All parent member reviews for All of Me

I cried! I laughed

i'm still thinking
Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 January 24, 2011

Proof-watch movie first if your child is under 14

This movie is a classic for older veiwers but I don't feel it is appropriate for children. There is mild language use but the sexual content in this movie is not for young viewers. There is no nudity, however, the talk of sex is throughout this movie and some sexual scenes are very inappropriate. I would say this movie is "On" for 14 and should be proof-viewed by parents before age 14 if sexual content is a concern.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bysmirkey1 August 30, 2010

Dated but funny... not for kids

I loved this movie when it came out and still say some of the lines all the time ("Good plan!" "Back in bowl!") So I rented it to show my kids. I was glad I checked on here before showing them. I'm just watching it on my own, and am surprised at how dated it is and also how "racy" it is. Talk of faking orgasms, affairs, some swearing. Glad I didnt show my 9 and 7 year olds.
Adult Written byspencerh April 28, 2015

One of Steve Martin's Very Best-But most definitely not for younger children

Steve Martin is one of the most endearing comedic actors of the silver screen. With huge hits like "The Jerk", "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", "Roxanne", 'Parenthood", and the "Father of the Bride" remake series, he proves to be such a likeable star for many generations. This early movie career winner for Martin proves just how great and likeable an actor he really is. It has a great story, and solid direction by Carl Reiner, and Martin and Lily Tomlin have some of the most fantastic screen chemistry ever. That being said the movie despite its PG rating (remember this was made in 1984, when the PG-13 rating had just come out, so some movies still got rated PG when they should have been PG-13, or even arguably rated R), is not a good choice for anyone under the age of 13, and even for age 13 its still sort of iffy. As aforementioned you will hear a woman literally pretend to fake her orgasms during one scene, there are two scenes with Steve Martin and Victoria Tennant having sex (no nudity, nor graphic,), and even though the movie tries to pass both of those off as humorous they are very inappropriate for children. As far as profanity goes, there's really nothing on that level that doesn't push the PG limit, standard hells, damns, 1 or 2 sh--s, son of a bitch, Jesus, etc... But there is also a lot of sparing sexual language like slut, whore, etc... there is also talk of a man cheating on his wife, and getting a hard-on. So yes parents definitely need to re-watch this classic comedy before allowing any child to view it. I recently showed it to a couple friends who are offended by strong sexual content, and I fast forwarded the scenes with Madolyn Smith pretending to fake her orgasms, as well as the two sex scenes with Martin and Tennant, and they were totally fine with the movie. If you want to show it to someone 13 and up, and if you just fast forward out those three scenes, it's pretty acceptable for teenagers. Definitely view it first to know when those scenes come up so you can fast forward. Other than those aforementioned scenes this is your typical PG-13 rated comedy. In any event this is Steve Martin's comedic persona at its very best, and fans of his whether young or old, should definitely not miss this treasure lined up with his incredible body of work. So rent/buy it, watch it first, then show it to the kids and skip over a few scenes and you are sure to enjoy the show. There's a lot of big laughs in this movie, it's a lot of fun and you are sure to laugh a lot.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 December 5, 2012

all me

string-pullers. The gag wears thin after a while, and the movie lapses at times, but the characters -- even Lily Tomlin's -- endear themselves to you after a while, and the plot has just enough complexity to it to keep it interesting. So sit back, put your feet up, and allow yourself the guilty pleasure of laughing. Or if you're not a lover of the screwball comedy genre, watch it with a couple of kids between the ages of 13 and 16; they'll supply the laugh track. Families can talk about how they want to be remembered when they die, or have fun playing a game asking whose body they'd want to be transferred into if they died.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010
Certainly not the best movie ever made, but if you need something to watch on a rainy day...this movie could be it. Slapstick humor at it's not so best, but still humorous.