Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Abominable

Funny, heartwarming adventure has some peril, scares.

Adult Written byRegularDaddy October 13, 2019

Heartwarming fun

My seven year old loved it. Positive messages about family, friendship, and the environment. My son was a bit sad at the way the people hunting the Yeti were so mean, and we discussed that afterward. Nothing too scary, but it tugged at his (and my) heartstrings. I thought it was a sweet movie that will entertain kids and had a nice message.

Parent of a 9, 10, and 13 year old Written byck1faith October 12, 2019
Parent of a 2, 5, and 8 year old Written byAmber Marnell-J... October 11, 2019

The best kids movie I've seen all year.

This movie is visually stunning, hilarious and heartwarming at the same time. I was driven to tears in this best way. I went with a almost 9 year old girl, an almost 5.5 year old boy, and 2 year old boy and all I heard besides the movie was laughs from them. My girl Giana was fine, but (Spoilers?) We had to discuss the flare guns with our almost 5.5 year old, Dash. Dash didn't realize that the characters were asleep, not kaput. The animation and music is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking, and likeable characters. My children, Beckett, Dash and Giana and I all fell in love with Everest. Great movie and the best kids movie I've seen all year (I've seen all of them) but parents with sensitive kids be careful taking them.

Parent Written byTeamTomich4 October 10, 2019

Adorable and suspenseful.

Took my 8 y/o and 5.5 y/o boys to see this and we all really enjoyed it. Beautiful music and animation. Highly recommend!

Parent of a 4, 7, and 8 year old Written byjin80 October 8, 2019

4 yo boy loved it!

My 4 year old who is usually quite skiddish loved this movie! As Asian Americans we also loved that it had characters that represented a diverse screen. It emphasized compassion and helping others and that sometimes you have to find your way. Positive message.

Adult Written byMovieholicmom October 1, 2019

Funny, sweet and heart warming

Nice family movie. Went with two four year olds and two six year olds. Throughout the movie all I heard was laughs from them. They fell in love with Everest. I loved how they incorporated the culture and beautiful landscapes. Great message: Never give up.

Adult Written byShannonP127 September 29, 2019

Adorable

Great family movie. My 5 and 7 year old loved it!
Parent Written byY C September 28, 2019

I love this movie.

This is a visually stunning and heartwarming movie. I was moved to tears in the best way. I think the Common Sense Media review really touched on all the things to look out for. (Spoilers?) We had to discuss the tranquilizer guns with our 6 year old. She didn't understand that the characters were asleep and not kaput. This movie does a wonderful job telling a story based on redefining/reconnecting with family after losing a loved one. I love that the movie is set in China and the music was breathtaking. I enjoyed it as an adult and look forward to watching it again. This is the best kid's movie I've seen all year, and I've seen all of them.