Kid reviews for Air Force One

Ford makes farfetched action-hero-prez electable.

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 18, 2009

extremely suspenseful; great movie

awesome movie! Very violent. A little scary too. violence and language is the only thing to watch out for.

Teen, 17 years old Written byrafaelg1991 July 3, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

i love this movie but this movie contains things that kids or some adolescents should not see especially the violence and some bad words like they say the f word 2 times (gary oldman) when he says "get the f**k in the air" and "stop with your f***kin lies" (to harrison ford)

Teen, 15 years old Written byArcticLava21 March 24, 2016

Harrison Ford, Need I Say More?

Parents note: this is a constant thriller that may be too intense for young (and older) kids. But then again, it really depends on the maturity of the child. When president James Marshall (Harrison Ford) boards his private jet, he and the other passengers had no idea what they were getting into. Among those passengers are his brave, 12 year old daughter, Alice, and his wife. Suddenly, an assault begins. People who work for a nazi-like hitler organization hijack the jet. Several people are murdered in the initial attack. The president doesn't want to leave his family behind after he is in the escape pod. Knowing that he is a good fighter, he stays on the plane, despite the secret service's begging. After things settle down, the people are trapped in a room with constant worry and harassment. Meanwhile, Harrison Ford is desperately trying to recover the plane and save the innocent people. There is death after death after death, so many people die! About 16 (i dunno) survive. There is some intense scenes that may really scare. Harrison Ford is portrayed as a loving, brave, dad. Some of the graphics are unrealistic, there are slow bullets, and some weird decisions, but overall this movie is worth seeing. I have a spoiler below, look at your own risk. The family (the young girl and mom) both survive. I thought this was worth including, since they are both very brave. And God, it'd be sad to see them die. Poor Harrison Ford.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2015

How is this Rated R!

This is a good movie I could have rated it 4 stars if the action didn't take place only in the plane. I can't believe this is Rated R. World War Z is PG-13 and is way worse than this. Deserves a PG-13 Rating. The movie has swearing and lots of gun violence in a plane. If I Rated this movie I would rate it PG-13.

Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2015

Excellent movie !!

Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 11, 2016
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe May 26, 2013

President of the USA defending his own plane - awesome

This is the first full length R-rated movie I've seen my whole life. Really good and I think this movie made me ready for R-rated movies. This is an amazing breakthrough for Harrison Ford.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLil Booth September 5, 2010

15 and up, totally!

To start, I really like the opening scene, it doesn't slowly draw into the plot, it starts with people getting shot, and as a guy, that's what I like. Then we see Marshall (Ford) transform into the President, and from that point on, the movie blossoms. The "F" word is used twice, and there are quite a few other words that as a Christian I don't appreciate, but the movie as a whole is good.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2009

A family movie!

It's good. The R rating is suprising!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymudshark February 9, 2015

Great action film and acting, but R rating seems fit

Great movie overall, with fight scenes and great acting from Harrison Ford and Glenn Close. But be aware, the fight scenes can get rough with shootouts and blood splatter/spray. Many people are shot with blood effects: Bloody bullet holes, blood splattering on walls behind the victims, and blood briefly squirting and spraying out of bullet wounds when people are shot. Great movie. Watch it, but don't let kids see it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 September 27, 2013

tense thriller at 30,000 feet, with a chilling villain.

this movie is just awesome. its like Die Hard meets Taking of Pelham 123 in a plane. with a frightening performance by Gary Oldman and an action hero of a President, this film will entertain anyone. but some of the violence may be to bloody for younger kids. people are shot throughout, with the occasional but mild blood spray. others are beaten, blown up, have their necks snapped, sucked out of planes, or are crushed when Air Force One crashes. the language is infrequent but strong, and there is a scene with smoking.

Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewExpert January 5, 2013

Gripping, Suspensful Thriller

Air Force One is a brilliant movie. The language is PG-13 except for one f***. There is violence in the movie, but only 20% of it shows blood. You can also see red clouds in the air after some people are shot. The movie is exciting, gripping, and suspenseful. After I finished the movie, it felt like I had only spent ten minutes. The time flew by really fast.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama July 23, 2012

Air Force One (1997)

Amazing movie with blood stained walls, themes of terrorism, and amazing suspense. f-bomb once, almost incomplete, can barely here it. R-rating, really MPAA? PG-13 for some blood, intence fight scenes, and brief strong language.

Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2017

A die hard ripoff if I've ever seen one

In the late eighties and early nineties it became cool to rip off Die Hard that's all we got speed is just die hard on a bus and we still get Die Hard ripoffs today like Unstoppable. But the thing that makes speed good or Unstoppable good or heck even really home alone is a die-hard ripoff just with a kid those movies brought something new to the table speed doesn't have a high body count it's just the intense situations on the bus trying to dodge all the debris in the way run all the red lights without getting in trouble it's not your generic action movie Air Force One is just die hard on a plane nothing new is added other than he's the president the only two things I remember or Gary Oldman as the villain and the score the score is the only good thing about the movie. Air Force One isn't a terrible movie it's got some okay acting as I said pretty good score it's just nothing new is brought to the Diehard scenario I'm fine with the movie rip off every now and then especially when they add something new like speed but Air Force One just doesn't. Die Hard takes place in a building Air Force One takes place on a plane in Air Force One he's a president and In die hard he's a cop and it makes way more sense with a cop it's not an awful movie but it's not a good one either I give it a C-.

Teen, 16 years old Written byChristian Baughman August 25, 2010

Harrison Ford Fan!!!!!!!!!

This movie was amazing!!!!! I love this movie. But parents with kids What I think if u have boys that are 10 and up it is a good movie for them It's an action movie. Let boys be boys.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypickledwookiee.... December 21, 2009
I really liked this movie, and Harrison Ford did a great job as always. The role models are all positive (except of course, the terrorist) And the story has a good ending. But, I must warn everyone, that although this is an old R rating, it is mainly for the violence. People are shot down in the beginning and blood is seen spurting out onto shirts. But really, the worst parts are when every half an hour, the terrorist keeps his promise and executes one hostage by shooting them in the head. This happens to a women once, and is very hard to watch or listen too. But, there are good role models portrayed by the President and Vice President as he makes hard decisions and stands for his Country and his Family. This is a great movie, just be careful of the violence and the Language.

Kid, 10 years old December 15, 2009

Iffy for preteens.

I like this movie. I rated it for violence because there is a lot of gun points on hostages. I rated it for language because someone dous say the F- Bomb.

Teen, 16 years old Written byking_ November 5, 2017

Underrated 90s action movie starring the President has violence

This made-for-Harrison-Ford 90s action blockbuster is really enjoyable and highly underrated. It's one of my favorite action movies. It has violence, but that's it. The violence is only gunshots followed by blood spurts and sometimes wounds not very detailed. There is lots of violence, mainly in the beginning 30 minutes where there is lots of innocent people being killed. Other than that, there isn't really any violence the rest of the movie. Violence in movies usually mean lots of gore seen, but all that's in this movie is blood, which really means this movie doesn't have lots of violence. It's all just the same blood spurt technique using squibs. My point in saying all that is that because the violence is just gun shots using squibs, this movie could be PG-13 for violence. This movie may be upsetting for younger viewers as well because many completely innocent people are shot and killed by terrorists, however the terrorists are killed in the end. If your child can handle movie like Indiana Jones they should be able to watch this movie. It's pretty much Die Hard but the action hero is also the President, and it's very enjoyable.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 August 27, 2010

A great movie for older teens.

Air Force One is a suspenseful and exciting movie about the president's plane being hijacked. There is constant violence and blood shed but nothing gory but the terrorists do "execute" unarmed people on and off screen. The language in Air Force One is surprisingly tame for a R-rated movie with only one use of the f-word a couple uses of s*** and a few lesser profanities like d***, h***, and b****. Overall Air Force One is a great action movie perfect for older teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeace.luv.az July 1, 2010

R-rating is questionable: Excellent Movie for Teens and Adults!

As old as this movie is, it is my new favorite! There is a lot of gory violence, so I would definitely not recommend it for sensitive teens. It is very suspenseful, even after you've already seen it several times. Harrison Ford is a wonderful actor and a great role model as President. If all Presidents had that much courage, our country would be very grateful. I think although this storyline is very unlikely to occur, it does reflect some of the issues in our world today, which is what makes it entertaining. Obviously, I would not recommend terrorists as great role models, but I must mention that Gary Oldman does an amazing Russian accent. There is also a lot of strong language, but overall I do not think this should be rated R.