Kid reviews for A League of Their Own

A League of Their Own Poster Image

I really like this movie. It has strong female characters that aim to show men they can do what men can do. It also has some history of not only baseball, but the ware that was going on at the time. There are some parts that have more adult themes, but nothing that would be too much. I only put 11 and up as I think slightly older kids would enjoy the movie more and be able to understand the story line. Really this movie has it all, it is funny, thoughtful, and sad at times too.

A smash hit sports classic

This movie was a "hit" and did not disappoint. This film is about two sisters who play professional baseball, and traverse through the obstacles that face them as they meet new friends and the hurdles of being females in a typically male sport. The 1992 film delivers a positive message to the audience watching. The lesson is that anyone can do anything whether you are a boy or girl. I also thought that this movie was very funny and anyone will laugh at the jokes. However, this movie does get emotional at times, some events because of this movie taking place during WW2. I recommend that parents shouldn't let younger kids watch this movie because of bad language, and some smoking and drinking. I think anyone 11+ will really like this baseball movie.

VERY GOOD MOVIE but...

even I felt uncomfortable in some places. There was a scene in the locker room with girls with nothing but underwear and a bra on. 1 death scene was very emotional and sad. several references to sex. A very good bit of the Drinking/drugs/smoking category. Swearing was not too severe but definitely a problem. I am a Christian and I very much don't like it when they take the Lord's name in vain (which happens a lot). And much more. surprised it wasn't PG 13. But put it on your list of movies to watch once you are 11+ because it is AMAZING. The cast is unbelievable. Must watch.

It is a VERY good movie.

I liked that the main characters were women.

I loved what they did using the world war 2 setting for this movie. This movie is a great inspiration, it has it's sad and exciting parts. Overall an amazing movie, would watch again!

Great sports movie.

Would recommend watching. It was about an all girls baseball league. It was a great movie and it had a great message. There was awesome role models.

Amazing Movie with Great Messages!

A League of Their Own has great messages and role models. I recommend it for kids 10+ since there is some swearing, drinking/smoking, and hints of adult stuff. It shows that there isn't a limit to what boys can and girls can't do and hint at how segregation affects things. Overall it's an amazing movie and I would watch it again!

A League of Their Own

A League of Their Own is about the All American Girls Baseball League. The women played baseball when the men were sent to war. It's mainly about two sisters, one who's always perfect at everything, and the other is jealous of her sister because she's perfect. I thought the movie was funny, sad, exiting. I would recommend this movie to baseball lovers, girls, history lovers.

The girls are SOO hot

As a questioning lesbian I must say that the women are beautiful. I had no idea what was happening all I could focus on was that the whole cast was beautiful, powerful, strong, woman!