snyders movies. U shud watch them

Teen, 13 years old Written bybluepie93 April 9, 2008

blah blah

this movie is for 16 and up. A bit to much sex but thats ok (lol) JK.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo127 April 9, 2008
I really like this movie. The blood looked just like it did in the comic book and the sex was mostly the big issue. I can't explain it but the blood slinging was as horrible as people are making it out to be, you just got to see it. There is a graphic sex scene, but at least there married i think, in most movies its with random people or there boyfriends and g/f. There were people in middle school around where i live who went to go see it, i dont really agree with that but i think its okay for 15+.

My expressions to this movie are, 0_0 :0 = )

Wow...wow wow wow.

This was an amazing movie. Parents, KNOW YOUR KIDS! I was pretty much begging my parents untill they let me see this movie; and because i've been studying the Battle of Thermopalae like crazy. If you don't believe me...The swords that the Spartans used were called Xiphos', and their spears were called Dory's. Also you gotta remember that it's not like your gonna be afriad of a million persians with ancient wepons run down your neihbor hood killing everyone. You may think i'm cruel, but i was laughing when Leonidis (I know i spelled that wrong)was slaughtering those light infantry Persians. That would be the =). When all of the Spartans died... :0 , and the sex sceen was obviously 0_0... I pretended to close my eyes at the nude parts, but I left a creak open in my hands... please don't tell my parents :).

(P.S. I'm gonna change my member-ship on Commonsense since now im 12 years old, and i was 12 when I saw 300)
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

The world depends on you seeing this movie!

This is a freaking amazing movie. If you go and see a rated "R" movie you have to expect that some of the content is going to be bad. Thus said, once that hurdle is jumped, the plot, cgi, acting, and about 1000 other things are done almost flawlessly in this movie. Go see it, or else...

300 is the embodiment of the word "fun"

Be warned that this movie has lots of nudity and a ton of violence. However, this is truly an epic movie that is great for high schoolers and up. I recommend this movie to all adults who like actioners, but if you're younger than 13, stay away from this. Congrats to Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead remake) for making a true masterpiece.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

This movie is really cool, but definitly not OK...

...for my age. I could handle it. It has major sexual issues, tons of unnecessary nudity(unfortunately)and as everyone expected, tons o' violence. Well, with almost every issue in movies it's not appropriate right? Right. Don't get me wrong, this movie is amazing, and well-thought out. See it if you are 13+, or if you are a huge daredevil, 9+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaxx April 9, 2008

13 and up only(boys mostly)

the sex is bad (duh) so get it on DVD or HDDVD and skip it my mom did that for us like in every bad movie we watch.
The sex part had no story line so fast foward, the action is great its a little bloody but boys like it that way.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Good but culd be better

It was good but i was disappointed with the amont of nudity and vilence. There culd have benn ALOT more. I only saw one head cutt off. and the only nudity that i didnt like was from the fat ladies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDoomReviews June 26, 2021

Teen, 13 years old Written byEllieKat June 25, 2021

Entertaining

I watched 300 as a 13 year old. I watched it because I was studying the Spartans in school. It is a fascinating movie, and there are parts that made me laugh. There is a large amount of blood, but it is shown in a slow motion form, making it less intense. I feel that it could be rated Pg-13, because it is historical.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilhc April 8, 2021

7/10

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat March 14, 2021

Trash!

Teen, 15 years old Written byLoranikas303 March 14, 2021

This is Sparta!!!

Trash because of sex scenes and war violence!