Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya April 11, 2011
one of the best movies ever, but some strong sex, constant profanity, weed smoking and beat up and self shootings make it grown up. very good.
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2011

Encouraging to follow your dreams

8 mile is a great movie to me there is some violence But it won't scare you to much there is swearing in the Rap battles and stuff but other than that I think anyone Who is 9+ can see it !
Teen, 15 years old Written bymynameisnick April 9, 2011

More mature teens and up. Eminem fans will love it for sure.

This in my opinon is the best drama movie ever. Note for parents, there is a lot of language, some fist fights and a man accidently shoots himself, also three scenes of sexuality. The first scene literaly last one second and you see a rear end, the second scene is more graphic (no nudity) there is a lot of thrusting and moaning and sexual things not good for kids and the third is also a short one (no nudity). Smoking and drinking is seen every once in a while. However this does have a good message to me and that is to never give up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

WATCH IT ON TV!!!!!!!

I just watched 8 Mile this weekend. I wanted to buy the DVD but it is rated R. So, if your child wants to watch it, consider it on the Fuse Network or MTV. On those stations it is rated TV 14. It blurs out drugs, gang signs, all cus words, and completely skips over the sexual scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySwitchBlade January 29, 2011

Perfect, but not for kids

Loved it, definitely not a kid movie, but good for "MATURE" audiences i would guess. Shows alot of eminem's true skill in the freestyle battles, and is quite possibly one of the best Music Drama, other then Get rich or dye tryin'. Great for me to help find my style as a young rapper
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2010

Eminem's 1st movie deal OK for teens 14+ that can handle sex, language and violence

I LOVE this movie! Especially since its Eminem. You can tell that just by my screenname. I have this on DVD and am hoping that they will make it on Blu-Ray because that would be KICK-ASS!!! There ARE some positive messages in this movie, but, like all movies like this, they're practically drowned by the intense cursing and violence, and the sex-scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygracehutch March 21, 2015

Great Movie, but Parents should know

The movie does contain an abundance of inappropriate language, sex, drugs, and various characters that showcase bad behavior, and should not be considered role models. But, on the other hand, Eminem's character, Rabbit, shows a positive message of never giving up, and following your dreams, and that your gender or colour of skin, shouldn't determine who you are as a person. There are 3 scenes of characters having sex, that can be too graphic and inappropriate for those under 13. Overall, this movie is definitely one of my favorites, any Eminem fan would appreciate it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicboy21 January 9, 2015

Profanity galore.

From what I've seen so far... This screen identity, Epicboy21, has found at least 20 F-words in the first 5 minutes. Talk about R. Plus, there's a reference to a mother aborting someone from her "fat a**", in rap. Times that by 105 minutes and my calculations would register 120 of them in half an hour. However, probably not. Some parental reviews said Universal's breakthrough R rated movie had nearly 200 F-words throughout. Fewer movies would catch up to this level of profanity. Still, teenagers today have probably heard these words, seen these images, and more. Only saw the first 5 minutes so far, not for the easily offended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMouldy_Barbeque March 1, 2014

Okay :s

It's Fine If Your Kids Are Familiar With Eminem Songs, Drug Aware , Drink Aware And Sex Aware.
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2011

EMINEM

i think this is a good movie but a graphic sex scene (no nudity) and cuss words but teaches u to follow ur dreams
Teen, 14 years old Written bysicknasty October 26, 2010

Great family movie for all ages

Amazing movie, espically for eminem fans
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Good movie.

I saw this when I was 12. I liked it then and I like it now. Sure, there's cursing and all, but it adds to the setting. At first I didn't like the ending, but then I liked it afterward, it would have been better than cliff-hangers. I wouldn't let a kid under 14 watch it though, unless they were really mature. Still a really good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLister. September 24, 2016

It is a good film

Of couse it is good. As I from china,this film help me learn many about America RAP culture.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2016

Best movie ever

After I saw this movie for the first time I went downstairs at 10pm and watched it again till 12. I could not stop thinking about it. Every part was amazing. Im not just saying this because I like Eminem but because it is a truly amazing movie. If you get scared easliy, this movie is not for you just make sure to watch it as soon as you feel comfortable, watch it you will not reget it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuckyboyz February 26, 2016

