All teen and kid member reviews for Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked

Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2011

Not for Me, but May Work for You!

DO NOT TAKE YOUR 10 YEAR OLD CHILD TO SEE THIS! She will be bored out of her mind! But if you have a kid 9 or under, they would LOVE this movie!! The chipmunks are really cute.The only thing is that the dancers in the "club scene were a little bit iffy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneRandom December 27, 2011

Well......

I hate to be the so called " Debbie Downer " here, but...you seriously don't want someone under 8 watching this. The first two movies were honestly perfect for little kids, but....they shouldn't have rated this G. It should have been PG. In my opinion because Simone ( who is Simon's alter ego ) is a MAJOR flirt with Jeanette. Love is definatly in the air here. And when I was first saw this with my little cousin ( who's 7 ) she was crying her eyes out that her favorite Chipette was being captured and taken hostage. Seriously. I had to drag her out of the theater. Her words? " The directors of that movie are MEANIES! ". Plus a few other kids had to be taken out of the theater because they were crying as well. The balls with the faces on them also creeped her out along with Zoe ( castaway on the island ) so, if creepy islanders, balls with faces on them and Chipettes being held hostage scare your kids, I advise you not to take them to see this movie. Now onto the romance...it's OK, but it's kind of not. Simone is like some French dude ( I thought he was Spanish at first.... ) who is like some sort of athletic, semi-crazy, adventurer. But the thing that was bothering a lot of parents in the theater was his flirting with Jeanette. I'm not joking. One woman actually practically SCREAMED in the theater..." I'm not letting my 4 YEAR OLD watch a movie where the main characters MAKE OUT! ". I heard she got her money back.....but she was wrong. She exaggerated. Simone just kept kissing Jeanette's hand and arm, but that woman was probably just some over-protective freak. Simone also danced with Jeanette in the rain, and Theodore even danced with Eleanor. ( despite her broken ankle ) Plus one thing I guess I should mention is...when the Chipettes are in the club, their dresses DO have a bit of cleavage. But hey. They're chipmunks. Not teenage girls. I could understand that, but moms? Dads? Don't be fooled. If you normally let your kid watch a movie that's PG, then go nuts. ( Ha, ha, get it? Nuts? Eh...forget it. ) But all kidding aside. This movie is good for kids 8 and up. =)
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2011

language

teach ur kids the right way
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2012

SINGING EVERYWHERE!!!

funny this movie had so much singing! not like the first 2 ( they dont mention its the third) did not have this amout of singing. i found this a new high school musical discised as alvin and the chimpmunks to the makers: if you make a 4th ( i hope you dont) make less singing. i say if you like musicals everywhere knock yourself out unless that its really bad
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperMarwa December 26, 2011

Ok Movie

Great Movie. Dave is funny though he makes a mistake in the script! Elanor makes him a necklace and later he says Theodore made it! Good Messages= Dave searches long and hard for his "children" and Ian later turns out to be a good role model and the chipmunks and chipettes work hard to find ways of surving. Also, Jeanette and Simon sometimes deliver some information, like how you can use glass and sunlight to light a fire. But the chippetes need to stop acting girly (almost slutty) because it puts boys off from watching this fil,
Teen, 15 years old Written bysydneytaylor23 December 26, 2011

Really good!

This is a really good film. It's very appropriate, and teaches your children the importance of chipmunks! (and of course singing)
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

Movie for the kids --

I just saw this movie in the theater. I was hoping for another sweet Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, and that goal was only half met. I have personally loved the first two, and still was not terribly disappointed with this one, but it was just OK. I wouldn't say it was really "educational" but there really were good messages. It was a bit violent for a G rated movie, and I think it could be a little scary for kids under the age of 8. I would wait to see this until it comes out on DVD, but still, a good, and entertaining movie for the kids. :) I was entertained throughout the entire movie!
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2012

Extremly Boring!

To me, this movie was very boring compared to the other chipmunk movies.I think younger kids ie. 5-6 year olds will love this movie, due to the fact that when I saw it the 5-6 year olds were laughing like crazy. In my opinion, waste of time if you are over 6.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

alvin and the chimpmunks 3 aint good as the first one.

this movie is not good as the first one I havent seen the second one so I cant review it. This movie kind of kept my intrest its good for kids between 4-8 yrs of age. This movie aint good for kids ages between 10-14 yrs. so I didnt like this movie.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2011

Not a super good movie, but its fine for little kids.

