Parent and Kid Reviews on

8-Bit Christmas Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 6 kid reviews

Sort by:

WARNING: ONE OF THE SADDEST MOVIES IN HISTORY!

Has tons of sad moments, such as a spoiled boy killing his dog, and a boy racing after his beloved prize...only to accidentally destroy it in a horrifyingly violent manner.
1 person found this helpful.

Felt like a waste of time.

The entire conflict of the movie could've been resolved in 15 seconds at most. "Dad, I want a phone for Christmas." "Kid, get a job and save up some money." There. That's the point the dad was trying to make the entire time. But no, they just had to make us sit through a highly misleading story about Dad's Nintendo. Even if they did need to talk about the Nintendo, they could've just finished it up in 15 seconds as well! "My mom & dad didn't want to get me a Nintendo for Christmas, so I just worked during the summer and got mine." As for content, there are depictions of vomiting, and a dog getting crushed by a television set, which is initially believed to kill the dog. Also, there are negative stereotypes of ADHD in this movie (the kid with ADHD's entire personality is throwing tantrums), so, as someone who is suspected to have ADHD, that's a big minus.

1 person found this helpful.

one of the best Christmas movies I’ve ever seen

Wonderful, but some violence

This movie is overall very funny and tells you to appreciate what you have and work for it rather than steal and distract people to get it. Even though it has this funniness, it can include some violence. For example, a TV fell on a dog. Sheesh. Another example is when kids were competing for a Nintendo, there was pushing and arguing involved.

Pretty good movie

I thought this was a pretty good movie over all. The was nothing bad in the movie. Also it is a pretty funny.