Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 parent reviews

Sort by:

WATCH NOW!

Short summary: When a grade school student with impaired hearing (Shoko Nishimiya) is bullied mercilessly, she transfers to another school. Years later, one of her former tormentors ( Shoya Ishida) sets out to make amends. Language: Zero language other than some words that don’t even count, fine for anyone older than 10. Violence/blood: There is one scene where Shoya rips out Shokos’ hearing aids very hard, and there is one drop of blood. For violence, it is only in a few scenes, and there is no blood. However a main character does try to commit suicide, but nobody dies. Other inappropriate things: One girl does make a pretty weird, gross (and I admit, kind of inappropriate) comment but it isn’t really important and very short. They do wear pretty short skirts, but that’s to be expected as it is anime. If your kid can handle some of these topics (suicide, death, injury, anxiety) then it is a great movie. Okay, I obviously love anime so just want to say, the animation and art is very good, and the music is pretty, all the characters are very well designed, and the story is great (though a bit confusing) . I hope this review helps!

3 people found this helpful.

At least 12+

This film is beautiful and a defiantly think it’s ok to watch after the age of at least 12, It contains some depressing moments which are sometimes intense and could make you cry. Someone in this film tries to commit suicide, which I think you children need to be pretty mature to watch. Over all I think it is a very good film and I hope this helps you.

2 people found this helpful.

1 person found this helpful.

Beautifully Bittersweet

no words can give this movie justice. shows how animation is not a genre, but a medium that can deliver powerful and poignant stories. A Silent Voice is an emotional rollercoaster; you gotta go through truly devastating moments in order to be rewarded with charming slice-of-life. there’s a lot of discussion of depression and suicide, and it can be upsetting. i do have a few nitpicks, but this is near-perfect. i probably wouldn’t show this to young kids, as it would probably go over their heads. you really need to have a larger comprehension of our world as there’s a lot of nuance and depth in these characters, especially the main duo. a must-watch for any animation fan (forgot to mention that the visuals are absolutely stunning) 9.5/10

Perfect. No other way to put it.

Honestly. There is no other way to put it. I'm too lazy to put my thoughts into words, but @IAmMrMuffinMan summed it up perfectly. Go read his review on the kids reviews section.