All parent member reviews for 8 Mile

Adult Written byeminemfan15 June 28, 2011

8 mile

I think the movie is amazing, because of the struggles Jimmy has faced. But the amazing part is how Jimmy got through all of those struggles, by being the better person, and sticking up for what he wanted to do. The movie should not be judged by the language, or inappropriate behavior, it should be judged by the plot of the movie, and the resolution. This is why I think 8 mile is a great movie, and should only be judged by the resolution, not the inappropriate actions that were shown.
Adult Written byseen-all-movies October 19, 2010

A good movie, suitable for persons from 14 years and up

Even though this movie contains sexualy material (no direct nudity at all,) it contains strong language and a few scenes featuring violence, it is a good hence to the reality of the less privileged places and people of the world, and if you pay god attention to the sub story and a couple of key lines in the screenplay you will find a message about the injustice of racism. i find this page ratings a bit too high, because this movie sends a good message about how a person can change. even though the lead character, Jimmy Smith Jr. (nickname Bunny Rabbit, played by Eminem) is into a lot of trouble on the streets, being dragged into a violent and dangerous environment, he still manages to rise up and get out, become a strong independent individual. i therefor recommend this movie strongly and say that if you are 13 to 14 u are not too young to see it
Parent Written bysalocin March 19, 2013

the best

i think its great for kids
Adult Written byhippiegirlinlove4150 June 23, 2012

great

even tho there is alot of language,eminem is great he never gives up and keeps his head high and abously cares for his family great movie loved it
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjakesyl August 17, 2011

eminem

shows kids what it's like for other people
Adult Written byjoeybombotz April 9, 2008

wow One of the bests

In this movie eminem does a stunning preformance. I believe that kids should be allowed to go see it because its powerfull. im not saying this just because im an Eminem fan but because the movie was just that good Ebert and roeper gave it 2 dumbs up and so do I!
Adult Written bydudelydad2 April 9, 2008

fantastic!!!!

well for starters i heard that this movie is not eminem's life.But anyway i think that teens should be able to see this movie because it brings up alot of topics for parents to talk to their kids about i would recomend this movie to any teenager.I am not just sayin this because i am an eminem fan but i think it is a great movie and eminem fan or not this is still a great movie.
Parent Written bytom thatcher May 26, 2015

its fine

any fans of eminem and his music will be fine with these movies as nothing in this movie is worse than his music so i think anyone over 13 should be able to watch it. it also has good messages about standing up for yourself so.
Parent Written bydavidrox March 2, 2013

Good, but not for kids of any age

This movie is a very good movie, with good music, and a touching story, but it is NOT FOR KIDS. Nearly every charcter says the F word, the B word, and the S word 20 times each. Also the violence is intense, with guns being shot, knife stabs, and bottles being thrown, or intense verbal fights(again, with terrible language) Also, "Rabbit" walks in on his mom having sex with a younger man, and there is one scene where eminem has sex with his girl friend. Bottom line, not for kids.
Adult Written bystevenspielbergfan July 18, 2012

Not for young teens.

The movie has about three sex scenes, but only one with nudity (bare butt). There is a gang fight, seven men beat up one guy, there are 2 on 2 fights, and a man shoots himself in the leg and we see a bunch of blood on him in a car. The movie says n***a, motherf**ker, b***h, d**k, pu**y, s**t, etc.
Parent Written by$$*BLACKANDYELLOW*$$ October 10, 2011

Great Movie

This movie may have bad language and violence but most kids can get past all of this most kids listen to eminem already and also play call of duty but the movie has a good message its that you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that sh*t out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheRealSlimShady March 12, 2011

Great movie! Not for younger teenagers

Adult Written bygangstabunny11 July 27, 2010

good message

good message not appropriate for ages under 16 or 17
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

I love this movie! But watch out parents, no little kids allowed! Violence, Sex, Language, Drugs and Alcohol all play a roll. Adults: a must see; Children: no way!
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

8 Mile

Great movie. Moving and powerful for an Eminem movie.
Adult Written byEvanReviews August 14, 2009

Perfect for Adults

Amazing movie but has everything in it. violence sex tons of profanity and drugs/alchohol. Keep away from kids. 5/5 :)
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 21, 2009

Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008

I thought that this movie would be closer to the biography of rapper Eminem, but that was a huge mistake on my part. I believe that if I had watched it without that expectation I would have enjoyed it more. This movie is about the woes of a guy in his late teens/early 20's who lives in a poor neighborhood and is stuck at a job that will take him nowhere. As a Caucasian, he is a minority among the African-Americans, but he is a talented rapper and hopes that it is his ticket out. The movie is based around his daily travels and battles between him and other rappers, but the movie just cuts off at what I thought was a climactic part of the movie and does not tell you what happens after that. Kept me intrigued, but left me hanging.
Adult Written bykingster April 9, 2008

A great movie!

This is a high quality movie! It does show the bad parts of eminems life growing up in a trailer park so its not going to be the happiest movie and there are some things that are not appropriate for kids under the age of 15. But this is definately a good movie.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

it's a moving story

i'm a big eminem fan so i had 2 see this movie and my expectations about this movie were right alot of cussin and sexual content i still thought it was preaty good for a drama