Parent reviews for A Few Good Men

Complex military whodunit. For mature teens+.

Adult Written bygrapelover46 September 14, 2012

This is very good.

Adult Written byPres March 20, 2020

Definitely 18+

Not for kids/teens.
Adult Written byMattL 1 July 2, 2015

Not bad

Parent Written byBeatrix Kiddo-Orteza October 3, 2013

VERY EXCELLENT. Yet watch out for what your children could ask you.

This may have some language and complex themes. Commander Joanne Galloway is a strong, willing and dedicated character. Lt. Col. Daniel Kaffee learned to prioritize things. The message about honor and honesty was crystal clear - "You don't have to wear patches to be honorable". Besides a quarter of f-bombs and other mild expletives, parents also should watch for a brief sexual reference; children might ask questions about it. Parents also should watch for possible questions, like the law and marines. Children can learn about court martials and how is it to be in the navy. This film is very great, but children who do not know much about the navy needs guide for possible questions. 12+

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Good film.

This movie was great! Thev plot was good as well as the music.So I recomend it!
Adult Written byJosé Pedro August 3, 2011

It's Fine

For me, this is not a great movie. It’s just fine, good characters, good actors… The movie talks about a trial and a murder. I think the positive point it’s the end and the way the guilty guys are punished. Worth your time.

Adult Written bynovachecks January 29, 2010

Ignore the paranoia

Do the right thing.

That's the message in this movie. No matter how high an official may rank, they aren't immune to the law; there are consequences. However, there's an equally interesting, and I believe persuasive, point that maybe we, as civilians, don't want to know the truth of what measures our military takes. This movie is appropriate for mature middle-school children.

It's laughable that an oral sex reference was voted "inappropriate" for 16 year olds on this site. When I was in middle school, oral sex was completely out of the question. However, the children even two years after me considered it to be nothing. I graduated high school in 2003. Regardless of your opinion about the promiscuity and sexuality of middle and high school students, it's only fueling the flames of rebellion to pretend the situation is something other than what it is.

And what a tragedy it would be for these young adults to miss such a powerful film. It's the kind of movie that makes you want to be a lawyer.

Like I am.