Kid reviews for A Clockwork Orange

A violent meditation on violence; graphic and disturbing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy April 9, 2010

Fantastic, Original, Controversial, NOT FOR KIDS.

This is probably the most graphical, and most twisted film I have seen. At the same time. It is so incredibly well done, it simply cannot be ignored. This film weaves an interesting, terrifying, and shockingly graphic tale. There are almost no good role models, nearly all main characters engage in horrible, immoral, violent, and sexual behavior. This movie is filled with merciless brutality, often inflicted upon the innocent. The violence includes, but is not limited to: Multiple accounts of very graphic on-screen rape, many extremely violent beatings and murders, attempted suicide, torture, police brutality, and other such horrible acts. There is also EXTREMELY Graphic On-Screen Sexual Content. Including, full female nudity, and male nudity, and several scenes in which the sex is almost entirely visible. Including the afore mentioned Rape. Just to be able to grasp some idea of what I am talking about, I might mention that this film was originally rated X. Surprisingly NO foul language in this film whatsoever. In fact, in replacement of the usual insulting words, very colorful and seemingly sophisticated phrases are used. Much ado about drugs, main characters drink drugged milk to sharpen their instincts and focus. The "Droogs" use this ability to violently harm innocent citizens. In this society, it is shown how it is possible to get a kick, or a high, out of violence. They use it like a drug. And refer to it as Ultra Violence. Anyway, I would not recommend this film for anyone under 18+. As it conveys such a disturbingly violent story, younger viewers might be too shocked by the graphical content to understand the true message, and the more subtle undertones.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThenoahman November 2, 2010

Nothing wrong its just a movie

Okay seriously are we still judging movies by there content and restricting them from kids because they have to much nudity or they are to violent seriously i am 14 and saw this movie when i was 13 there is nothing wrong with it yes it has nudity but thats part of every day life the fact that anything was wrong with the nudity would go right over kids heads its just fine there is barely any violence or language just nudity i mean ive seen everything from goodfellas to the godfather and even scarface and those movies are just fine to just like any movie so please stop judging things by their content and just let your kids watch them it
Teen, 17 years old Written byyourfunny August 15, 2011

Oh My

Well, this movie is definetly not as bad as people say it is. It's a classic, a masterpiece, and actually has some lessons that can be learned. The violence is pretty tame.

Teen, 14 years old Written byplo334 January 18, 2012

GOOD FOR TEENS WATCH WITH PARENTS

well the movie is violent and have drugs and robs etc.. but this masterpiece of movies. have one very positive message of being diffrent on you own way and dont do bad things(even this message is more for teens who is getting out of adolecensse).it says too that if you do something wrong you deserve punishement and make people change you for"better"will not help you. it syas to you respect people cause one day when you were weak they will have them revenge. the movie even being violent and disturbing is something that parents have to watch with their sons(they are surely watching things worse than this) so talk open about alex and the things that he does. and why he gets on that situation. talk to them too for when they have their childs to they give them education values unlike alex parents. is one grat movie for when you see that something is not going well with your children me and my father watched this and we both refelxed and get on the conclusion of this. grat movie watch it!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheWolfBros July 15, 2011

A Clockwork Orange Might Be Not As Bad As People Say

One of the greatest films of all time does have a sex scene( which is fast forwarded through and hard to see but very graphic. Another woman is raped(off screen) but you can see her completely naked. The violence, there is are shadows of Alex and his droogs beating up an old man with a cane (not too graphic). Alex murders a woman with a statue but it is also offscreen. The main thing to worry about this movie with teens is that teens will find Alex Delarge irresistibly cool and might want to imitate him. Parents must remember that the content in this film like the nudity and the sex scene isn't too much of a problem. If your child is easily influenced by the media than you might want to wait until they are older. Also, this film is also a little sexist. This shouldn't be a problem for any kid 13 and up who can handle the fact that they should not copy Alex.

Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest May 17, 2011

10+

ok stop saying that this is innapropriate nudity is life,rape we`re not stupid drugs that is not smart but doesn`t we have to do it

Teen, 15 years old Written bydrewm October 11, 2015

A Clockwork Orange

This movie is truly a stunning realization of a thematically brilliant and linguistically groundbreaking novel. One of, and I do not say this lightly, the best films of all time. Far surpasses Kubricks other movies, which are great in their own right. The violence serves not as fodder pandering to the lowest facet of man's nature: his obsession with the illicit, but rather serves to dramatize the bleakness and stark depravity of the dystopian society. That said, the film is easy to misunderstand; thus it should only be viewed by those with a certain degree of maturity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byChedderjack December 5, 2015

Be careful

Many consider Stanley Kubrick a legend, his directing style is undoubtedly masterful, and constantly makes one feel uneasy, really letting the chills run down your spine, the silence and longshots add quite an abundance of suspense, and Kubrick has done it yet again. A film masterpiecedesigned to provoke one's thought, causing you to question reality in an ultraviolent bizzare way. Directing job was fantastic, and as always many thrilling and grotesque scenes. However, no matter how masterful it is, this is not a movie for everyone. Personally, In my opinion, age restrictions are quite outrageous and most movies are benign, and kids should learn at a young age because they will learn eventually and there is no reason to keep them surreptitous, I must say that this movie, can be for most ages past the age of 7, those in highschool and older will understand the plot and appreciate the more philosphical side of the film. Keep yiur oids away from it for a while, for they just wont comprehend the advanced and intellectual story.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMan123 April 9, 2008

