Kid reviews for All Dogs Go to Heaven

Intense animated adventure has peril, drinking, smoking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

funny

i like this movie but why is it rated g anyway.the dog drinks,gambles,and steals
Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat April 28, 2020

Not at all what i expected

Ok so ive been wanting to watch this movie for some time now, and i watched it several months ago. This movie is cliche’ and the and the songs are boring and annoying. i only stick up to songs in Disney movies because that’s what makes Disney movies magical. This is not a Disney movie so therefore the songs are annoying in my opinion. So this is a boring cliche movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKitten mitten April 5, 2020

Love it

It great

Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2020

Good movie!

I personally think that some parts of the movie does put some out some things that kids that are younger than 5 that would take it as a different thing. But this movie is really good because it does put out that its okay to help others in need, to also puts out there that in some point in time it is okay to accept peoples apologies. To itchy charlie was his partner in crime and in the movie he also stated that "he is a brother to me" because they have been through so much together. Also later in the movie they take in Ann-Marie and they go through some bumbs in the road but in the end of the movie they ended up becoming something close to family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaymememdeayebdvaj January 22, 2020

Great movie!...But a little inappropriate.

I think kids of all ages should be able to watch this movie! It's great and does contain good messages for children to learn. It teaches you the value of friendship, it teaches you that it's okay to care, it's okay to show that you may be vulnerable. And it especially teaches you that if you love someone you may have to let them go. Sure, Charlie did kidnap Squeaker at first but his views changed and he really did love her. But at the same time it contained, alcohol, smoking, gambling, stealing, murder, attempted murder and even more! So I would say there are things in here that are highly inappropriate, but the light-heartedness, songs and lovable characters really over power it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGabby248 January 22, 2020

good family show

it is a good family show and it teaches you life lessons along the way.

Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2020

All Dogs Go To Heaven

I think it was a really great movie. My only concern is all the gambling, alcohol, smoking etc. It could bring a bad picture into a young child's mind. Overall it was very comical and funny. I do recommend it to families that have understanding of the subject.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMCninjakitty308 October 13, 2019

Unwanted Content

There is literally no good messages in this movie. I can't believe it's rated G when there is so many themes that may lead a younger child in the wrong direction. Kids will do almost anything they see on a screen and that includes things like these. Despite what the "A lot or a little" section, there is indeed swearing present on a banner hanging from the ceiling of the bar. This is meant to be a children's movie. Would you expose your young viewers to a movie that has very little meaning and bad content?

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovielizard April 22, 2018

Great movie! Let your kids watch it!

In All dogs go to Heaven there are some dark themes but kids won’t understand it. I watched this movie when I was younger and I wasn’t frightened/ scared by it at all. The movie has smoking, drinking & gambling but kids won’t understand those themes either unless they are over 10 or 12. There is a depiction of hell but once again KIDS WON’T UNDERSTAND IT UNLESS THEY ARE OLDER. Don Bluth films usually have more darker themes in them than in other movies. If your kid does get scared during the movie turn it off and ask them why they were afraid of it. At the beginning of the film Charlie is a gambler and does some ignorant/greedy things but at the end of the movie he has a change of heart. He cares about the little orphan Anne Marie and is sad when he has to leave her to go to heaven. That scene is touching for dog lovers and anyone in general. This movie isn’t as bad/scary as people say it is. All dogs go to Heaven is definitely worth watching.

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2018

Really Good Movie

Except the part which Charlie was dreaming about hell (lava, monsters, tornadoes, devils, etc..) This may be creepy to young children, Other than that, its a great film.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTacoshrimp00 January 11, 2018

There are dark scenes but has some sweetness as well

There Is some dark scenes but there are scenes where it has touching moments where Ann Marie is lost and finds her parents. Charlie goes from being selfish to becoming compassionate for Ann Marie. I like the story and the songs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynorth wind May 25, 2016

my childhood movie

I am really sorry for the ones that don't enjoy this movie, but I really love it.
I first watched it when I was about 3, and I think this is the only movie that I actually remember from my childhood. I also remember that I used to watch it every night before I went to bed. I also loved Charlie as a character and I used to play pretend with him, I even had a stuffed dog and I named him Itchy . I also want to tell just one more think, I don't think it's scary at all, in my opinion movies in these days are to nice and perfect and far too princessy, and if you think that this is only my opinion I want to say that I showed this movie to my 6 year old sister (that is totally crazy about Frozen, plus she is afraid of witches and darkness) and she wasn't scared at all.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPinkarray November 25, 2015

Judith Barsi

The little girl that did this movie was killed. I wonder why, she was better than the very many child actors who put on cutesy acts and fail to do their emotional scenes right to make people go "aww... they're so cute" or "oh... they're crying" and that somehow have major jobs. But no, her dad killed her off of jealousy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

Amazing

I love this movie so much! The animation is some of Don Bluth's finest. The characters are memorable, and they play off each other very well. The story and moral of the film, is very powerful, and touching. It's a lot better than many people give it credit for.

Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Fun Don Bluth film about dogs has a surprising dark side, along with good stuff, as well......

While the pacing of the film is a bit fast, most kids won't care much about that. There are lots of mature elements that may even sometimes scare the very sensitive children, but as long as your kid can handle it, they will be in a trance from the really good stuff in the film such as the characters, the visual and comical humor, the songs, the glorious animation, and the moments in the film that are dark, epic, and touching. If a really little kid desperately wanted to see it, maybe have the fast forward button on hand for intense moments. Older kids most likely will enjoy it if they are a fan of animation like me.

Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

This movie is wonderful, to me, its beautiful themes over come the dark ones.

This is one of my favorite movies ever, and not one part scared me when I was young. I was never disturbed by any mature content whatsoever, nor did I even notice it. The movie is very beautiful, with wonderful songs, and memorable scenes. Definitely recommended for all.

Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2011

Ok?

I think this movie supports a good message. Your little ones might be a little frightened at some scenes. So be cautious.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 3, 2011

Great movie

The violence is a little over the top for a g movie. New rating: pg for some action violence, a murder involving a car, drinking and mild smoking, and scary images.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 20, 2011

Sweet Family Film With Some Scariness

It does have scary scenes, but from the title you can tell that it has to be a little dark. Violence- Carface runs Charley over, and kills him, but he comes back from the dead. The age that I recomend depends on what other movies your children have watched, and an age that I wasn't disturbed by.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf May 16, 2011
A warning for sensitive parents with overly sensitive children, there is a dream sequence when Charlie, the main character dreams hes being dragged into the pits of heck. It might scare some kids and some can label it dark but thats what I like in kids movie :3. There is also lying and sexual innuendo but some good characters that make good decisions in the end.