Parent reviews for Abominable

Abominable Poster Image

Great messages!

With a parent watching alongside, I think this movie is appropriate for 3+. There are some great messages, and it’s easy to talk your kid through the few intense parts. The movie was really great, I will watch it again for sure.

Imaginative, Creative, Appropriate, Entertaining, Great, Fun, Enjoyable.........

This is a movie that engages your brain to entertain. Yes, there is a message of love, finding yourself, acceptance......yadda yadda yadda but this movie is ENTERTAINING! THIS movie is gorgeous. This movie has a defined plot and story that do not go on and on and on and on into eternity. The characters are pretty well defined and developed (it's a kid's movie to be fair). It shows that if they want, they can create a movie like the old days without politics, without innuendo of current issues. It's a story about a girl who helps a Yeti and figures out some things about herself and her friends who go with her. It is so nice and so good.

Sorat nice, but didn't catch our 5yo's interest.. and barely mine.

Nice story, nice that it's set in China, makes a change. Some cool little cultural bits like the pork rolls, the wok, the steamer, Buddha, the Koi.. but it didn't really grab us in any other way. Nice for a Friday night witha goal (in our case Chinese New Year with a 5yo, but unlikely to watch it again.

Such an Amazing Film!

I loved Abominable because it was so cute and that made me want it for my birthday last year, and the holiday season. I think this movie is for kids ages 6 and older because of the chase scenes I read about and the death of a parent.

Best film in the world

It’s good

Really loves it

This was so sweet. The music was wonderful. There is Chinese culture but I did feel it was white-washed. It definitely made us want to take a tour of China. Highly recommend for white families that have not been exposed to Asia.

Great choice for families

It has some suspense and the baby abominable gets hit by a car and walks away with minor injuries (may give younger kids unsafe ideals) but it has some really good messages about families of choice and sticking together.