Parent reviews for A Journal for Jordan

A Journal for Jordan Movie Poster

Based on 1 review

Based on 1 review

Great story and delivery, some uncomfortable moments

Our family saw this film together, and we were able to talk about some deep themes and appreciate the emotion the movie brought to the surface. A few, small, glaring moments did make us uncomfortable as the stars were in bed together in several scenes and the discussion turned sexual. The sex scene itself is abbreviated but the small amounts of nudity are enough to make a parent blush sitting next to young teens or tweens. We also found a few comments from our fellow movie-goers to be distracting, as they appreciated the physique of the actors. As a story, this is stirring and emotional. You are almost guaranteed to tear up. The love of the parental figures for Jordan is well developed and expressed. The discussions of their family histories and the frankness of their conversations, are refreshing and feel very honest. Seeing this movie with your kids and not discussing the weighty themes would be a missed opportunity; once you've gotten through the moments that make you blush, use this as a time to speak to young men about emotionality, courage, and gentlemanliness; and to young women about setting boundaries, waiting for love, and choosing to love through hard times. An edited version of this story to remove the brief sex scene and tame the language would not hurt the story or diminish its impact.

2 people found this helpful.