Kid reviews for A Few Good Men

Complex military whodunit. For mature teens+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan August 13, 2015

"A Few Good Men" movie review

"A Few Good Men" is a masterpiece of cinema in my opinion. This movie is severely underrated. It is the best courtroom drama I have ever seen. "A Few Good Men" is a layered, complex, masterful film. Tom Cruise gives the best performance of his entire career and that is saying something. His character, Lieutenant Kaffee truly matures from a careless and lazy lawyer to a devoted man of the law. He was probably my favorite aspect of "A Few Good Men". I think it is one of the greatest performances ever. Demi Moore was good as his partner. Kevin Bacon and Kiefer Sutherland were also really good. However, Jack Nicholson was excellent. He was incredibly intimidating as Colonel Nathan Jessep. This man is truly hard and strict. Col. Jessep believes in making his nation a strong nation. The screenplay for "A Few Good Men" is phenomenal. Yes, the last third is predictable. Still, I watch the movie to see the way Kaffee thinks and his logic behind his accusation. "A Few Good Men" has a plethora of themes. Honor, respect, strength, authority, loyalty, integrity, bravery, and sacrifice are all major parts of this movie. I like how the movie shows that although you are a high-ranking military officer, you don't always get excused for your actions and your rank doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want. Also, I admire the character of Daniel Kaffee. He knew he would be court-martialled if he wrongfully accused a high-ranking military official yet he took a risk to save two wrongfully accused marines. That is called true bravery. "A Few Good Men" showed why Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson are two of the greatest actors of all time. Both deserved Oscars(R) for their performances in this movie in my opinion. I absolutely love this movie. It is one of my favorites of the 1990s and of all time. I was continuously on the edge of my seat and the last act was riveting filmmaking. There is no absolutely inappropriate content in this movie. It is just very mature and confusing. I highly recommend this movie to most mature teenagers and adults. I have never been more satisfied with a Tom Cruise movie.

Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2016

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Common sense media rated the Martian 12+ for having multiple f words while this only had a few. It is a trial and jury so I believe it can teach kids about court. Excellent acting too. Only violent part is a soldier commiting suicide, but gunshot or body is not seen, just a crack of thunder. Well worth your time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 30, 2013

"They stand on a wall, and they say 'nothing's gonna hurt you tonight. Not on my watch."

One of my favorite movies of all time. It's one of those "it makes you think" movies. The film brings up the timeless question - do you follow your duty or your conscience? Parents need to know that there is a lot of language that include just about everything curse word ever invented, and used multiple times each, though in justifying context. A characters us VERY rude to a woman. There is no real violence but a shot of a bed where a man died is covered in bloodstains, and a man commits suicide, though nothing after him putting the gun in his mouth is seen.Tom Cruise steals the film as the sarcastic lawyer who has never been in court and is thrust into it as a defense for two Marines who are on trial for murder. Demi Moore is his aspiring assistant who wants to clear the two men from their charge, and Jack Nicholson is the Colonel Jessop, the antagonist of the film who splendidly portrays a course, sinister side but is the best at what he does - protecting the country. A supporting cast of Kevin Pollak, Kevin Bacon,and Kiefer Sutherland make it a wonderful film to discuss and a great insight into the life of the marine corps, with scenes of humor and a lot of quotable lines. The whole movie revolves around court and is mostly dialogue that might be hard for younger children to understand, but is fascinating for older teens who will be able to follow to banter of the prosecution vs. the defense. It is six out of five stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySun Always Shin... March 12, 2021

A cinematic masterpiece

There are few movies out there that pass the two hour mark in length but are able to keep an audience's intrigue the entire time. One of those movies just happens to be 1992's "A Few Good Men".

The story features a military lawyer who must take on the case of two young Marines charged with killing another Marine while at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base. The screenplay was written by the incredible Aaron Sorkin (think "The Social Network" and "To Kill A Mockingbird" on Broadway) and was directed by Rob Reiner (think "Stand By Me", "The Princess Bride", and "When Harry Met Sally"). With that and two incredibly strong performances by Nicholson and Cruise, there's no way this film can do wrong.

There isn't much shocking twists in this movie, but that's not why most of us watch it. It's a dazzling and authentic movie, a must-watch for any film fan.

Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2020

For ages 14 and up

I started watching this movie with my older brother, and it was too much. It is a good movie, but it is not for younger kids. There is a lot of grown up stuff in there.

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2020

"A Few Good Men"

this movie was amazing! i loved the courtroom drama and how convincing tom cruise is as the lawyer. there is some bad language which is predictable bcuz of the topic of the movie. a few drinks here and there. overall a great movie!

Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2020

Classic court movie has f-bombs

Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2020

Classic legal drama with Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, and Demi Moore

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach October 10, 2020

Dragged but good movie

Good movie that is kind of overly long

Teen, 13 years old Written byConker22 September 6, 2020

A few good men has a few bad scenes

There is really only two scenes that would be considered explicit other than the profanity which is the only reason it’s r (15 f***) anyway the explicit scenes are (spoiler alert) when the code red is given out has a man being beaten then some blood.The other is the suicide scene but we don’t actually see it

Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2020

Parents Read

Some cursing. However, your kids probably curse behind your back anyways and will probably think you are "cool" for showing them this movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovies15boyz September 3, 2019
bad f bombs threwought. lazy, scripting.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTom04 June 29, 2019

Common Sense Media you can’t handle to the truth

This should not be 16 b cause as it is complicated it is not that in appropriate because there is not much swearing
Teen, 14 years old Written byGhandi January 25, 2019

Great Flick

Great story and teaches you about how powerful the truth is.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookNerd16 September 4, 2018

You Can't Handle the Truth

Very little violence (mostly fistfights), although beginning scene depicts the murder the movie is centered around and can be disturbing. No sex other than brief dialogue. Around 15 uses of f*** and s**t with scattered other profanities. Lots of drinking. Great movie, definitely watch if you're okay with the language.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheparanoidreviewer May 23, 2018

Wonderful and dramatic!

Fantastic movie discussing necessities in combat! There is quite some language but it can be ignored when you get to the plot. There was indeed a graphic sexual reference in which some viewers could find very uncomfortable. The violence was really only at the beginning. It can get boring at some parts though. Other than that, great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymrekuc December 17, 2017

Amazing movie but only for very mature teens

This is a great movie, but I could say with confidence that the majority of teens will find this movie extremely boring. If you are looking for a movie that is very "real" than this is it. There is no explosions or gun fights in the courtroom, but the story really is captivating. The message is great, Sometimes you need to do what's right, even if it means putting everything on the line. The opening scene is the only violent/gory scene. There is a lot of swearing thought. There is also a suicide half way though the movie that I feel a parent should know about.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDetonaterCallan July 24, 2017
This is a great movie about a court case and people who are interested in it would love the movie! I really liked the movie myself. There is a fair amount of cursing throughout the movie but not too much. The term blowjob is used and someone gets assaulted in the beginning and ends up dying. So 13 and up should be able to watch this movie.
Written byAnonymous September 18, 2016

Excellent

Very good for those who will get it

Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2014

Great movie

"A Few Good Men" is an interesting movie with positive messages.
I think it should be rated PG-13. Appropriate for teens, although some might find it boring.