All parent member reviews for Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byRubyRose January 31, 2015

James Bond for tweens

My 9 year old is in to anything to do with spies. There are few movies that are appropriate for this age. I was looking for a young James Bond-type show. We had seen "The Spy Next Door", the Cody Banks movies, the Spy Kids things. This one is a little more grown up but well done. A little funny, a cute protagonist, no drinking or smoking, no making out, no double entendres. Lots of action (people get shot but no blood) and a kids doing amazing bike riding stunts and martial arts. 12 year old enjoyed it too.
Adult Written byVoiceofthekids April 9, 2008

The movie was great

I read the book, and the moive totaly strayed off topic for like, the whole thing, but overall, i think it to be a great movie for kids 12+, a little violence, bu its a spy movie so, it has to have a little. but nothing kids cant see
Parent Written byMurphy04 December 7, 2015
Cool But Violent
Educator Written byBobthezealot August 24, 2015

This is good

This is good
Adult Written bySunnyZim October 5, 2013

Bad acting, lame plot, overall boring.

Terribly boring, lame plot and poorly acted. In addition, the villain's motivation was pathetic and unconvincing to say the least. I'm not surprised this was a flop at the box office.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 6, 2010
Fans of the book series will like the movie version. Lots of action, lots of violence, acceptable acting. Teens and up.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 1, 2009
it rules! every action/adventure fan has to see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byflare33 April 9, 2008

EXTREMLY FUN AND FAIRLY VIOLENT

I LIKE (EXCUSE ME) LOVE, WELL NOT LOVE BUT I WILL, AS ALWAYS, SKIP TO THE POINT. COMMONSENSE WAS wrong. How could you give a movie like this three stars? I mean I loved it A LOT. But this is very action packed that is about the only thing parents might want 2 worry about. It's awesome! i like the the non stop action sequences.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byBlueJade April 9, 2008

Riveting James Bond style movie for tweens

We rented the DVD because of the interesting cast and concept and were really pleased to watch this fast-action spy thriller. This is not a particularly funny film (like Agent Cody Banks), but it is highly stylized, rather British, and clearly echoing James Bond films, but in a way that's entertaining for kids 7 or 8 and up, but particularly to 10 to 16 year olds. Some press reviews complained that there wasn't enough violence in it, but that seemed to be a good aspect to us. But with the constant rock score, the riveting editing, and intense stunts, it seemed entertaining enough. The lead actor is cute, so girls may like that, but he's not real emotional, but then neither is Bond and women love him. Mickey Rourke is weird. Bill Nighy is fantastic as the head spy. Alice Silverstone is kind of funny. Worth checking into.