Parent reviews for A Good Day to Die Hard

A Good Day to Die Hard Poster Image

Watch this for time pass

Nothing like 80s

Computer game

If you allow your older children to play action based computer games... this movie is just about as violent. It is well acted..the plot is a little different... Bruce Willis is pretty good.. action scenes creative.

Boring, stupid. The series is forever dead.

Wow, even Bruce Willis couldn't save this huge let down!

Wow, do you even know how bad this atrocity is? The chemistry between John and his son is atrocious, the action scenes are bland and boring, and the villain sucks! Die Hard is known for having really cool villains, but this installment does not have that! Just skip this movie, don't even acknowledge this as a part of the franchise!

Nothing like the original.

Can't this series die now?

By god has this series gone sour..! The first movie was so good but for each new instalment the bar has been lowered a little bit further... It feels boring and cliché half the time and the good parts do not make up for it enough. See it if there is no better option or you just want to turn your brain off.

a DIE HARD family

My Husband & I love DIE HARD and showed our son the first one this past Christmas on DVD. Our son is 10. He loves videogames and understands the difference between"cartoon" violence and "six o'clock news" violence.. We took our son to see this DIE HARD on Opening Weekend. It was our son's first Rated R movie(in the theater). We enjoyed it as a family becasue we take it for what it is: a good old shoot em up action film. It has no social redeeming value, excpet for perhaps the side storyline of the father/Son bond being healed. I know it is not for everyone, but you can call us a DIE HARD family!

A Good Day To Die Hard (2013) Review by Shivom Oza - A Bad Film For 'Die Hard'

In the fifth installment of the 'Die Hard' film series, 'A Good Day To Die Hard', Bruce Willis is back as John McClane. This time the American cop travels to Russia to help his son Jack McClane crack down a terrorist plot. Although the action pieces are well-conceived, shot and executed, the story just doesn't make the cut. Back up the ordinary plot with below-the-par dialogues and performances, and the end result is a disappointing film. Die Hard 5 lets the 'Die Hard' title down, big time. While Die Hard 4/ 'Live Free Or Die Hard' had Officer John McClane (Bruce Willis) rescuing his daughter, this one involves his estranged son Jack McClane (Jai Courtney). Jack has been staying in Russia as a spy working for the CIA. He has been working to prevent a major terror plot. Also, he is supposed to protect the Russian political prisoner Yuri Kumarov (Sebastian Koch), whose life is threatened by Viktor Chagarin (Sergei Koleshnikov), a corrupt, influential Russian official and Alik (Radivoje Bukvić), who is presumably a gang-lord. John learns about the impending danger to his son's life and he sets off for Russia. Over there, the father-son duo comes face-to-face with all these troublemakers. What follows are numerous gun-shots, car crashes, explosions among other novel action sequences. The plot is a let-down. The story was equally implausible in the fourth film and one realizes leaps of faith need to be taken into consideration for such big-ticket actioners, but Die Hard 5 is just not gripping enough. The only bright spots in the film are the wonderful action pieces and some witty banter between Willis and Courtney. Most dialogues focus on Willis' age, baldness, gumption etc. At other times, he is taking jibes at his son. You may welcome a few scenes with a reluctant guffaw, but it doesn't take too long for the proceedings to become outright boring. Director John Moore has made a good action-scene catalog. Feature film, not quite! This film should disappoint 'Die Hard' loyalists as well! Shivom Oza

Good movie

Their are some swearwords.