All teen and kid member reviews for A Bug's Life

A BUGS LIFE

Great for little kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey September 20, 2009

it's good I'm 14 and I loved it

I watched it all the time when I was little. It was my favorite pixar movie and still is. It's kind of violent or scary though, I really think it should be PG. There is blood when there is a picture of the caterpillar cute in half and it made me wince. The queen says it's suicide to go away from the island and the bird catches on fire, and the grasshoppers can scare little kids. Thumper scared me a little when I was little, and I wasn't easily scared. But it's a really good movie, you cant miss it. It's good for adults, too, not just kids. You have to get past the fact that they're bugs and be open with it.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2014

Good Movie For Kids

This movie is a great movie. It has minor violence (the little kid antes show a drawing and it has some poorly drawn blood. It might be scary for some kids, but hey its a Disney movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 5, 2011

There are some scary bugs

I saw this movie in theaters when I was 4 and I had to leave the movie theater early because I was really scared of some bugs. Yes I was crying when I was scared. It was still a great film, sometimes the language isn't right for a rated G movie. Anyway it was really good actually when I saw it on Blue-ray. So now I like it. It's just that sometimes in a movie theater the movie has really loud sounds so if you see a scary movie, it gets even scarier.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: B

I have had this movie since I was 3! I loved it then and I love it now!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessatay June 24, 2010

After the success of Toy Story, they take another interesting chance, fantastic till the end.

A Bug's Life is the 2nd installment in the Pixar history. It is memorized for its ENTIRELY non-human cast. Though released after Antz, it was more successful in reviews and box office. This is actually the parody to The Ant and the Grasshopper, an Aesop fable. It is about a misfit ant recruiting for soldiers to wipe out greedy grasshoppers out of his colony, only though finding a circus troupe. With unique characters and places, with funny lines to keep the movie going on, it is incredible from start to finish. Princess Atta: "You see Hopper, Nature has a certain order. The ants pick the food, the ants keep the food, and the grasshoppers leave!" is a very memerable quote in this movie, reflecting that the ants need to stand-up to themselves from the grasshoppers. John Lasseter, the director of this film, is known in Disney and Pixar for his story plots, animations, and more, and its no surprise this is one of his most memorable directing moments in history. It reminds me of Seven Samurai, with the plot almost the same. From watching Toy Story I knew this would be good, and boy was I right : ^ ). There is a vast set of characters, from a caterpillar, spider, praying mantis, and grasshoppers, each with unique personalities. From the Las-Vegas style "city" to the ant hill, you can tell it took a lot of time to come up with these ideas. And definitely the funny lines help the movie go on strong with the plot. For a family-movie, this may be one of the most promising ones.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2016

Great movie

It's a very good movie, but some kids won't really enjoy it. And it has some swearing that are mean to one ant, named Flick
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Mildly scary, but amazing pixar film has some intense moments.

My rating:G
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinnercoolman87 May 13, 2015

Not pixar's best, but great movie.

This is a fun movie with great visuals, but the story is paper thin. It is still told well though. This is something that you should watch if you like pixar. There is nothing bad in it except mabye a gay joke with the ladybug.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 10, 2015

Could've used some work

Much like Toy Story, the animation isn't the best, but the story and character development trumps this momentary lapse. But since it came one year after ANTZ, it's a bit to many bugs for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool
Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2014

Really good movie!!

I think it is a good movie. It has no cussing in it, it has a little violence, but that is it.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2014
Another Pixar classic. Some violence. The cast, especially Kevin Spacey did well.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 February 4, 2014

A Bugs Life is an awesome Pixar Movie

A Bugs Life is a wonderful Classic movie created by Pixar it had great music and super cool animation and I think Pixar should make A Bugs Life Sequel and the score Im giving A Bugs Life is 100/100 Pixar is a wonderful animation company
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Kid, 9 years old November 3, 2013

Cool

I love this movie it's awesome my little brothers love it to its so funny when the caterpillar says poopoo head I watched this movie a long time a go I wasent even scared
Teen, 14 years old Written byFairyWars98 August 31, 2013

Kinda creeped me out as a toddler...

This movie is a really fun one, especially for people 2-5. Only part I don't like is when Hopper sends out his minion thing that tries to kill Dot, THAT part kinda creeped me out as a toddler and I'm really surprised that I didn't start crying at that part. Man was I a brave kid! Oh, and I think someone says "d**n" once, but compared to Antz that isn't bad. But it's still shocking considering this is a Disney movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBowman32 August 29, 2013

Bleep Blop Bloop

Amazing Movie. Characters are threatened to be "squashed" (Killed by foot to face) very cute.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 27, 2013

Cute, animated bug tale for little kids

Okay? 3 stars, seriously parents? Stop bashing such a great film, so what if these bugs are scary, that doesn't mean rate it edgy for 6. This is very cute and entertaining, especially for little ones, it can teach them there's nothing to be afraid of, bugs are just cute little creatures of nature despite the way they look(except evil grasshoppers). This helped me overcome my fear of bugs.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

A lot of fun.

A Bug's Life was TRULY a great film. I love the plot. It is super creative. I love the acting, CGI, and everything. A Bug's Life did it's job and it was another great acomplishment for Pixar. Pixar is my 2nd favorite film maker next to Dreamworks.