All member reviews for All Dogs Go to Heaven

A barking romp too intense for younger children.

Parent Written bynobaddreams November 19, 2011

This is for kids? I think not!

I cannot believe this movie is for kids. The movie is based on an orphan girl who has been kidnapped by dogs. She is "rescued" by the main character when he realizes that she can talk to animals. He "rescues" or shall I say kidnaps her from her kidnappers, so that she can see which rats are not feeling well. That way he can pick the right rats to win the rat races so he can settle his gambling debts- which he has already faked his death to avoid, but was found alive. There are many references to drinking, smoking, and gambling in this movie. In the end, the main character does the right thing, but do you really want your kids to see how far he had to come to get it right? Terrible movie.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series

I love both movies and I love the show series! The show is called All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series and is amazing!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010
I have loved this movie ever since I first viewed it when I was younger. That being said I don't think it's appropriate for young children. There's a lot going on here and not all of it is that good. Gambling, lying, arson and death, could in some parents eyes overshadow all the good in the movie. But there are positive messages too, and I think that older children will enjoy this movie.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

this movie scared me when I was little

It's too graphic for little kids; it really scared me when I was young.
Parent Written byjulicun March 15, 2015

Dark, lots of violence, with little redeming material

I remembered this movie hazily from my childhood and so I played it for my 4 and 6 year olds. Big mistake. The dogs die, are trying to kill each other, there is gambling and an orphan girl. Just way too much for little kids to absorb. Fine maybe for 8 and over. But it wasn't actually that good from an adult's perspective, so not that much positive to outweigh the negative.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovefall10 October 28, 2010
loved the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

funny

i like this movie but why is it rated g anyway.the dog drinks,gambles,and steals
Teen, 17 years old Written byPinkarray November 25, 2015

Judith Barsi

The little girl that did this movie was killed. I wonder why, she was better than the very many child actors who put on cutesy acts and fail to do their emotional scenes right to make people go "aww... they're so cute" or "oh... they're crying" and that somehow have major jobs. But no, her dad killed her off of jealousy.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byMuscleMan May 15, 2014

Heavenly fun for everyone!

Should be rated PG for some smoking, gambling and scary moments.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

Amazing

I love this movie so much! The animation is some of Don Bluth's finest. The characters are memorable, and they play off each other very well. The story and moral of the film, is very powerful, and touching. It's a lot better than many people give it credit for.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Fun Don Bluth film about dogs has a surprising dark side, along with good stuff, as well......

While the pacing of the film is a bit fast, most kids won't care much about that. There are lots of mature elements that may even sometimes scare the very sensitive children, but as long as your kid can handle it, they will be in a trance from the really good stuff in the film such as the characters, the visual and comical humor, the songs, the glorious animation, and the moments in the film that are dark, epic, and touching. If a really little kid desperately wanted to see it, maybe have the fast forward button on hand for intense moments. Older kids most likely will enjoy it if they are a fan of animation like me.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

This movie is wonderful, to me, its beautiful themes over come the dark ones.

This is one of my favorite movies ever, and not one part scared me when I was young. I was never disturbed by any mature content whatsoever, nor did I even notice it. The movie is very beautiful, with wonderful songs, and memorable scenes. Definitely recommended for all.
Adult Written byDissy July 1, 2012

Amazing for the people who appreciate it

All Dogs Go to Heaven will forever be one of my favorite films and have enjoyed it since i was about five. I remember rushing downstairs every morning to put it on and watch it. It's somewhat dark and gritty style just make it even more original plus the older you get the more jokes you understand. I only recently watched it (now 19) and the amount of stuff i used to shrug my shoulders and not understood at the time (not that it bothered me) i suddenly did and that made it even better than i previously thought. As previously mentioned it has rather dark and somewhat sinister undertones with a very gritty setting definitely gives people a break from the squeaky clean animations of today. Though much appreciated by someone like myself, parents who wish to give their children a more strict / protective up bringing should steer clear of it. (Drinking, Violence, Smoking, Gambling, Fire arms etc) An amazing and original film for the somewhat older kids and adults alike. For all the people who believe this film is a bad influence. As mentioned i loved it when i was five... and for the record i don't smoke, never gambled and only drink on the odd occasion.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2011

Ok?

I think this movie supports a good message. Your little ones might be a little frightened at some scenes. So be cautious.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 3, 2011

Great movie

The violence is a little over the top for a g movie. New rating: pg for some action violence, a murder involving a car, drinking and mild smoking, and scary images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 20, 2011

Sweet Family Film With Some Scariness

It does have scary scenes, but from the title you can tell that it has to be a little dark. Violence- Carface runs Charley over, and kills him, but he comes back from the dead. The age that I recomend depends on what other movies your children have watched, and an age that I wasn't disturbed by.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... June 16, 2011

yes children can watch it the age of 5 good age to see it!

the movie is cute children are aloud to watch it a very nice funny family film !
Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf May 16, 2011
A warning for sensitive parents with overly sensitive children, there is a dream sequence when Charlie, the main character dreams hes being dragged into the pits of heck. It might scare some kids and some can label it dark but thats what I like in kids movie :3. There is also lying and sexual innuendo but some good characters that make good decisions in the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaplefrost February 28, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe payton February 26, 2011
I love the movie all dogs go to heaven.