Kid reviews for A Star Is Born

Cooper, Lady Gaga shine in tragic story of love, addiction.

Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2018

Amazing, tragic love story.

Despite what the age says, I am 12, and I have some anxiety, so I´m not a 12 year old that usually watches scary movies. I thought the addictions hit a little close to home, though I would DEFINITELY watch it again.
Be prepared to have your heart broken, then made again, then broken in this amazing, tragic love story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhannahlindsay13 October 5, 2018

So good!

It was so good! A must see!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMatureFungus October 8, 2018

Full of sex and swearing

More swearing then deadpool 2.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjuliaoakland March 3, 2019

For mature teens and adults.

My mom let me watch this movie with her, and as a mature 13 year old, I could handle it. The strong language isn’t anything I haven’t heard before, but the drug/alcohol use and mental health could be very sensitive to anyone. If you are a teen, like myself, please watch with a trusted parent or adult and get their permission to see if you can handle it. Parents, please watch this movie before showing it to your kids to see if they can handle it.

Written byAnonymous October 10, 2018

Phenomenal Film Deals With Mature Topics, May Have Problematic Message

I absolutely believe this is one of the best films of the year. The performances are the best I've seen this year, the direction is confident and the story is beautiful and moving. It centers around alcoholism and addiction, so expect lots of that. It has some moderate sexuality and plenty of strong language, but the main issue would have to be the ending. It's a fantastic ending, but the message it delivers is challenging.
SPOILERS!!!

In the end of the film, Jackson (the protagonist) hangs himself, hoping he will be able to allow his wife Ally to pursue his career and not drag her down. It's almost romanticized, making it seem like a realistic and perhaps a good choice. It's a mature topic but it doesn't detract from the second best film of the year in any way.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud October 7, 2018

Just your average love story with a tragic twist.

A Star is Born is a great movie but it is very heartbreaking. It is entertaining but predictable in the beginning. However, it concludes with something very unexpected. I think that this should be for 17 and up because there are many uses of f--k, brief nudity and tons of drinking. Do recommend if you are emotionally strong.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytapdancingpig October 5, 2018

Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2020

I liked this quite a lot!

*This review may contain inappropriate subjects*

I think that this movie is quite good!

It helps you realise that people may have problems on the inside that are not obvious on the outside and that life might be rougher than you thought.

The one thing that bothers me is that there are a few conspicuous occurrences where Jack drinks and snorts cocaine. I felt quite uncomfortable watching these parts of the movie .

There is quite a lot of swearing and cussing, but I think that it's appropriate for the age rating of this movie.

There is some sex and Ally's body can be seen naked for a split second, but it can be quite hard to catch if you don't know it.

Prepare for tons of tears at the end because something quite upsetting and shocking happens...

Overall, I would definitely recommend this film to teens 16 and up, but unless you know about these topics and are not disturbed by them, definitely don't watch if under 16.

Teen, 13 years old Written byxlilyyy123 May 19, 2020

amazing film!

i watched this film at 13 years old, i loved it! it has a LOT of swearing probably over 100 f words. a mature 13 year old could definitely watch this film!

Teen, 17 years old Written byJyjgfcjjgfdjyfdjydt April 18, 2020

Awesome movie with great music

Great movie. I think most 10 year olds would be good to watch it depending on their maturity level

Teen, 17 years old Written byOddball20 December 20, 2019

Boring

This movie was boring in my opinion. I do not like romantic movies.
Several sex scenes

Frequent kissing. Several sex scenes of varying degrees of intimacy that include shots of bare backs, sides of breasts, etc. Characters are seen in the tub alone and together; there's a quick, nonsexual glimpse of a naked woman's body getting out of a bath. Partial glimpse of a man's buttock as he receives an injection. A drag queen reveals her fake breasts for Jackson to autograph

Frequent (more than 100 uses) of strong language, including "f--k," "f---ing," "s--t," and, to a lesser degree, "a--hole," "ass," "t-ts," "t-tties," "bitch," "oh my God," etc.

A main character abuses and alcohol, drugs. He drinks to excess, sometimes straight from bottle, also takes prescription and illegal drugs, snorting and injecting them. Other adults drink, too -- at bars, parties, behind the scenes at concerts, at home. A character is visibly stoned/drunk in several scenes, even becoming incontinent/incoherent at times. Part of the movie takes place in residential rehab. Characters smoke cigarettes and marijuana. Both main characters recall their fathers' drinking.

A character punches people a couple of times. One scene in which an addict acts erratically/in a disturbing manner in public. Recollections of an abusive father. [Spoiler alert!] A character recalls a failed suicide attempt, later dies by suicide.

Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomr December 4, 2019

really cute but sad

this movie was really good but extremely depressing. I wish i watched this at an older age. you should watch this though. It has a lot of swearing (like A LOT) and some naked scenes. You see Lady Gaga naked 2 times.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMemes101 September 28, 2019

Sad

Great movie. Boring at times but good in general. Very sad and brief nudity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRyanhs007 September 14, 2019

Top 10 favorites

A lot of swearing p, but shows amazing characters that you can relate with.

Teen, 13 years old Written byridonculousdonkeyy August 26, 2019

Enjoyable for 15+

I am only 13 years old and I could handle this movie, potentially other mature young teens could also handle this movie but accompanied by a trusted adult or family member. Overall, an amazing enjoyable movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHello my men August 24, 2019

Great movie and quite romantic

I thought that it was a great movie and very enjoyable some sense have nudity and swearing but I wouldn’t say it is that bad

Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2019

sex, swearing, durgs, but a great life message

there is a lot of swearing and drug addictions, there is also a lot of sex scenes and 1 or 2 nude scenes. at the end someone commits suicide, so not the best for young kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byia3 August 14, 2019

Amazing movie with great morals yet mature themes

Probably one of the most well made movies I have ever seen. Mature yet important to be watched

Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguilpal August 10, 2019

Rubbish!!!

I thought that this movie was so boring and I was barely bothered to finish it it was so bad. The song is the only good part but you can just listen to that on Spotify

Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2019

Boring!

Boring film goes on forever. Ally starts off ok but ends up being stupid. Jackson is an addict and a bad role model. Managers encourage Ally to change her personality and looks. Unnecessary swearing and multiple sex scenes. Just don’t bother watching this film.