Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Against the Wild

Unexciting adventure film about lost kids has mild peril.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Parent Written byKristyB 1 May 31, 2015

Amazing movie

One of the best movies I've watched in a while teaches kids how to use there skills that they got thought in boys souts and ect

Parent of a 11 year old Written byMovie_dad November 6, 2015

Good family viewing

The acting is dry for older kids, but fine for younger 8-11 year old children. Many kids in this age range may not pick up on many of the movie goof-ups. It's pretty safe family entertainment for a family movie night when trying to avoid bad language and sexually oriented scenes. For the age range mentioned I believe kids might find the adventure and survival aspect of the film entertaining. It's a good option in this day and age when television is plagued with too much inappropriate viewing material, including racy commercials.

Parent Written byEric D. August 21, 2016

Really?

This movie is horrible. It makes no sense in the lightest. All fake non realistic crap. Do not watch.

Adult Written byavirawenn January 4, 2017

Waste of time

This was a complete waste of time for the people who made this and for the people watching. For an example of this movie imagine young teens using an iphone to record a cheesy dumb movie. -Kid Review (10 years old.)
Adult Written byVaughn B. January 23, 2017

Against The Wild

This movie is actually pretty great. I'm a boy and think the actor for Hannah ( Erin Pitt ) is cute, and the actor for Zach ( CJ Adams ) is very cool. People should know that Hannah has to fight wolves, a bear, and her own mother on some things. The movie is only a little intense, but all families should watch it. The father and mother go through divorce, which is hard for the kids. Both kids are SUPER smart and witty when their plane crashes in the forest when they try to go visit their dad. This my favorite movie of all time, and I hope others enjoy it as much as I do.

Adult Written byCinnamonJoy December 4, 2016

The sequel is exactly the same -- Safe, but very, very blah.

I'm actually not reviewing the first movie, but Against the Wild II: Survive the Serengeti. Based on the descriptions and reviews for the first film, the second one could be word-for-word the same except the names of the kids are different and the setting is the African serengeti. The storyline was boring and implausible, the acting was stiff and stilted, the girl's scar kept switching from her left to right cheek and there were puzzling elements of the plot that seemed to have no point, e.g. why did Chinook disappear on a few occasions to suddenly reappear again just in the nick of time to save the kids from mortal danger?