One of Kubrick's greats

A clockwork Orange I can not say enough is NOT for your children, or teenagers of that mater, all of the DVD's out to day on the stands are all Rated X(NC-17) like the original that was cut from the theaters back in 1971. But don't get me wrong it is none the less a masterpiece that your kids will just have to see when they are 18
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf-cub678 September 20, 2015

THIS IS FOR 17 YEAR OLDS

i know people will disagree but it has some violent things like killings,sex,drugs ect i highly recommend this is not for children under 17 because it is pretty vile and gross due to the use of violence but people who dissagree i'll say end of disscussion because despie my age i am no adult but i knew a clockwork orange is bad due to it's rating but this is just my opinion
Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2011

great movie

I think this movie is great.I do not think it is for kids though. There is rape blood gang fights nudity and lots of drugs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 May 6, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS

While this is one of the greatest films of all time it is not for kids in any way shape or form. It has Graphic Nudity and Violence throughout. Every single character is despicable the main character is a rapist and a murderer and is very disturbing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEvangray September 16, 2009
This is an amazing and yet terrifying film. The book is one of my faves, and its a fantastic movie... This shows that film can be an extremely powerful medium, especially in the hands of a director such as Kubrick. This film shows rape, murder, torture/brainwashing, etc. on screen. Dont let young kids watch this.

this is, the greatest movie ever made

if you have seen this movie and didn't like it, i have no respect for you as a sentinel life form. this is, without a doubt, the best movie ever made and there will be no disagreement here. i dont care what the hell its rated, this should be seen as an art peice as is the mona lisa
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 September 20, 2011

Amazing and brilliant

It's an amazing and intriguing Kubrick film, filled with violence and sexual content. However, after seeing most of the movie, I must say that the upward review isn't very fair. The sexual content is mainly nudity (full body or otherwise), and there isn't any actual sex except for two scenes: one being a 44-second sped up scene of two girls with Alex to the William Tell overture, and another 10-second or less scene at the end. There is another during the Ludovico treatment in the middle of the film, but not much is shown. There are a lot of nude pictures in the movie, decorating the homes and buildings, and there is a ceramic phallus in the cat-lady scene. It is very violent, with beatings and rape, and there are 2 deaths, off scene, and both are by accident. The gang scene is cool, with a lot of chairs and falling. As for language, there are a few light ones, and the bas**** word is said a few times, maybe one or two S words, and two uses of the F word. The rest are in nadsat, so there's no point in including them as actual cursings. In any case, watch it fully at least once! PS, in most cases, the book is worse. Second PS; the Milk-plus drinks that the droogs drink in the film are laced with Drencrom, Synthmesc, or Vellocet (I memorized them XD), which are like LSD drugs. It makes them sharper for a bit of the old Ultra-violence. There's a deeper meaning to this film and in the book, and reading both will hopefully ensure the full understanding. It is not a film to be taken lightly.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRhian De Questa June 25, 2014

CSM is wrong

This movie is not rated R, it is rated X and for good reason. Do not expose your kids to this movie. It is an incredible film, but do not let anyone under 18 watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byguiseppeb September 16, 2015

"A little bit of the old....ultra-violence..."

Fantastic movie. Definitely not for kids. There is a lot of subliminal messaging in this movie when it has to do with the government. Dirty-minded teenagers who go to milkbars (which can't serve alcohol) and drink spiked milk. They commit acts of violence, because the police don't do anything about it (a message of how corrupt cops are, possibly). There's more to it than that, but I don't want to ruin the movie for you.

Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares December 26, 2008

One of Kubrick's best.

Unfortunately, A Clockwork Orange has lost much of its message. The film deals with adult fears of the youth during a time when the youth was very violent. (Of course, it still is.) I won't call it Kubrick's best movie (I'd choose 1975's Barry Lyndon) but it is still great.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLady Ligeia March 20, 2014

Good for the Mature

This movie is graphically and sexually violent, but it makes a point. I would recommend this movie only to someone who is mature enough to fully understand that while the main character does all these awful things to people, it is not condoned to any extent and exists solely to demonstrate that it is wrong. This movie delves deep into the nature of humanity and violence, freedom of will, the extremes of teenage rebellion and the punishment and reformation of criminals. If one is mature enough to see it, this movie has a powerful, striking message.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWisdomIsAll December 13, 2013

A Hard-to-Watch Lesson in Human Nature

I can't remember ever watching such a twisted, sickening movie while thinking at the same time that it was a cinematic masterpiece. A Clockwork Orange is the epitome of just that. Stanley Kubrick's film takes us on a ride through psychopathic delinquent Alex DeLarge's life, but it's really about the wrongs of psychological manipulation. It is better to be evil by nature than be artificially good, because the latter denies the natural born right to choose our paths in life. In the end, you actually feel sympathy for the murderous, Beethoven-loving Alex, as un-heroic as he is. That is not to say that the crucial social themes in this movie make it more acceptable for younger audiences to view. Just because it is an important adaptation of a literary work doesn't mean that just anyone can watch it. You need to walk into this film- not literally- with a mature mental state, or you will not get past the disturbing scenes of violence and graphic rape. That said, A Clockwork Orange doesn't try to glorify brutality. If anything, you will feel nauseated at Alex's gleeful disposition as he and his friends beat an old man senseless and rapes a helpless woman while belting Singin' in the Rain, and even more so at the way the Ludivico Technique tries to turn him against his nature.