All teen and kid member reviews for A League of Their Own

Teen, 17 years old Written bycraftysafdie April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER

It was GREAT... I hate baseball but it was perfect. Mae is the most inapropriate charector in it becuase she thinks shes sexy... thats about it
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2010
I loved this movie. some parts are inapropriat but in most part it teaches you a great lesson. than if you go for something and try to acheive it then chances are you will.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 2, 2012

Impressive story of women's baseball. Some mild language!

"A League of Their Own" is a sports drama starring Geena Davis, Lori Petty and Tom Hanks. Being inspiring and thoughtful, but also very entertaining, "A League of Their Own" is an overwhelming story of fighting for your dreams and friendship. The plot involves around the first women-only-league of baseball in the 1940s. It is a story about women standing together for their dream, in a world dominated by men. No matter how hard the times are, they stand strong and fight for their rights. The movie features strong performances by Tom Hanks (one year before he won the Academy Award for "Philadelphia", and two years before he starred in "Forrest Gump") and Geena Davis. The theme song, a masterful ballad called "This Used to be my Playground", performed by superstar Madonna, who also co-stars in this movie (and does not even act THAT bad), is one of the movie history's most inspiring and wonderful songs. If you expect an action-packed sports movie, you'll be disappointed, but if not, you'll get an amazing look into a time period, in which women had to fight for their rights - and one of the most accurate lessons in equality. ---------------------------------------------- There is some mild language, s**t, a*s, and one b*tch. A man is called a penis. Tom Hanks' character is an alcoholic, but it is done for comic reasons and is not depicted glorifying. Should be okay for tweens and up!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigwidedworld101 September 3, 2015

A Total Must Watch

This is a great movie about one of the first ever all female baseball teams set during WWII. Parents should know that there is some mature language, kissing and drinking. However, it is easy to see that this movie carries a lot of positive messages. The most important being that women can do anything men can and be just as good at it. The characters, especially the female baseball players, all come from different backgrounds but they eventually form a lasting friendship. The characters also change a lot throughout this movie in positive ways. The alcoholic manager gathers the players to pray before a game, which shows his faith in God. Mae, who seems snobby at first, teaches an illiterate player how to read. These are just examples but what I what I'm trying to say is that this film shows that when you are on a team, you learn a lot more than just how to play a sport. you learn about friendship, forgiveness and acceptance. This movie exposes this beautifully and that is why it is so worthwhile to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhtriplett@icloud.com January 10, 2015
Tom Hanks did unbelievable and he was hilarious but characters say some cuss words, It was sad where they discuss Betty "spaghetti's husbands death and the men can be annoying, in one scene a man wants a girl to slide so he can see her underwear, a moddo...... "All the way Mae makes a mans day in an inappropriate way".
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2012

Great Movie

This movie is really good I saw it in class for Women's History, but it says bad words like the b word and the s word
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010
LOVE the movie.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2013

Great Story!

" A legue of their own" is a great story! Some parts are a little bit inappropriate but most of it wasn't. I would recommend this movie to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 June 29, 2010

Gram Slam for A League of Their Own!

This movie shows that women can do anything! I wish they would still do women's baseball :( but this movie was so cool! Drinks are used and body parts too, but a very funny movie!
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

a league of their own

Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2012

f

It is great movie that tells the story of women's baseball. There are a couple things that younger kids might not understand though. Most boys probably wouldn't want to watch it but it's a fun movie for girls AND boys.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2011
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Awesome

One of my favorite movies.
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2010

A Classic Comedy

When my mom showed me this movie, I didn't think I was gonna like it. But when I actually WATCHED it, I was rolling on the ground laughing, I think I scared my dog! It was SOOOO funny! My favorite part was when the fat kid covered the bus driver's eyes. i regret doubting it.
Kid, 9 years old April 14, 2010

A League of their own.

A League of their own is a must see. At the beginning, it's slow but later in the movie it's really good.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2009

good movie

I saw this movie when I was 8 years old this aint that bad its a great movie! they should put less swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byPexi April 9, 2008

Great Movie! Must See

This is my favorite movie!! I love it. I think its great for any age. i watched it the first time at aage 8 and loved it, so i recommend sharing it with your children.