Kid reviews for About Last Night

Sexy, funny adult romcom gives insight on love, friends.

Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah February 21, 2014

It's not terrible, but it doesn't deserve the good reviews that it's getting.

I probably wouldn't have seen this if it weren't for the reviews, but after seeing this, I'm kind of shocked that this is certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm not saying it was terrible, because it was fine, it's just that not much makes this stand out from other romantic comedies aside from the actors being pleasing to watch and a few guffaws. After a really really messy and borderline dismal first 15 minutes, this takes a random shift into well-written humor that is legitimately funny, however, it tries too hard to be raunchy and it completely fails on that level. It's like they felt so liberated that this is an R-rated rom-com so they just went all out at certain parts, and it totally fell on its face at all of those parts. If you're going to make sex jokes, make them really work like in Bridesmaids or This Is the End. The several dick jokes are just stupid and literally remove all wit that is set up by previous scenes, and if this wasn't written by a woman, I would kind of find it to be misogynistic at times. It also feels too long, and it's only 100 minutes. The middle 60 minutes work, and the test just feels like various parts of fluff. This is way better than I thought it would be, but I'm also shocked that this currently has a 76% on Rotten Tomatoes because they really could have edited the script and cut down on the raunch, and maybe they could have created a less traditional and predictable ending. 6.6/10, okay, one thumb barely up, average, etc.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew August 8, 2015