Kid reviews for A Trip to Unicorn Island

Earnest docu about sunny YouTuber's world tour.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byFOB_lover02 March 31, 2016

SO INSPIRING!

Instead of looking at the bad side of a movie, parents must first look at the good side of the movie. It's really disappointing that parents pointed out all the drinking, bad language and all in this movie. This is movie is so very inspiring. This is not only Lilly's story but also so many other people who suffered from depression. When I first watched this movie I cried. I started loving myself more. If you're an adult reading this, I highly recommend you watch the movie with your kids. I would give it. 5 stars for good message. 1 stars for bad language and other bad stuff. I loved this is movie very much. If you're like 4-8 years old, some of you may not understand. But I say this movie is 9+

Teen, 13 years old Written bybreakfastatchanel October 22, 2016

Inspirational

Lilly Singh is a YouTuber, who has a fan base of over 9 million people. In real life she doesn't swear except for "damn" and "eff". She has a message in the movie that inspires millions of people around the world. CommonSenseMedia switched her entire message making it sound like she's telling kids to have depression as it will make you a better person. Everyone has there own revelation, hers was depression. There is the one using of the f word but it is bleeped out. I believe this is amazing for all ages. It's basically a reimagining of her tour. Also she was not bragging in anyway she's just saying what she never thought would happen, if she hadn't decided to change her life for good. This is from a Unicorn(her fan base) so judge me if you chose. x

Teen, 14 years old Written byalexaklapp January 2, 2017

Love it

I cannot believe parents rate this so poorly. This is such an inspiring story about how a girl over came depression, became an internet star, and how she toured the world and inspired others. She doesn't swear, if she says "F" she means it a in a made up word "Eff" not as in the substitute for the curse word. Of course in a few scenes there is alcohol, because she is 26/7 in this film and is able to drink. And as a comedian she will make a few sex related jokes, but those are so small in comparison to the amazing things she has done. Lilly is such a great role model for anyone, especially teen girls. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a positive message or influence.