All teen and kid member reviews for 300

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

oh my god so much violence

The good stuff * Messages: Themes of underdog heroism and not bowing to corruption get a little lost in the blood and gore. * Role models: Even in the face of sure defeat, brave soldiers stand firm against tyrannous threats to freedom. A corrupt Spartan councilman is exposed as a traitor and brought to justice. But also some stereotyping based on Asian culture, as well as one character's physical disability. What to watch out for * Violence: Over-the-top battle-scene violence, including graphic decapitations, severed limbs, mutilated bodies piled high, arrow-filled torsos, etc. Young Spartan boys are forced to furiously fight each other. The Spartan mottos are "No retreat, no surrender" and "No prisoners, no mercy." * Sex: Extended love scene between Leonidas and the queen; viewers can see her nude breasts and his butt. The adolescent Oracle writhes and sways while wearing a sheer cloth that reveals her breasts. A character unwillingly has sex to procure a politician's favor. Although no nudity is shown in that scene, the aggessor whispers menacingly: "This will not be fast. You will not enjoy this." Xerxes' lair is depicted like an orgy, with various half-dressed Persian women kissing, moaning, and having sex. * Language: Colorfully worded insults like: "motherless dogs," "philosophers and boy-lovers," etc. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Great adult horor movie not for anyone younger than 16

It was rated R for a reason. Very violent horor movie. Can even give teenagers nightmares.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2010
love it! wasn`t as scary as i thought it would be. but preety bloodly. but i love the spartans and it is very insteristing. but one scary part show aton of people that are hanged and a child die in Leonidas hands. but its to scary for kids 12 and younger. good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byskating132 August 10, 2009
I think it is an amazing movie. But there are many very violent and bloody scenes. also there is a sex scene between Leinidas and his queen and you can see the boobs of the queen a couple of times. Also, the oracle os wearing a thin white cloth and you can see her boobs a couple of times. And there is a scene where you can see girls kissing and having sex. The queen also gets forced into sex with a politician to win his vote.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 10, 2011

for mature pre-teen

I don't gonna lies but this is awesome ,the war scene totally awesome I watched in theater with my brother (he was 8 at the time ) and my dad,since we couldn't to buy it in dvd (we got the first it came out)the war scene were violent and bloody(with close up and slow motions decapitations) we see the queen and leonidas having sexe but the movie is awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written byviceboy720 April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2016

Awesome movie

I would rate 300 at 13+ because of the following: it has a major sex scene where the girls breasts are visible. I would say that alone makes it 12+. Talking about violence, it goes all through the movie starting from when Leonidas is a kid and smashes a rock onto another kid's face, to heads flying off and knives in giants' eyes. I would rate that 14+. So the average is 13+. You might have noticed I've used "I" lots of times. I might rate it a bit higher for you if you don't STUDY about Sparta. Like it or not, it was NOT a peaceful place. Anyway, the real world out there has a lot of violence in it. Just switch on the TV and look at the news...
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Bloody war movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 20, 2010

Extremely terrible!!

This movie has alot of violence, and alots of sexuality/nudity. This is actually perfect for ages 17 and older.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTchero February 5, 2010

The review

Stunning visual effects and the most accurate representation of the battle of Thermopylae ever released. 300 is a terrific work of nonfiction by Frank Miller. Gerald Butlers best performance to date. 300 is truly the best movie of the year.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCyberyCBY July 16, 2014

LOL AT COMMON SENSE MEDIA

I am here to laugh at how dumb common sense media can be. The alternates section is so kids can find a movie/game that is more appropriate but "Troy" is the first one in the alternates section and it also has a " pause for 15 and under" on it. WTF
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011
300 is a good movie. Well put together. But gory violence. People are beheaded, stabbing, arrow shooting. Blood splatters in the movie very frequently. I rented when I was 9 with my dad. The movie is AWESOME but gory. Kids from 10-14 should be ok. The sex scene you can fast-forward. It doesn't have anything to do with the story either.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovieslug November 19, 2010
Epic movie. Leonidas rufuses to give in to trany. Cartoon stlyle vilonce/blood and gore
Teen, 16 years old Written byapple boy 2 July 19, 2010

tereble

this is very historically inacurate, it is made by racist people that dont like persia and want to make persian people look like monsters
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2009
very good movie it was really bloody though when he chopped off the giants head that was gruesome but overall it was a good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byyourboi01 April 9, 2008

awesome

really good. its really cool
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieCrazyy April 9, 2008

i was amazed

i loved this movie it was very good, very violent and the sex was a little bit more graphic than i though it was going to be but overall i though it was a wonderful movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Good Historical Film

Nicely done Historical Film. Could've been more appropriate if they took out some scenes.

this movie made me wanna be a spartan kid, lol!!!!

if you are a fan of gore and blood this movie is a must see. if not i would only half recomend it. it is based on the battle of thermopolae in which 7000 greeks including 300 spartans stood up against 2 million persians. keep in mind that this was based on a graphic novel and not very historical but it was a law in sparta that every boy of age 7 be taken and thrown into the wild as their "initiation".
Teen, 17 years old Written byjubanker April 9, 2008

300...

I went to see 300 with the knowledge of, this movie was made in a studio. None of it was done outdoors. I also knew that it was loosely based on the story of the 300 Spartans and was done in the fashion of a a graphic novel. Everyone of these things was proved correct when I saw it. The movie has monsters when we all know, they just weren't there when this really occurred. There is blood everywhere, but it, for the most part, looks fake like the blood in a graphic novel. It also, isn't on the ground. Gallons of blood fly but none of it stains the ground. To address nudity, the movie is full of half naked people, both men and women. The difference between the nudity in the spartan society and the Persian society is that the Persian nudity is shown in a evil way while the nudity in the Spartans is a loving marriage where the man is about to leave and will probably not be coming back. Overall, the nudity could have been taken out and the movie wouldn't have lost any of it's splendor. And, there is no language besides "tonight we dine in hell." Overall, this movie is a fun film but not earth breaking and definitely not something to take your 13 year old to, but your 15 or 16 year old should be able to be mature enough to stand the few topless women and stylistic gore.