Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 30 kid reviews

Sort by:

my thoughts...

It's a complex military whodunit. For mature teens+.

1 person found this helpful.

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!"

The truth is, this is a great movie, and the only reason its rated R is cause of some F bombs. But most kids hear much more of those at school, so it's not a big thing. No violence except for some minor stuff and the beginning, and some swearing. But honestly, if your kid has heard language before, and won't repeat it, its fine for them to watch.

1 person found this helpful.

One of my favourite films | A few good men movie review

First, this is an incredible film with some iconic lines and phrases and SUCH a good storyline (I love mysteries, 80s films, Tom cruise, lawyer films and Demi moore so it’s perfect for me). It’s got MANY of my favourite actors in - Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Jack Nickelson. I don’t really get why everyone’s saying 16+, it’s really not that bad apart from a few bits which I understand why may he slightly concerning. Also, I’d recommend this film to 12+ mainly because it’s about law and is a bit complex for young viewers at points and probably won’t interest them anyway - though I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who would be interested. ⚠️ Review may contain mild spoilers Violence - practically nothing, two men tie up another man at the beginning of the film and stuff a rag in his mouth. Later on, it’s clear that he died (you see his bed stained in blood). Since the film revolves about this death, it is discussed vaguely though not in graphic detail. Sex - One oral sex reference which is pretty graphic though will go over the heads of most children and is easy to miss even if you would understand it. One or two more mild references throughout the movie though again, easy to miss. Language - F word said a few times, sh*t a bit more, though not frequent.

Parents Read

Some cursing. However, your kids probably curse behind your back anyways and will probably think you are "cool" for showing them this movie.

1 person found this helpful.

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Common sense media rated the Martian 12+ for having multiple f words while this only had a few. It is a trial and jury so I believe it can teach kids about court. Excellent acting too. Only violent part is a soldier commiting suicide, but gunshot or body is not seen, just a crack of thunder. Well worth your time.

Excellent

Very good for those who will get it

1 person found this helpful.

“You want answers?” “I want the truth!” “You can’t handle the truth!”

A Few Good Men is a 1992 war drama film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Kiefer Sutherland. Language(4/5): The film has 12 uses of “f**k”, which is most likely the only reason it’s rated R. Other language includes 2 uses of “g****mn”, “Chr**t” and “hell”, and 1 use of “f***oty”, “J*s*s”, “son of a b**ch”, “damn” and “Jack”. The film has 23 total curses. Sex, Romance and Nudity(2/5): A man makes a joking allusion to oral sex. A man sarcastically says he’s “sexually aroused.” Drinking, Drugs and Smoking(2/5): Marijuana is referenced once. A man gets drunk, and smoking is infrequent. Violence(3/5): A man shoots himself in the head offscreen, however, we see him put the pistol in his mouth. In the first scene, a man is attacked while he’s sleeping, a small amount of blood is shown on the mattress later. Positive Messages: None. Positive Role Models and Representations: Characters defend their honor. Watching Experience: Nothing of note with my experience regarding mature content. Quality(opinionated): (My rating) PG-13 For some strong language including a slur, brief suggestive content and a couple of violent images.

Great film, some salty language

This movie is a great film, with a good plot, and intense thrill along the way. There is absolutely no violence, and not much action either, this one is more about words than fighting. Tom Cruise stars as a lawyer in this movie, trying to defend two sargents accused of murder. Little does he know that solving this case will unravel the truth about a dishonest leader that has caused many "code reds." This movie is appropriate for most teens, but does have some language. I would recommend it to anyone that likes thrills, or to anyone that is interested in the military, or court.

Great Movie- I’d Recommend to Any Mature Teen

This was quite a good film. I was 15 and a half when I watched it with parents. Violence is discussed, including a fatal assault (the premise of the movie) as well as a suicide by gunshot delivered off screen. Language certainly exists but anyone who can handle it would not be bothered. It seems proportionate to the stresses of the situation, not gratuitously vulgar. The movie itself is complex but upon understanding, makes for a good story with interesting character development. One scene discusses sexual activity. The remarks clearly make the characters uncomfortable and the man who makes these comments is a villain, so it certainly isn’t glorified. Great movie and I would recommend to anyone who is interested in law, the military, or can follow a complex story.

A cinematic masterpiece

There are few movies out there that pass the two hour mark in length but are able to keep an audience's intrigue the entire time. One of those movies just happens to be 1992's "A Few Good Men". The story features a military lawyer who must take on the case of two young Marines charged with killing another Marine while at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base. The screenplay was written by the incredible Aaron Sorkin (think "The Social Network" and "To Kill A Mockingbird" on Broadway) and was directed by Rob Reiner (think "Stand By Me", "The Princess Bride", and "When Harry Met Sally"). With that and two incredibly strong performances by Nicholson and Cruise, there's no way this film can do wrong. There isn't much shocking twists in this movie, but that's not why most of us watch it. It's a dazzling and authentic movie, a must-watch for any film fan.