Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Air Bud

Sweet dog tale has some peril and mature themes.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 6, 2010
The first and best of the series! Super cute family film, the dog who plays Buddy is just adorable. :) There's nothing too scary or too sexual at all, some very mild language. Great plot, fine acting.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 30, 2011

6 and up.

Air Bud is a great family and kids movie with a great positive message about loyalty, integrity, and caring.

Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byzedada March 13, 2010

Fun family movie.

A movie that can appeal to all --- good moral, good plot, lots of action, a beautiful dog, and nothing too scary.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Good

Kids will love this funny animal tale. I watched it with my 5 year old cousin and he loved it, but he also cried at a couple of the sad and scary parts.

Adult Written bydvdgirl March 16, 2018

not bad.

a good movie for the kids. movie says hell but other than that its cute and emotional but loving.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byCubFan November 30, 2008

I cried and laughed!

Air Bud was about friendship between a boy and a dog, and it was a very toughing movie. You will see a clown worker trying to capture this dog, and take it away. When the boy has the dog, he brings him to the grass, throws a ball then runs away. 7+!
Adult Written bybenr1 July 1, 2016

Great movie, more serious than sequels.

They do say hell a lot but other than that it's fine. A coach does beat up a kid with a basketball and it may frighten children because the main character s dad dies. The new basketball coach is a great role model the abusive one was fired.. The villain does drink a beer.

Adult Written bymmooooo January 7, 2019
When I watched this movie, I knew that this movie was perfect for my twins who are about to turn 4, and my son who is 5. It can teach a kid many things, and it is a great movie in general. I think that this is an excellent movie, and you should definitely watch this movie with your family! <3