Kid reviews for Alexander (2005)

Alexander the person was great. This movie isn't.

Horrible! I had to cover my eyes.

I respect Alexander the person but the movie is terrible.I regret even watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybosslady95 April 9, 2008

It's ok

the movie wasn't all that bad all though the story line was mixed up and it focused to much about him being gay it wasn't great but worth watching
Teen, 15 years old Written byLilmarvy24 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 October 24, 2016

NO DON'T FREAKING WATCH THIS MOVIE

homosexuality, nudity, sexual content, blood, gore, violence, the list goes on. I DESPISE this movie and would give it 0 stars for never watch this. EVER!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMissBlackShadow April 5, 2012

Save your money.

I'm a bit of a Classics nerd, and I've yet to find a film set in the Ancient world that impressed me. However, 'Alexander' was exceptionally bad. It's badly written, badly executed, Alexander for some reason has an Irish accent while his mother has a strange sort of Greek accent and the rest of the Macedonians have British accents... It's just a mess. And the way I see it, a film either has to be well-made OR historically accurate for it to be worth my while. 'Alexander' was neither. When I, as a 15-year-old girl, can pick out mistakes every two minutes, (like having him quote the Aeneid, which was written about 250 years after his death? Seriously?) then there is something seriously wrong. Also, this website says that there was explict homosexual situations? Nope. Not the case. It should have been, but no. There was countless instances of heterosexual sex, but when it came to Alexander and his life-long lover Hephaestion, they barely even kissed. It was cowardly of the director and for me instantly made me dislike the film. So I've kind of ranted and raved here, but my point is: don't bother. Complete waste of money. If you're interested in Alexander then go watch a documentary, and if you just want to watch a good movie... well, you need to keep looking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byROR_60 November 26, 2018