Kid reviews for A Monster Calls

A Monster Calls Poster Image

Very Sad.

Too Sad for me to Watch, I cried when watching the end, if your a tearjerker i recommend you this movie!

depressing movie

This movie was just too sad for me!! And the only good parts in my opinion were the monster's stories. Not a good watch unless you want a tearjerker.

Relatively good drama movie is slow going

A Monster Call movie was okay for me -- the book was better! This movie wasn't exactly how I thought it would turn out . . . I did enjoy the movie in the end, but I felt like this movie was a slow going at a lot of points; I can't stand slow-going movies to be honest. This grief/drama movie has some minor flaws in this movie and it may be boring for young ones. It isn't exactly my favorite movie, but it was kind of worth seeing in the end! It isn't exactly as sad as the book had it, but it does contain a few emtional moments. This movie is somewhat depressing. It isn't a movie that is light-hearted; grief movies are never light-hearted. It brings fourth such a wonderful story, and I have to say this movie followed the book quite accurate.

Disturbing, but heartfelt story!

This movie was really upsetting to watch, but it was very good. A Monster Calls has some valuable lessons, including: humans are complicated, there isn't always a good or bad character, be brave, tell the truth and letting go may be a good thing. The monster didn't personally disturb me, but it is possible for younger kids to be afraid. It has a few uses of some mild language, but it isn't really much. Overall, I would recommend this film to anyone 11 and up.

Good + Sad

A MONSTER CALLS is a sad movie that contains mild foul language and there is lots of positive messages. The main thing parents will need to know about is the themes of anger and sadness as well as destruction and bullying.

The most heart touching movie.

The movie made my heart melt at the ending. It was sad to see that the kid would have to lose her mother. This movie is a wonderful example for everyone to show people what it feels like to go through their hard times.

Bit emtional

This is a-bit scary for younger viewers to see. There is some sad moments and language. The movie is kind of good but the book is way better. I think 10 and up could handle this movie. There are some destruction scene throughout the movie. Conor, with out realizing, destroyed his grandma's family room. Some reckless scene is seen throughout Conor and the Monster but it is mild/briefly seen. Sad moments between Con and his mother. A mild murder is seen between a prince and his wife. A mild bloody image is seen in the first story. An evil witch and some greediness. A scary nightmare. I think kids 10 and up could handle this movies.

I'm almost 10 and I loved this movie!

i loved this movie! It was a little sad, for the boy's mother had cancer. But other wise it great! The drawing for the stories in it, the plot, and the monster itself was awesome. For kids a little smaller, they might not understand. but its a very sad, happy, thought provoking.

*SPOILERS WARNING* Really sad, has some good but bad moments

This movie is ok. Its fine, like the animation with the monster and the very few jokes in this movie are really funny and the monster animationis really good, along with most of the characters are really likeable Now lets move onto the bad, first off the bully is extremely unlikeable and seeing the kid beating up the bully was so satisfying. The mum/mom scenes were incredibly sad especially the ending Dear god the ending! Overall its a pretty decent movie, not the best and not the worst i would say its worth a couple of views