Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Air Force One

Ford makes farfetched action-hero-prez electable.

Adult Written bygarfield2711 June 11, 2010

One of the best action flicks I've seen!

I really enjoyed this film a lot. It had action, suspense, tense moments. I love it. It has some strong violence( but nothing graphic) and some language issues, but for an R rated movie, neither the language nor violence is over the top. This is probably one of the tamest R's I've seen, but some teens, probably shouldn't see it yet. 15 seems about the right age.

Adult Written byCastellanos June 29, 2009

Soft-R Action Movie that's Worth Watching

Air Force One is a very good movie for the action genre. The acting is well done and the premise holds up and it kept me interested throughout the film. 80's action movie fans will be pleasantly surprised and entertained. Parents should know that Air Force One is a soft-R. The language is that of a strong PG-13 (a couple of s**ts, 1 f**k, and other lesser words) and there is no sex, not even innuendo, in this film. The action is mostly gun violence aboard a plane, with bloody shoot outs, executions, betrayals, and a neck-snapping. The action is some-what strong, but not over-the-top, or extreme. If a parent is concerned about their kid watching this film, I suggest they watch it with them. Both you and your kid will have a fun time.
Adult Written byleonard p. March 22, 2014

Great Movie

It was a great movie. Bloody but not to bloody, there is some swearing but that's not much of a problem, and Harrison Ford's "get off my plane," is classic.

Adult Written byLowe's man January 27, 2017

Perhaps the producers had something in mind.

I'm talking about a President who served in Vietnam (something we haven't had in real life and, unfortunately, probably never will). Harrison Ford, as President James Marshall, gave Hollywood's view of the presidency just what was needed. Marshall is both the nation's hero and a loving husband and father, standing up for the good of our nation, as well as his family. What's more, there is no sex. Even the violence is mild. That's why this movie should've been rated PG-13. Teens will have a greater appreciation for both the military and the presidency after watching this movie.
Adult Written bygrapelover46 September 12, 2012

Show this to your teens.

Adult Written byTyius G. May 4, 2016

Why is it rated R

This film should have been PG-13 but anyways its a good movie

Adult Written byElizabeth Darcy March 20, 2012

Excellent but VERY intense

I watched this movie with my 14-year-old daughter after reading the Common Sense Media review, which says that it's okay for 13 and up. After seeing the movie, I'd say 14 and up is a better rating due to the sheer intensity and terror of the situation it portrays. Overall the CSM review is accurate, but there is one omission: In the language section they didn't mention the countless uses of GD. There were so many uses of it that I was almost ready to turn the movie off. The only reason why I didn't was that the language is slightly excusable considering the intense situation the characters are in. Overall, very good movie, excellent role models (especially Ford's character: the stalwart president and devoted dad), and no sexual content whatsoever (aside from a perfectly chaste husband-and-wife kiss).

Adult Written byJerry S. January 24, 2018

Totally a PG-13 level movie
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

It's a good war related movie; and also bloody.

The movie has lots of violent killings.

Adult Written bypepsifan32532 July 14, 2012

There is a reason it is rated R.

NOT FOR 13 YEAR OLDS!

Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

Great for 16+

The movie has lots of bloody shootouts and terroism. It also says f--k twice, along with b---h, s--t, a--hole, ba---rd, and d--k. Drinking also is an issue.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 6, 2010
Good movie about a plane hijacking. Older teens will enjoy the suspense.
Adult Written bybug April 9, 2008

HECKA GOOD!!!

Great movie! The R rating is pretty much for the violence. The violence is pretty iffy for a R movie. A little more and it probaly would've been rated NC-17. Language is quite mild. Couple uses of s--t, one use of f--k, and son of a b---h. Go besides that and it's a great movie.