All parent member reviews for Along Came Polly

Adult Written byannieh16 April 9, 2008

Interesting but Enjoyable

I was fairly satisfied with this movie. I was mainly drawn to see this movie because I adore Jennifer Aniston's work, and the pet ferrett seemed hilarious. I thought that there were a few things that made you squeamish, like bathroom jokes, but it was all tastefully done. Polly, Jennifer Aniston's character, was someone who I could relate to very much. She was humorous, caring, and well meaning. She helped Ben Stiller's character, Rueben, become his true self. She understands his differences and doesn't alienate him. The characters are accepting, work hard at their jobs, and like all people, have their flaws. They learn to be comfortable in their own skins, and learn that it is okay to be themselves. This is a great movie for people who are looking for a laugh, and who are willing to withstand about 10 total minutes of humor that would definitly appeal to 7-13 year old boys (toilet humor).
Adult Written bybjd April 2, 2011

What a bomb!

Both leads are boring and personaly-less, overhyped actors (Stiller and Aniston) that make this movie painful to watch. There is no chemistry, and the thing chugs through the motions without any sort of feeling, humour or interest. Watching this is like fingernails on a blackboard, and it could only be appreciated by someone who has never seen good acting or good comedies of any sort. Alas, that describes a swathe of the upcoming generation.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 21, 2010

14 and up.

along came polly is a funny comedy movie that will be good for your older teens but parents along came polly has a lot of inappropriate scenes and one sex scene but no nudity shown there's strong language used and social drinking.