All parent member reviews for Adventureland

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010

I love indie movies, but this one left a bad taste in my mouth. The content on all levels would be inappropriate for all but the oldest teens.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 27, 2015

Adventure land Review..

I personally enjoyed watching this film. On the other hand, The film didn't have too much in mature content besides Language, Drugs, and it did have only a little bit of sexual content.. Other than that, It really didn't show any nudity.. Otherwise, a great film for older teenagers and adults..
Adult Written bywonder dove November 15, 2013

Fun summer film for older teens!

Advenureland was very enjoyable for an 80's teen-themed comedy. What bothered me most was Kristen Stewart who always seems too uncomfortable - I don't usually watch movies with her in it however, I do like her as a person. Jesse Eisenberg was great playing a college graduate who had his his heart set on backpacking through Europe, but when his parents have a career set-back, his plans are ruined and he must get a summer job to pay his expenses. He becomes an employee at the Adventureland amusement park when he thinks it's the worst job ever. There, he meets Em (Kristen Stewart) and quickly becomes attracted to her while she's "secretly" seeing someone else. Then we meet quirky Lisa (Margarita Levieva) a beautiful employee that many men swoon over, who later falls for Jesse. He finally realizes it's been the best summer ever and the perfect "lesson" to prepare him for what's to come. Language is super strong and contains many f-words in various forms (over 50!), sh*t, b*tch, hell, p*ssy, @ss, lots of crude religious terms involving God, Godd@mn, Jesus and more. Violence has yelling, smacking, chasing with a baseball bat, a knife is shown, a guys kicks another guy in the crotch more than once, talk about cat abuse at one point. Sexual content has no actual sex/nudity but lots of references, remarks, lots of talk about being a virgin, a guy is uncomfortable about being a virgin, kissing, flirting, implied cheating, swimming in underwear, removal of clothing (nothing shown). Smoking and drug use (pot) used often, plenty of drinking. Not appropriate for viewers under 16!
Adult Written by08MyWorld19 September 20, 2010

Teens

I think Adventureland was a very interesting movie to watch. I enjoyed it.
Adult Written byTy3401 November 14, 2009

What just happened?

I thought this was going to be a really good movie, then I started watching it... the movie really had not plot, it was very slow, and there was some really awkward parts. This movie had way too much weed smoking and drinking... there was no suspense and the movie was obvious and predictable. There were at most maybe 4 funny parts. If you can rent it for a dollar and don't have anything else to do... go for it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymoveluver101 September 7, 2009

I think it is a funny movie and it is also good but it does have heavy drug use and have sex alot but it's only implied not shown (shown naked makeing out but can't see anything) at end of movie
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byjrenee56 August 29, 2009

Adventureland - in more ways than one

This movie provides a slice of life, vintage summer of 1987 Pittsburgh, pre-college grads and similar age group - their common ground is working at Adventureland. While some of the characters already know each other, the story allows new relationships to develop along the way. Instead of keeping the viewer at arm's length, the movie shares with you the emotional changes and lessons learned by the main characters from all the interactions and motives behind them. I think the story is representative and realistic for the time, location and people in this socio-economic group. I loved the amusement park scenery and the music was a bonus. This story can't really be told without those elements that gave it an "R" rating.
Adult Written bygiulianalydia April 27, 2009

Adult Written bylanibeth April 14, 2009

The fact that one of the most popular teen actresses is in this kind of movie may attract a younger audiences of her fans. The movie plot seems ridiculous and mindless and overall demoralizing to young people who choose not to whore themselves around at a young age. I wouldn't even recommend it for a 15 year old, and there is a reason it's rated R, people. 15 and up? If I'm not mistaken the MPAA states 17 and up for R rated movies. Parents shouldn't have to feel like they can expose their teenagers to crap like this. If you're looking for a raunchy, brainless, indignant form of entertainment (and I use the word 'entertainment' loosely), I suppose this is the movie for you.
Adult Written bystephengladstone3 April 13, 2009

This is a great movie, but very bad language and lots of drug use.