Kid reviews for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Ridiculous, bloody blending of history and violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGirlyGirlwithDocs October 12, 2013

Thoughts on Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter [Caution: Spoilers!]

I watched this movie a year ago in theaters with my dad, and loved it. Since then I have watched the movie twice. I still want to get it on DVD, but just haven't yet. Abraham Lincoln is given a new light as a new twist is given to one of America's greatest presidents. He hunts vampires. At first, this starts for revenge on his mother but then goes much deeper as he discovers a passion for justice and a war against evil. Everything in this movie fits so intricately into history, down to the silver used to kill the vampires and why Lincoln wanted so much of it. The violence can get pretty gorey and intense. It also is really suspenseful and has jarring twists and turns that play well into the plot. Towards the beginning of the movie, Lincoln shoots one enemy vampire in his eye. Along with the violence and action, this movie does have quite a few emotional scenes. Mainly for Henery, Lincoln's right hand man. Oh, I loved Dominic Cooper in this movie so much! The man was played perfectly, and the audience will experience true heartbreak as his love is killed before his eyes. Lincoln and Henry work so well together. Another eerie but fantastic scene that is a real tear-jerker is when one of the enemy vampire's kill Lincoln's son. This movie had almost as much emotional impact as it did with heart-pounding horrors and jaw-dropping action scenes. If you can handle legit (and mainly) CGI violence along with the little but not-really there sex scene then you should watch this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

Abe vs vamps!

Pretty good! I enjoyed this movie. There is some violence with people getting bit(usually with some blood). When people kill vampires, there is usually comic style blood. A dead women is seen naked, and a man is seen having sex in a tub with no nudity. There is one f word and a couple son of a bit-ches. It could be scary for littler kids, but I bet kids under 11 could handle it.

Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2012

WARNING, DONT WATCH!!!!

too bloddy,violent,and inapropreate. this shows the dark and evil side of one of our most kindest and friendlyest persident! i dont reccomend this for thoose under 18. this is more bloddy and violent then the walking dead seires. if you show a younger kids, they will have nightmares for weeks to come.

Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2012

Awesome movie and book

I would love to see the movie I'm reading the book and so far one mention about sexuality, they said A*$hole,Sh*t, and one middle finger so far , their is a lot of blood and violence. This movie is rated R for violence throughout and brief sexuality

Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2013

Fantastic

My brother picked me up from school and he had it on DVD and we watched it I thought it was amazing the blood was realistic and one scene of nudity and one use of f---

Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 16, 2012

Vampire movie like this need to be rated as good

I like this movie, it's awesome!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 8, 2012

Abe Lincoln: Vampire Slayer (2012)

Very underwhelming thriller is mediocre and boring at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byconcernedteen123 July 4, 2012

Enter With LOW Expectations... Just Enjoy

This was better than I expected. Go in with low expectations. You will like it more. Abe Lincoln is a role model because of his hunger and passion for vengeance. However, there is a bunch of 300 like violence in 3D, a topless dead woman, a brief, loud sex scene-nothing shown-and drinking.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBetsey J. June 21, 2012

Violence

It was way too violent. I went to see it with a few friends. We walked out 15 minutes into the movie. The raters got a little sloppy it should have definitely been rated R. In one scene there are dead bodies hanging from the celling, bloody with their eyes poked out. I am encouraging you not to see it. It seemed like a movie good for men the ages of 17-45. Hope this helps

Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2014

Great movie, but tons of violence

The storyline in this movie was awesome. I loved the historical elements weaves into it as well. The only downside was the violence every five seconds. When someone asks me what me favorite movie is, I want to say this movie but I can't because I only saw half;the other half of the movie I was looking the other way. There's some brief nudity but I don't remember anything else iffy. Bottom line? Best movie ever? Probably. Goriest movie ever? Also probably.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymissmegzy100 August 12, 2013

very good movie but very unreal!

i like a bit of blood and guts but some fighting scenes where quite unreal like one scene contains randomly a pack of wild horses coming and abe and a vampire throwing horses at each other. Anyway this movie has quite a bit of sex in it such as two people having sex in the bath and a man abusing a prostitute down an alley way. Also contains come drinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylord karnage May 14, 2013

abraham lincoln vampire hunter

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 26, 2012

President By Day. Hunter By Night.

Oh so very disappointing. The book I would give a 3/5 and it was pretty good. I liked it. But the adaption is terrible. Seth Grahame-Smith ruins his own characters with the script! He makes all of his characters a bit more stupid in the film than in the book. Also, the pacing is awful and the character development suffers from that. Bad direction, writing, but decent acting with some okay special effects, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is mostly a Hollywood fail. Brief nudity, drinking, heavy gore and violence, one f-word and other profanities. D+.

Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

Cheesy scenes + horrible dialouge = bad movie

They had a very good oppurtunity to make the book into a good movie but they blew it. The beginning scenes are very cool, but it has some bloody violence which may scare little kids. After that it gets carried away. They put too much emphasis on the vampires. Most of the killing scenes are cheesy. In one scene a vampire throws a horse at a man. I expect to see this film at the 2013 razzies along with thats my boy and battleship.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

It's ok too violent

Only Problem is the violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 4, 2012

epic take on equally epic novel has lots of gore and violence

this is a very well made, exciting, and at sometimes campy adventure. but note that there is lots violence ranging from bloody hackings, slashings, shootings, stabbings, explosions, gunfights, decapitation, and a harrowing train crash sequence. there is some sex, including a short, non-graphic scene of a couple having sex. mixed in with that, is some strong language, including one f*** and a few s***

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 June 26, 2012

Okay Okay Give It A Chance...

Violence, bare chest exposure, sexual situations, foul language! You can take a 13 year old to go with an adult, but if 14 or 15 they can go with a group of friends!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytoxicmotherbomber June 22, 2012

good for 12 and older.

some swearing not that bad same with sexual content . and oveously violence only one really gory scene where a guy gets shot in the eye with a bullet. not even scary i thinks for parents its okay your son or daughter if they're 12 or older.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBudwoofzdt July 27, 2018
This is a really good movie, it has a good plot line which is not like every other Hollywood movie! It is interesting and full of lots of historical references (for example Speed was one of the real Abrahams friends and) This is NOT a comedy and warning it does contain violence, i would suggest watching this movie if you enjoy history or very interesting twisting plots! This movie is really well thought out but to get everything in it is longer then an average movie. I would recommend this for teens and adults but it is not for young children! This is really worth a watch!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLauren Fournier August 7, 2016

Not as bad as it may sound

" The topless girl" is only shown collarbone and up. Then the whole bathtub scene is just a lady's back and a guys shoulders, there is a lot of blood and it is somewhat gory but is pretty good. Language is not moderate and very muffled. Meaning it is hard to hear.