Amazing

This film is based on Eminem's life when he was starting out as a rapper...many would say that it's too violent, has too much swearing and sex and has no positive messages or role models...i They are wrong. As much as I respect peoples thoughts and ideas, I do know that this film is all about being positive and it's about B-rabbit standing up for himself and not letting anyone bully him and get away with tormenting him. He gets constant racist comments from people about him not being able to rap because he's white skinned. This has good messages because it shows that no matter your skin colour, you can do anything, as long as you believe in your self and this is strong for me... I am a massive fan of Emminem and hope to meet him one day because he is a hero of mine. This film does have alot of swearing and one scene where B-rabbit gets battered by a gang but all in all its not too adult. There is one breif scene of sex but no nudity of any kind
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules February 1, 2016

Review #10 - Eminem's first movie deserves the R, for the realistic depiction of rappers in the trailer park.

STUDIO: Universal | RATING: R Surprising that Eminem hasn't starred in other movies but had soundtracks or at least one of his songs used for them (21 Jump Street, Southpaw --- funny, Southpaw was originally going to be an Eminem vehicle). But this movie is basically about a wannabe rapper, Rabbit (or Jimmy) who lives in a trailer park with his mum and gets booed off-stage --- the song "Lose Yourself" by Eminem is a great starter on his situation in the lyrics, and this guy, Rabbit, wants to become a rapper but has a boring life, however he still has setbacks before he can attempt to reach his dream. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PARENTAL GUIDANCE SECTION: In Australia, this movie is rated M (PG-13/light R equivalent), but I thought MA15+ (R equivalent) for the language alone would be a good rating. And you Americans have that R rating, which this justly deserves it. An important character gets jumped in one scene, his little sister screaming, and the important character gets a bruised eye; this scene is very intense. Also there are three beatings: One is shown in a caravan, as a man beats another man in an intense scene, one is shown in a recording studio between two men and one that several characters beat each-other at once. The third scene also includes a man accidentally shooting himself in the crotch and when they check the man's wound, the top of his pants are filled with blood and their hands covered in it, and his pants turn red. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I should also mention the use of language, where there's about 200 F bombs, 95 (nearly 100) uses of "sh*t" but they never use the C bomb, but they use other words too. The sex category is probably another good reason it deserves an R: There are three sex scenes, the first lasts about three seconds with a nude woman shown from behind thrusting and moaning and presumably having sex with a man before the caravan door shuts; the second lasts five seconds at the most, where someone's girlfriend cheats on him while having (clothed) sex with another in a recording studio, causing the man cheated on to beat up the other man; there's still thrusting and moaning. And the third is in a factory where they are again thrusting and moaning but still clothed. These three sex scenes alone are probably unsuitable for anyone under 14. Oh, and there's one scene where they use drugs (marijuana) but you just see cigarettes and they laugh and shoot paintballs at things, including a police car. Another thing that will offend is that one man mentions a drug dealer raped a little girl once in a warehouse they pass, but it may be missed if you're not paying attention. This is quite edgy stuff. There's a comedic scene where Jimmy flashes his butt at the audience. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is an edgy movie, but I don't think it's a biopic. The year is Detroit 1995 and the song that won the movie an Oscar for that song, "Lose Yourself", is used for two occasions: one in the credits and one with the first notes playing in the background. There's a problem I have, however: What happened after the events of the movie? EMINEM is alright as an actor, probably not the best, and it sparingly uses rap, but when it does, the raps are definitely highlights of the film, however the story comes first for director Curtis Hanson. The boys seem to take care of each-other, and it shows the consequence of violence: A man shoots himself in the leg semi-graphically and he's on crutches for the rest of the movie. A man is jumped and he has a black eye for the rest of the movie. See what I mean? Watch, like and thankyou for reading.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMPAA_Lover November 6, 2015

Inspiring

This is an inspiring movie about "Rabbit" as a rapper and how he never gives up, despite his hard life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStephen.Massey111 April 13, 2015

It is okay for 12+, but there is just one scene --watch it-- that you should skip for them.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThecoffeeowl224 February 6, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie October 12, 2014

great rapping movie although not appropriate for all

This movie is a great drama although there is tons and i mean tons of swearing and sexual themes. I mean his so called "girlfriend" is having sex with another guy :P (spoiler). There is some violence although Rabbit always forgives his friends and there are some great messages such as that his friends will never let him down and will always support him even if he callls them dicks and everything