A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

A Few Good Men

A Few Good Men Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 10 parent reviews

Sort by:

VERY EXCELLENT. Yet watch out for what your children could ask you.

This may have some language and complex themes. Commander Joanne Galloway is a strong, willing and dedicated character. Lt. Col. Daniel Kaffee learned to prioritize things. The message about honor and honesty was crystal clear - "You don't have to wear patches to be honorable". Besides a quarter of f-bombs and other mild expletives, parents also should watch for a brief sexual reference; children might ask questions about it. Parents also should watch for possible questions, like the law and marines. Children can learn about court martials and how is it to be in the navy. This film is very great, but children who do not know much about the navy needs guide for possible questions. 12+

1 person found this helpful.

Good Movie but Bad Guy is a Bad Guy

The main thing that bothered me is something said during the investigation by a high ranking man in the marines. A general I think. The general got frustrated because a female commander on the investigation asked him some questions. He then told her lower ranking male colleague that the best thing higher ranking women were good for was to give b****-jobs. He was sleazy. I would not watch this with anyone under 16. Otherwise it’s a fantastic movie.

Good movie

It’s a good movie, but not for young children there’s a scary Scene where someone is wrapped in duct tape and drowns in his own blood there are some swear words.

A courtroom drama that makes time fly by fast

An engaging film from beginning to end, although it get better as time goes on. Cruise has a little too much Maverick in the first third, but luckily he lets that go and then proceeds to be the early 90s Cruise we all remember. Moore should have more to do then to be flummoxed and overreact, but I love that she does not hook up with Cruise's character, because that would be totally unnecessary. Then there is Jack Nicholson. He steals every scene he is in and dominates with his excessive personality. It is worth seeing the film just to see him take control until he loses control. I didn't realize the film was 2 hours and 18 minutes long, it was that good that the time flew by, not bad for a courtroom drama.

Definitely 18+

Not for kids/teens.

Not bad

This is very good.

Good film.

This movie was great! Thev plot was good as well as the music.So I recomend it!

It's Fine

For me, this is not a great movie. It’s just fine, good characters, good actors… The movie talks about a trial and a murder. I think the positive point it’s the end and the way the guilty guys are punished. Worth your time.

Ignore the paranoia

Do the right thing. That's the message in this movie. No matter how high an official may rank, they aren't immune to the law; there are consequences. However, there's an equally interesting, and I believe persuasive, point that maybe we, as civilians, don't want to know the truth of what measures our military takes. This movie is appropriate for mature middle-school children. It's laughable that an oral sex reference was voted "inappropriate" for 16 year olds on this site. When I was in middle school, oral sex was completely out of the question. However, the children even two years after me considered it to be nothing. I graduated high school in 2003. Regardless of your opinion about the promiscuity and sexuality of middle and high school students, it's only fueling the flames of rebellion to pretend the situation is something other than what it is. And what a tragedy it would be for these young adults to miss such a powerful film. It's the kind of movie that makes you want to be a lawyer. Like I am.