Parent and Kid Reviews on

A Goofy Movie Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 9 parent reviews

Sort by:

Not for little kids at all

The first scene is absolutely terrifying to little kids. My four year old was shaking in terror. The whole movie has high school themes. Boy likes girl and pines for her. Not something I want my little kids to watch or worry about ever.
1 person found this helpful.

Not scary, teen/tween themes

This film is not scary at all. My kid enjoyed it at five. There are some teen/tween issues - it will depend on your kid whether they find those interesting or not. As a European, I did not find any elements inappropriate for children (seems like some Americans disagree). There are also more general family themes.

Not for 7 year olds

Turned it off after a few minutes. Cleavage and inappropriate clothing on female characters who acted snotty to boy characters. Opened with a song hoping to get the “girl” No thanks! Not for my 7 year old

Skip the first scene.

My boys love this movie. They sing the songs around the house all day, and they love "gooby". The only thing that scared them was the first scene of the movie where Max transforms into goofy.

Disney's legendary comedian makes his move on the big screen!

Should be rated PG for some scary moments and suggestive elements.

A truly fun little piece of work.

This is a great movie, especially for fans of the character Goofy. This movie is very funny in many parts but also quite touching as the relationship between Goofy and Max can easily be compared to a lot of child/parent relationships. Admit it, you've all been in Max's shoes at one point or another, being forced on a vacation you'd rather not go on and ending up enjoying it after a while. What prevents this from being perfect is that at times, even for the short timeslot that this film had, it can feel a little patted out. Like, some scenes I just felt went on longer than they should have, but that's just a small gripe and doesn't stop this movie from being a truly worthwhile experience.

CUTE!!! FUN!!! GOOFY IS THE BEST ANIMATED CHARACTER EVER!!!!!!

I saw this movie when I was in pre-school and I still watch it today. It still is enjoyable and it's still the best animated movie EVER in my book. A few love references but their vague, oblique and mild. A great message for everbody!