Its very unrealistic and the chipmunks can be annoying sometimes, but not as bad as the Squeakquel. There isnt anything inappropriate in it,so its fine for kids, even though it isnt very good.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2011

Awesome movie!!!

I went to see this movie with my friend and I loved it!!! And just to let you guys know the 'I wave my tail back and forth' thing is a knock-off of a song called 'i whip my hair back and forth' by an artist named willow smith.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 26, 2011

Good movie with funny moments

I went to see this movie and I don't know why it gets 2 stars from CSM. It has some peril that probably should've given it a PG rating, but it's mild and no blood or gore is shown. Plus, all the villian characters change to good by the end of the movie. Good for kids 7+. Violence: Some mild peril and slapstick violence, and some characters come close to dying during the volcano explosion (Ex. when Dave almost falls down a gorge to his death, or when Dave, Ian, and Zoey almost get killed by fireballs shooting out of the volcano.) But nobody gets hurt. Sex: Some woman are shown in bikinis and other revealing clothing, and some mild flirting and hand kissing, but it doesn't go farther than that. Consumerism: Part of popular Chipmunks series which has merchandise for sale, some pop culture references like Lord Of The Ring and Survivor, songs from real life, like "SOS" and "Vacation" are sung, and some product placement.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

awsomeness

i think that everyone will think it is funny.
Kid, 8 years old December 26, 2011

Great Movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 December 17, 2011

Awesome movie, some flaws, but still good

I think that this is a really great movie! I loved every minute of it. I mostly liked the singing and dancing and my sister really liked the romance. It also delivers some positive messages and good role models. Dave searches long and hard for his "children" and Ian later turns out to be a good role model and the chipmunks and chipettes work hard to find ways of surving. Also, Jeanette and Simon sometimes deliver some information, like how you can use glass and sunlight to light a fire. But there are still some things that need to be discussed. First up is the violence, there are some moments in this movie that might scare some people. Like *possible spoiler* later on in the movie there is a volcanic eruption and there is ash and smoke everywhere. On the milder side there are some minor falls, like when Elanor falls from the zipline and injures her ankle, however the injury is only a sprain so it's nothing severe and it heals up by the end of the movie. There is one person, like Ian who is both a positive and negative role model, named Zoe. She does what she can to help the chipmunks and chipettes but later on she gets kinda greedy and crazy by making Jeanette get treasure for her. But she eventually apologize. The last concern is that sometimes the songs have not so pleasing lyrics and some of the dance moves can be a little on the disturbing side. Overall, I say this is a very sweet, fun, and sometimes educational movie that I feel is appropriate for atleast a seven-year-old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydfdlsngva December 27, 2011

Alvin And The Chipmunks Chip-Wrecked

i think this is is a great movie for kids because 1 it is very funny 2 it is great for kids to watch and 3 because it doesn't have any bad scenes
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

OK, some content, but OK

This is an OK movie, and nothing more than that. It does have some inappropriate outfits and a bit too much romance, but it is good for the little kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycherrycoke347 December 17, 2011

If you want to see Happy Feet 2; DON'T! See this!

I think this movie is great for practically all ages. There is a little bit of suggestive dancing in a scene with Jeanette & Simon, and Theodore & Eleanor. Also, when Simon gets bit by a spider, he starts acting like a weird French guy, so he acts all flirty with Jeanette. He starts kissing her hands and up her arm and gets kind of close to her face until Alvin says something. Simon gambles in a casino on the cruise ship, and the Chipettes have a dancing competition thing with 3 women on the ship. The women are wearing really short dresses, with some cleavage showing. There are some scary scenes, and the lady on the island is kind of creepy. Otherwise, this is a really great movie for kids. The singing is great, Ian's back, and it's just a really cute movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist January 1, 2016

Terrible movie that will make your eyes roll off your head.

Nothing quite serious, (quite literally) in content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjordan cartwright April 14, 2012

Alvin and the chipmunks- chipwrecked

this is one of the family films of 2012 you must see it is a very heartwarming film of the year good for the entire family.