Kid reviews for A Clockwork Orange

A violent meditation on violence; graphic and disturbing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy April 9, 2010

Fantastic, Original, Controversial, NOT FOR KIDS.

This is probably the most graphical, and most twisted film I have seen. At the same time. It is so incredibly well done, it simply cannot be ignored.

This film weaves an interesting, terrifying, and shockingly graphic tale. There are almost no good role models, nearly all main characters engage in horrible, immoral, violent, and sexual behavior.

This movie is filled with merciless brutality, often inflicted upon the innocent.

The violence includes, but is not limited to: Multiple accounts of very graphic on-screen rape, many extremely violent beatings and murders, attempted suicide, torture, police brutality, and other such horrible acts.

There is also EXTREMELY Graphic On-Screen Sexual Content. Including, full female nudity, and male nudity, and several scenes in which the sex is almost entirely visible. Including the afore mentioned Rape.

Just to be able to grasp some idea of what I am talking about, I might mention that this film was originally rated X.

Surprisingly NO foul language in this film whatsoever. In fact, in replacement of the usual insulting words, very colorful and seemingly sophisticated phrases are used.

Much ado about drugs, main characters drink drugged milk to sharpen their instincts and focus. The "Droogs" use this ability to violently harm innocent citizens. In this society, it is shown how it is possible to get a kick, or a high, out of violence. They use it like a drug. And refer to it as Ultra Violence.

Anyway, I would not recommend this film for anyone under 18+. As it conveys such a disturbingly violent story, younger viewers might be too shocked by the graphical content to understand the true message, and the more subtle undertones.

Teen, 17 years old Written byyourfunny August 15, 2011

Oh My

Well, this movie is definetly not as bad as people say it is. It's a classic, a masterpiece, and actually has some lessons that can be learned. The violence is pretty tame.

Teen, 14 years old Written byimryantran June 5, 2020

Probably one of, if not the most violent film ever released.

Not a film for kids of any age. Despite being really good and able to stand the test of time, it is far too disturbing for any Stanley Kubrick film before or ever since this one. No film seemed to ever be like this one, nor there ever will be, but this film has too many sexual and violent situations for its time and for all time. This is an adults only film that should've originally gotten the X (now NC-17) rating.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThenoahman November 2, 2010

Nothing wrong its just a movie

Okay seriously are we still judging movies by there content and restricting them from kids because they have to much nudity or they are to violent seriously i am 14 and saw this movie when i was 13 there is nothing wrong with it yes it has nudity but thats part of every day life the fact that anything was wrong with the nudity would go right over kids heads its just fine there is barely any violence or language just nudity i mean ive seen everything from goodfellas to the godfather and even scarface and those movies are just fine to just like any movie so please stop judging things by their content and just let your kids watch them it
Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 29, 2020

A Clockwork Orange review

teens 13 and up can handle this movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bySniperboss25588 June 25, 2020

VERY INNAPROPRITE

Don’t let your kids watch this this movie is VERY intense and EXTREMELY EXPLICIT
FOR Adults only and ONLY adults

Teen, 14 years old Written byFilms123 June 21, 2020

Kubrick’s flawed movie contains violence and rape.

A Clockwork Orange is one of the notorious 70’s movies that garnered controversy. It’s easy to see why. The infamous ‘Singing in the Rain’ scene is unpleasant, overlong, and horrific. Anyways, it’s a good movie, with some questionable ethics (should we really feel sorry for a rapist???) and some tasteless scenes. Not for kids. 15+.

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2020

Good

Good

Teen, 13 years old Written byfelicel April 15, 2020

Teen - Age 13

Warning: X rating. An X rating is a rating used to classify movies that are "only" meant for adults. During 1970 to 1982, the meaning was that it was suitable for adults over the age of 18. This movie contains ultraviolent scenes, rape, and sex. One of my favorite violent horror movies but made only for adults ages 19 and up so if this let you type your age, that is what I would have said.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexdelaegw February 19, 2020

Great movie but kids should not watch

This movie is one of the best but it is very disturbing to watch and hard to watch sometimes. While there is not a lot and lot of blood there is some and violence or as they say ultra-violence is all throughout the film and there is way to much nudity with the home invasion scene being the most with Alex and his droogs tearing off a woman’s clothing exposing her and it is said Alex raped her to death

Teen, 13 years old Written byBill13 July 12, 2019
Nice movie ONLY for adults

Teen, 14 years old Written byjesus99 June 10, 2019
It's complicated, because some teenagers that have 14 years old, like me, can see the movie and react of appropriate way to this and understand his themes, but some people with 15 or 16 are no prepare for this, the movie it's violent, very violent but, as I said some persons under 17 and up of 14 can see it, recommend to the parents check the movie first
Teen, 15 years old Written byhorrorfan123 March 14, 2019

Amazing

This movie is great and would recommended to anyone I’d say you should watch it when you are 14.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDagrid February 21, 2019

