All parent member reviews for Alvin and the Chipmunks

Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byDawnyDawn January 19, 2010

Not good for 6 or under

Don't like the suggestive language and clothing.
Adult Written bybskinner April 9, 2008

I was disgusted with the backup singers/ dancers

This was a movie like many ruined by some of the content. The backup singers/dancers were dressed very provocativelyy. I did not appreciate my 11 year old boy being exposed to all the female skin and sexually provocative dancing that they produced. Just because it was in the background did not make it any less offensive. Another example of the media exposing our kids to things we wouldn't. They also included "bubbly" (champagne). Why do our kids need exposed to this? Because Hollywood wants to shape their values. We shouldn't fall for it as parents. Don't become numb by exposure.
Adult Written December 12, 2009

Randy humor too old for children under 12

My husband & I watched it trying to decide if we were going to let our 3 girls (7/01/12) see it. I realize I am in the minority here, stating that it's not appropriate for children under 13. It would be a completely harmless movie, perfect for children, with the exception of 2 or 3 comments. Those include 'You're hot', 'She wanted you', but especially the comment about 'Making love to the camera'. They could have made this movie completely kid-friendly except for those few comments - why were they necessary? Children don't need to hear such inappropriate comments.
Adult Written byplatedslates April 9, 2008

portrayl of and toward women ruined it for me, chipmunks were adorable

Small kids might be oblivious to this. Regardless of persons age, there were so many inappropriate portrayals of women in this movie. The chipmunks themselves were amazing and the animation,...etc. This movie is NOT a cartoon, but has real people and real seeming chipmunks. When he shows up at work, all these females come from every direction suggestively under the guise of innocense. There are various times where females are glamoured up and wear revealing clothes. The movie could have been good otherwise. I saw another movie with a red for the sexual square, and found this movie more offensive in my opinion. The chipmunks themselves were great and charming.
Adult Written byRadeonAMD June 10, 2015

Consumerisum everywere, otherwise, decent

this includes to much consumerism. the movie is about 35% buying things and 10% getting things.
Adult Written byNerdyNette August 20, 2013

Do. Not. Watch.

This movie is terrible. Full of ugly rodents, bad jokes, potty humor, and other disgusting things. Watch the CARTOON Chipmunks instead.
Parent Written by@@@ December 17, 2011

Chokingly, torturousely childish film for those aged between two and six years old. It's probably the most overrated film of all time, and that's saying something. I had no desire to see the film, but I was forced to go with my younger brother and gramdmother in the holidays while my mum was at work. The film has made a great achievement in bad cinema, a HUGE one. This film makes terrible films look excellent. It's enough to destroy any faith you had in family films forever. A big no for adults. It is a pity the movie is too rude for the 1 to 6 year olds who are the target audience.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 6, 2011

Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written byedmundscollection March 21, 2011

great way to introduce music

Its a great my boys could watch it over and over again. And it helped them develop interest in playing instruments
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Sweet little film.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykinglion July 27, 2010

I say bad for young kids

Man the movie was a stinker. I really hated the singing and the whole movie was mess up from the start so don't watch it.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bynickaroo July 23, 2010

good for 5+

I don't mind the movie but it could be better. The big shock was me liking the chipmunks because they were good.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykaniya April 18, 2010
love it
Parent of a 2 year old Written bybubblesmendez September 21, 2009
My son loves this movie. It was on cable for a little while and then when they took it off he was sad, he kept asking for Alvin. It's so cute to watch him see the movie, he has even memorized some of the parts. There should be more movies like this one.
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009

Good and Clean

I think it should be G
Adult Written byjasmena April 20, 2009

The chipmunk fans

I loved the movie.It was so funny and i lovvvvve the chipmunks there the best.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

cute & funny

I thought the movie was cute. My kids loved the movie. It is diffidently a family movie night kinda movie. Adults can watch it and get a laugh here and there but the best part is watching your kids roll on the floor laughing when they poot rofl.
Adult Written bymacfam April 9, 2008