All parent member reviews for Aliens in the Attic

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byHighPlainsMom August 11, 2009

Entertaining for Tweens

I always wonder why film makers find it necessary to include any remotely sexual content in movies marketed to young children. Although it may fly right over the heads of younger kids or older, desensitized children -- there are scenes involving the older sister and her boyfriend (who, it is revealed in the movie, has lied about his age in order to date a younger girl) which seem a bit naughty. There are public displays of affection, a scene near a pool where the girl sits in a revealing bikini and inferences that the boyfriend has lied about his car breaking down in order to spend the night in the same house with the girl(some might even infer that he wishes to sleep with her.) As is usually the case, the adults are portrayed as clueless and unresponsive to the concerns of their younger children. As for the alien activity, I didn't find it at all scary and there is one friendly alien who is downright adorable. There is some slapstick-type violence and a few explosions. Overall, the movie is entertaining for older children and adults. My 12-year-old son enjoyed it.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byRichard Warriner January 24, 2011

Great film for kids and adults alike

Takes a while to get started but once the aliens show up the fun starts. My 8 & 9 year olds loved it and I have to admit that there were several laugh out loud moments for me too
Adult Written byMcKFam August 1, 2009

J, age 10, and P, age 8, thought that Aliens in the attic was a little scary. It is very funny. Mom and Dad thought it was entertaining... but there was a little too much sexy stuff. Other than that-- really cute movie.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010

The cutesy alien movie. For violence and scaryness: most of it is humorous and the aliens are honestly to funny looking to be scary. Romance wise: Ashley Tisdale's character flirts a lot with her boyfriend but there's nothing scandalous. The language: Some mild insults are thrown around. Consumerism: There are a lot of products in this movie!! Overall, good for kids who want to watch an alien movie without being scared or grossed out.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

probably to scary for smaller children.

it was pretty violent. lots of fighting, but a cute movie, probably to scary for smaller children.
Parent of a 5, 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byihave4sons December 2, 2009

For once "my" kids got along

Laugh out loud funny! This movie had a strange effect on my boys even; they all wanted to see it, got along whilr watching it, and were in a good mood when we left! Aliens in the Attic, for my family, was a movie we all could agree on and enjoy as a family...
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bygvotz4 August 2, 2009

no real issues with content

Middle of the road, it kept me and my kids entertained but we all agreed it wasn't one of the best movies we had seen lately. The adults were portrayed as completely clueless and frankly had little to do in this movie. I found myself wandering why Andy Richter and Doris Roberts even bothered to show up. A little bit of mild language and sensuality but nothing most kids don't see every day . . . .
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykinglion July 27, 2010

good for 6+

I like this movie because it was pretty good in making me laugh. I mean the movie was such a hit but i wouldn't mind a sequel.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bynickaroo July 23, 2010

good for 5+

This was a cool movie. I can't believe it was so good. I mean wow this was a big shock.
Adult Written byGoodreviewer January 24, 2010

To many hits to the groin.

Way way way to many hits to the groin. I don't know why you'd want your kids to see that, but it's in there.
Adult Written bychuckela January 2, 2010

Surprisingly cute, creative, funny, and clean

I was very surprised at how clean and funny this movie is. It proves that creativity can replace mature content. The only mature elemens are the girl in a bikini (telling the boy to slow down the relationship), quite a few injuries to the testicles (unnecessary in my opinion), and a few wedgies. Really cute and funny movie for our whole familly.
Adult Written bywjbyman October 22, 2009

this is a kids movie

Sterotypical roles, but will enough special effects to make it interesting for kids under 16.
Adult Written bymovielover8 October 12, 2009

A movie to agree on

Pretty good animated movie for kids. Not as boring as I though it would be. Good for kids and parents alike.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byMom and movie lover September 26, 2009

Silly, fun, kids beat the aliens!

This was just a silly and fun movie where the kids are the heroes. There wasn't any bad language used (Oh Crud was the worst!!) and the kids have to learn to trust themselves and work as a team. There is a good lesson to be learned about not fitting in with the crowd. I also picked up on some jokes the kids didn't get but we all had a good time!
Adult Written byEatdessertfirst August 13, 2009

Good for both young and older siblings

Although the uncle is a little disreputable, the movie overall is a lot of fun. I didn't notice any "bad" language. Any rudeness was by the "bad guys" and funny anyway. My oldest is 11 yo and youngest is 6. It was perfect for both of them and I laughed a lot too.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 9 year old Written bycmm August 13, 2009

fine for 8 and up

Good team work between kids, just wish it didn't have the "bathing suit" scene. The oldest sister gets "hot and bothered" when the boyfriend takes off his shirt. Other than this scene, it was great for the kids, they really enjoyed it.
Adult Written by1NYtimes movie ... August 12, 2009

great for everyone

amazing alot of critics say it is lame but it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byBelloftheBall August 12, 2009

Harmless fun here folks. :) No more "slapstick" violence then what you'd see on some of the cartoons these days. parts of it I even laughed at. the "main" character learns that being "smart" isnt something to hide and the cousins learn to get along and work together.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byCoachMom August 11, 2009

Fun and harmless...in my opinion.

The movie is better than some I've sat through lately. The story line is what you would expect. But my boys laughed out loud and were quoting lines when we left the show. Yes, some "sexy" stuff, but it was subtle in my opinion and my boys didn't pick up on it. (The line about separate bedrooms..."no funny business" was said in the background and while not necessary, not a big deal, either.) I think it was fun and harmless.
Parent Written byFather of Ten August 11, 2009

Cute...

Good family flick - some comic violence like 3 Stooges with aliens.