All teen and kid member reviews for Adventureland

Teen, 14 years old Written bycrushcrush149 February 18, 2010
I absolutely loved this movie. Sure, there's some drugs and sex but it's an indie 80's flick so you gotta expect it and not let your kids watch it if you don't approve. Personally, I thought it was funny, quirky, cute, all the characters were very well rounded. It made for a good time. It isn't the type of movie that I could watch over and over and over again until the end of time but I really did like it. Yes, there is bad language, they do smoke pot, they do drink (but they're not underage so where's the harm?) and they do have sex. It's not graphic, all you really get are references. I would recommend it to anyone really, unless you're just really strict with what your kids watch.
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2009

APPROPRIATE!

SOO APPROPRIATE!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPaigey29 November 12, 2009
I actually thought Adventureland was a very good movie with a happy ending. Im fourteen and my only concerns for the movie was the alchohol consumption of underage drinkers,the many occasions where the workers were either doing weed or pot and getting extremely high,the language is very foul but isnt very constant,and the sexual behavior is a little inappropriate using many refrences to sex. But overall i thought that the message was okay although two of the main characters cheat on eachother and one is involved with a married man. I saw that Adventureland is age appropriate for teens fourteen and older.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2009
it contains everything even f***
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2009

Modern teens and children of the '80's will find a lot to think about, just don't expect Superbad

Despite exactly knowing the ending from the start, it's precise, careful scripting and mature, complex characters are what make this romantic dramedy a gem. It may not be Citizen Kane, but it will provide both modern teens and people who grew up in the '80's a lot of food for thought, particularly in relating to living inside of and making the best of a majorly materialistic society. The heavy theme of prolonged adolesence is satirized, but not glorified. This theme is present throughout, and it means there's quite a bit of strong profanity, but not much as you're used to in the mainstream R-rated film. Several characters smoke joints, both in party scenes and while at the park. Marijuana-laced cookies are consumed while the workers are on duty and their intoxication is visible. Many of them also drink to excess, and the main character's father is a closet alcoholic. Sex is not referred to in a raunchy way, but is still discussed a few times, plus it's implied that the park mechanic(who's married) is having an affair with a young game-operator who the lead character happens to be attracted to. The actual act is kept pretty restrained in terms of on-screen depiction. Characters are seen kissing, plus an affair is implied, but there is no nudity or clear on-screen depiction of intercourse. Adventureland warrants it's R-rating, but those prepared will find a charming and resonant film that you'll definitely wanna revisit.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 September 13, 2010
I really loved this movie a lot! I thought that the story line was definitely very well done. There is definitely a lot of drinking, smoking, and language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter December 7, 2009

Quirky

Pretty funny movie... It was really quirky; not your usual romcom. Parents need to realize that a lot of pot is smoked in a casual way. The drinking isn't really inappropriate because the characters are over 21. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was fun while it lasted.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrook9 June 20, 2016

Great summer movie

I really loved the story. Character development was good and there were alot of relatable moments for teens. There was some sexual content including an affair with a younger girl. Smoking and drugs were pretty frequent but if ur kids know about drugs and how they are bad and illegal then that shouldn't be an issue. I think this is a good movie for sleepovers with friends
Teen, 15 years old Written byurlla October 18, 2014

OK

the movie had some swearing-F-bombs and s**t mostly, it had very few sex scenes although there was some, the biggest issues would have been drinking i suppose (although it wasn't that bad) and Pot smoking (which was very prominent throughout). The actual story was underwhelming and rather boring, it was nothing new. Most certainly nit a funny movie, more of Drama
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 June 28, 2013

Adventureland is a Good Movie to Watch

Adventureland is funny, well acted, and well written. I enjoyed watching it and later on I'll watch it again. It is very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster February 17, 2013

awesome for teens

one of the best teens movies there is it's not brutale only drugs and a little mild sex but you don't see anything at all
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabelle F. July 15, 2012

Fun 80's set movie, with great actors and a funny story. A bit of things that are a little inappropriate for younger kids, but they are masqueraded so that younger viewers may not understand. Drug use.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVoldemortkillsS... August 7, 2010
This movie is really good. There's just a lot of swearing and drug content, but the plot was cute. The characters are well developed.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

adventureland

one of my favorite movies!!!!! I LOVED THIS!!!!!! kstew is in it!!!!! yay!!!!!! lol oh, a lot of cussing by the way!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2010

Adventureland

Rated R For Language,Drug Use And Sexual References
Teen, 16 years old Written byswtchft123 January 11, 2010

Okay for 16+

I liked this movie but it is a little weird.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 December 28, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byBooks For The Better September 7, 2009

Perfect for older teens but not kids.

Loved it i some might be a bit disapointed, while it is a comedy it is also a love story in decise. I enjoyed this and thought it would be a good movie for thouse who know NOT to go and follow what these actors do in the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywrite-on-me August 15, 2009

Amazing moviee and LOVE Jesse Einsberg =)

whoa! this was an AMAZING moviee hahaha. It is not inappropriate at all. they dont show anything except for a bit of kissing. but like whats the big deal? everyone kisses =P hahha anyways this was an amazing movie and Jesse Einsberg was adorable in this movie!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn August 1, 2009
This movie was really, really good. I decided to watch it because of Kristen Stewart, who I love. I was expecting a mildly funny, if slightly stupid, comedy. This movie is so much more than I expected. It was quite funny, and actually had some depth. I recommend it.