Best movie ever made

What can I say? This is genuinely the best movie ever made in my opinion, it is a masterpiece. Even the title, something organic being made to work mechanically, a metaphor for the main character Alex(ander) DeLarge (best movie character ever) who is psychologically conditioned until he basically becomes an automaton. The film has a fantastic cyclical effect and is pretty much about the lack of free will/choice and the constant cycle of good and bad that humans find themselves in.
It is a phenomenally created movie; storyline, casting, acting and directing. It has some amazing implicit meanings and is just genuinely amazing. It shows that culture is no guarantee of moral elevation for example, Alex sees himself as a performer and some sort of artist believing that violence is creative.
The character of Alex DeLarge himself is amazing as he provides a sense of reliability due to his showmanship. Malcolm McDowell (a fantastic actor) gives an astounding performance, he manages to portray this glamorous psychopath in such a charming yet sinister way. The audience just cannot help but fall in love with Alex (and Malcolm, in my case anyway) and pity him when he goes through his treatment despite him being a rapist and murderer because he is the narrator so establishes a connection and sense of trust with the viewer and also because he is so charming and clever, it is simply stunning!
The end of the movie is a massive relief to me as it was honestly so sad to see Alex so different. Alex not being violent just seems wrong and you can't help but feel sorry for him after his treatment as he is so vulnerable and cannot defend himself, he is just so different! So, the end line "I was cured alright" is such a powerful line. No, it doesn't mean that he was cured of his evil nature, he is saying that he is cured of the treatment which changed him, so relieving to have our Alex back.
I don't even know how many times I've seen this film now, I can't get enough of it! I have fallen In love with Alex (Malcolm) and the film itself.

A must watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ.C. Aldridge January 6, 2019

Rated 17 (strong violence, sexual violence, nudity).

SEX/NUDITY - There are two scenes of sexual assault; one where a gang of men rip the clothes off a woman and push her violently amongst each other (she escapes before they begin raping her), and another where a woman is restrained by a man while another man rips the clothes off of her, and she is briefly raped off-screen (two other men force her own husband to watch). There is one moment of explicit sexual violence when a man is shown a film of a gang rape, but the scene is brief. Frequent sexual images and graphic nudity occurs throughout the film, as well as some strong sexual references and a sped-up sex scene depicting various sexual acts and positions. VIOLENCE/GORE - Scenes of strong violence as people are sadistically beaten up by men; scenes include the beating of a homeless man, the beating of a couple, the beating of another man as gang members restrain him, and a long fight between two rival gangs. Bloodshed occasionally results in scenes of violence. PROFANITY - Infrequent strong language ("f*ck"), and some milder terms ("sh*t", "b*stard"). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - A substance known as "Milk Plus" is shown being consumed by a gang, which is shown to have violent and sexually stimulating effects on them all. Alcohol consumption is shown in a few scenes. THREAT/HORROR - Disturbing sequences of threat and menace as many people are beaten up in careless and sadistic ways.

Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Reviewing Area December 13, 2018

The age group "A Clockwork Orange" fall's in.

This movie is NOT for young kid's, it has intense themes, rape scenes, and brutal violence. But it still is a beautiful masterpiece full of great acting, and great pacing. This movie is my 3rd favorite movie, but children should not watch it. It contains some things that a child might not know and means something pretty bad. The tone of this movie is gritty and dark tone, it really fit's the movie since its Stanley Kubrick, one of the best directors, but is no stranger to controversy. It's at his best, but not good for children has heavy tones and other things. Some might say "it's just a movie" do NOT believe them its far from just a 'movie' it's a masterpiece, but also inspired real-life gang activity. It also has deeper meaning than you think it does, i would put this near 18-20+.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAlex2103 November 20, 2018

It’s excellent

Great movie but people need to understand that it’s yes very good but also very violent but not much to worry about the language very little cursing. Also there is a lot of sexual content definetly not a movie for kids. It is very dark and slightly humorous, very well done, well acted.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDapper Dan August 5, 2018

A bit of the old ultra violence...

This has got to be in my top 10 films ever. A fantastic, atmospheric study on violence, morality and choice.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLopspilpious July 2, 2018

A lesson taught in a disturbing way

This movie is one that I can easily consider one of my favorites. However, I will say there is a lot of nudity, violence, drug use, etc., so for this reason the movie is not for younger audiences. Regardless of the content mentioned above, I will say that it does send a message that is reflective of today’s society, and what may be in the not so distant future. So for that reason I think that this is a movie that can be watched by a teenager. People seem to be saying that the violence and the sexual content is grotesque, but I must disagree. The rape and gang violence is what makes the movie what it is supposed to be, and helps convey the message. For example, Kill Bill. The violence in that movie is not grotesque because Tarantino based the violence off of Japanese manga, which consists of the same violence that is in the movie. I hope this review helped and I hope that whoever watches enjoys the film as much as I do

Teen, 15 years old Written byMaidaymayday June 29, 2018

It's a fantastic masterpiece

It's Quite a violent film and there is drug use however despite all that it is a really good film you can call me mad but I actually think it's a film that should be recommended it is a brilliant film and it is definitely worth the watch