Kid reviews for After Earth

Exciting sci-fi action and warm father-son bonding.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 30, 2013

12+!

Love it. A lit a bit a language, d-mn and one more .some drinking ,cyber almost takes pain killers that would drowsy. Entirely giving his broken legs hope of rescue, but decides against it.there are some sequences of blood and gore, as when cypher must operate on his own leg Kai tai sees some baby eggs that he was not able to save.12+!

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

9 OR 8 AND UP

this is for 9 and up or 8 if your child does not like scary pop ups or teens getting hurt and death and this movie is very good with a good message about family

Teen, 13 years old Written bystephcurr123 July 14, 2017

Good movie with some action and moments that might scare children

After Earth is a good movie with some nice messages, role models, violence, and moments that might scare children. Their is a lot of father-son conflict that changes to bonding. It has some heartwarming moments. Their is a scene where a teenage girl fights an alien to save her baby brother. The alien then kills her onscreen, no blood is shown. Before dieing, she cries to her father for help. It is a very intense and sad scene. Their is a small junoscare in a dream scene, in which the girl talks to the brighter grown up. Suddenly, her face has some blood on it and it is disturbing. Very mild action. Their is a plane crash scene in which a boy sees his father get hurt. It is implied the father broke some bones. Slowly, the father is shown getting sick and, at the end of the movie, goes to the hospital. It deals with intense subjects like rivalry between family and the fall of planet Earth. The final battle is intense seeing a young boy fighting against a huge monster. He has to feel no fear in order to defeat the monster. At the end, he kills the monster. The monster may scare people. The movie has little-to-no language. The special effects and locations in the movie are beautifulOverall, After Earth is an heartwarming average action movie directed by M. Night Shymalan that is okay for kids because of mild action, language, and horror.

Teen, 15 years old Written byheyzoos February 11, 2016

will smith is the writer

plot holes....will smith is bad at writing a complete story with things to drive the plot. As far as a coming of age story, it's fine.....just fine.......dont waste ur money just watch a bootleg if u must
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie Watcher 2000 April 6, 2014

After earth, I think is a good film to watch with kids age 8+.

I think it's a great film, Where father and son are in it together, As they are in real life I recommend this movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

AFTER EARTH IS FILM OF THE YEAR SO FAR

a fantastic movie, with tons of action and excitement. My favourite film of the year so far. I really don't think this should of gotten the bad reviews it got, like on Rotten Tomatoes giving it one star. Come on this is quality entertainment. M Night Shaymalan is a fantastic director
Teen, 13 years old Written byTHE TRUTHICATOR January 5, 2017

Complete HORROR!

This is a horrible movie, the plot is terrible: a man and his son are on a plane to an alien infested planet and on the way his father dies. So its his job to stop this madness. Seriously, the aliens are horrifying. Please don't show this to any kids under 14.

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very violent, but great movie is OK for teens.

My rating PG-13 for: intense violence, language, and drug content.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 16, 2013

AWFUL!!! JUST AWFUL!!!!

The thought of a man and his son getting stuck on a quarantined planet that filled with dangerous animals and lethal perils is very, very sick!!!! I don't really think anybody should watch this film!!! Only a fool would make a movie like this!!!

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2016

very good, but...

So, this a very good movie. Great for teens. But, there is a large amount of violence and gore. There are graphic images with people hanging from trees stabbed through the chest. Multiply animal battles, dead piles of ripped apart animal bodies( gore alert!), Will Smith has a large, bloody gash on his leg. There is like NO language at all, though. SHOULD DEFINANTLY SEE ONCE YOU ARE OF AGE! Usguys out.

Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2013

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS DUMB MOVIE.

THIS IS DUMB.It's is boring,but the special effects were good.It's violent,including blood a bloody artieral bypass and more.

Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Great movie for 12 and up

After Earth is a great movie for 12 and up. There are scary, gory and bloody scenes, but it has a good message. It is an action packed, intense movie that some kids under 12 would be scared of possibly. There is mild language, but it is not something to worry about. I definitely recommend the movie After Earth for at least 12 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 5, 2016

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE HATE THIS MOVIE????!!!!

Ok this is a really good movie, it has very little negative content and I'd even go so far as to say its family friendly. If you kids have seen any marvel movies than this is ok. I like this movie alot and its definitely worth watching
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb223 May 13, 2014

Boring Film but exactly what you'd expect from M. Night Shyamalan

Not sure how this could get 3 Stars this should be 2 Stars at Max but even that is too generous.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJavier Noyola February 9, 2014

horrible

made not much sense with barely any fight scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinecraft Lover 2013 November 6, 2013

Exciting, and a good family bonding.

After Earth is an exciting action movie about survival, father and son, and futuristic worlds. I personally really liked it, and it's okay for older kids and teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 June 22, 2013

Bad!

Just terrible. I saw this yesterday and I just couldn't wait to get out of the theater. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

Bada ba ba ba I'm Lovin' It!

LOVIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!! A few parts where it got gory but great message 1 bad word but.... thats good for Will Smith... Recommended for kids 11+

Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

A WILL SMITH FILM

This movie is alright. It is about the future and it just disappointed me. There is some action. You see creepy monsters dead bodies and blood. You also see this extremely creepy part that I was not expecting to see. A girl turns evil while the kid is sleeping and she looks so SCARY. The alien monster can trick humans into having nightmares. There is not really any sex in this movie. You will only find kissing in this movie. The language is not strong at all. You only hear the words shit and hell. There is no drinking drugs or smoking so this movie would be great for children age 11 and up. Be with them because there is some frightening scenes.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

good movie

may be scary for young viewers only issue is violence but good message about fear and a father and son bond remind me a bit of star trek