Kid reviews for A Knight's Tale

Edgy medieval tale with rock music, some cursing.

Wondering if A Knight's Tale is OK for your kids?

Teen, 13 years old Written byI'mTheMovieCritic101 March 15, 2017

To explain this, put a modern twist on the Mid Evil times...

I love Heath Ledger (RIP i miss you) so that's probably what's making me love this movie. There is no sex, just implied if that's concerns any of you parents, and violence barely any except the jousting, which isn't that bad. There are great messages and lot's of humor, so this is a pretty good family movie. Hands down, I loved it.

Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2020

It was ok

The love story was boring for kids but the sport was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThatOneKid64 May 26, 2020

It's PG-13, what did you expect?

This movie has no gore. As for sexual stuff, some male buttocks are shown, but this is played for laughs.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySushiChristianKitten December 26, 2019

My Dad Loves It

This is one of my dad's favorite movies. I mean, it is a great story with a ton of humor and rock music, but...
There is so much language, sexual content and violence (although that last one makes sense, since it's about jousting and knights)
Also, there is a scene in which a character walks down a road, totally naked because he lost his clothes while gambling. Nothing too bad was shown, but it was still cringe-worthy.
I asked my dad why he likes it and he said "It's smart humor, and they combined classic rock with history. It was really smart and good, and it's a great story."
I guess it's a matter of opinion? I would wait until your kids are pretty mature before letting them watch it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykenzieleigh915 November 20, 2018

Teen, 14 years old Written byKailey Welter November 14, 2018

Ok

It is ok for little 5 and up. No sexy stuff. A female wears a slight see through outfit. A guy walks down the road naked, butt cheeks shown .
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 October 31, 2018

Super good movie for teens and adults!!

This movie is fantastic! From the opening where they incorporate the Queen's song, to the very end was amazing!
Violence: Peril and blood.
Swearing: Bad words including H***, D***, and others.
Romance: Innuendo, going into a girl's room, a man is naked several time and his butt is shown.
Really good movie!! Watch!

Teen, 13 years old Written byR.G.Saujanya December 1, 2017

Great movie to watch with your family

The movie 'A Knight's Tale' is a great family friendly movie. It has one small scene that shows the backside of a man but nothing to worry about. There is also some small kissing scenes here and there but nothing serious to worry about. If it was, I wouldn't have watched it at school with my class! It has a great message of self-confidence. It was also pretty cheesy but a pretty great movie overall.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlyssa Wingo October 17, 2013

Appropriate and Funny with a Good Message on the Side

This movie is HILARIOUS! Any child age 9 or above would enjoy and appreciate the humor in this movie. Although there is some promiscuous activity between William and Jocelyn, it is something that I believe most kids could handle. There is NO intercourse, only kissing. There are also some scenes at formal events, such as balls, where the characters are drinking, but I don't think the child would even notice that the beverages are alcoholic. Finally, violence. There is obviously violence due to the fact that this movie is about a jouster, but that is about it. Forgetting about all the negatives of this movie (although there hardly are any), it sends a great message to kids. I am not going to spoil anything so you will have to watch the movie yourself to find out what that message is.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAymz August 23, 2013

A Knight's Tale; Positive Opinions

Great representation of medieval times, and although it is more of a movie for adults/adolescents, it is a great learning tool (especially if you are learning about medieval history). I believe it sets good messages and has morals in the story. I do not suggest watching this movie with children under the age of 13, due to the use of swearing and such.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenezia December 17, 2012

Two Thumbs Up

My kid sister and I have both seen this movie countless times. I have almost no complaints. When writing the letter to Jocelyn, I find some of the talk involving her breats to be demeaning to women. I am not a feminist but I do not really find it appropiate to be toyed with. I know it's PG-13 for a reason but seiously? All in all, it was excellent and I'm giving it 5 stars.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 31, 2012

A Knight's Tale Review

As advertised, A Knight's Tale does try to rock you. The problem is, it doesn't rock you nearly enough. It would be sweeter if the fair maiden weren't such a pill and more exciting if the villain weren't quite so nasty. Violence: 1.5/5 - Jousting, sword fighting. Language: 1.5/5 - Below medium profanity. Sex: 1.5/5 - Mild sexual situation, brief non-sexual nudity.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenMaple January 1, 2012

A Knight's Tale

This is a good movie for both comedy and underlying themes about not judging someone based on social status, and reaching goals. Although there are a few "don't look" parts for some , the story in itself is fun.

Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewBoy November 18, 2009

Some sexual behavior is inapropriate

#1:
The poet walks down the road stark naked, acting as if he hadn't a care in the world. All you see is a bottom, or, a Knights Tail, (Hee Hee) but still inapropriate.
#2:
The Knight, Heath Ledger, when composing a letter to Joselyn, his love, takes up suggestions for her praise.
His buddies suggest praising her breasts, or bosoms, all presented in a jovial manner.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymissylynn June 4, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda45 May 23, 2009

LOVED IT!!

good movie. we watched it in school. Teaches kids abut medivel times in an interesting way.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2009

its a good movie but not the most appropriate

it is a funny cool awsume movie but its kinda inapropriate. if u are a mom or dad then i would tell you to know ur kids for this movie if ur one that has a repeating child i wouldnt have them watch this or if u hate ur kids to watch violence i wouldnt do this movie either
Teen, 13 years old Written bycritic2 March 22, 2009

A Knight's Tale critic2

This is my favorite movie of all time execpt one other. This movie had a very good clear message. It did have cusing and sex parts. But it was amazing!

Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

a knights tale by critic07

I thought it was a good action/romance/rock&roll movie that you will probaly love. I loved it because i'm a big classic rock music fan and it had a bunch!I had some sex parts, but it did'nt show it. I loved, you should see it if you haven't!!!!!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byChocolate body dude April 9, 2008

It speared my brain!

The film was viewed by my class in history. I saw the end at home because it was so good. It beats staring at the pavement because of the great humour.But the fasinating thing about this film is the music - you can't beat a bit of Queen!