Parent reviews for Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Poster Image

Christian Role Model

Inspiring example of the realities one faces when following the word and keeping on course despite adversity and staggering obstacles. Amazing hero and role model. Particularly for those with a strong calling of service to others. Not recommended for young children. A mature 12 or 13 year old introspective aware child or perhaps a bit older otherwise. Great Christian based history. May not be of interest to those who would not find this level of commitment and self sacrifice appealing. I was fascinated with his accomplishments and devotion to God and humanity. Vivid possibly disturbing scenes of despair in some characters and slave abuse.

Director fail

Too much cleavage in this movie for me to be able to recommend it to anyone. They really ruined what could have been an awesome movie.

Inspirational

Brilliant and inspiring movie, one which I have watched many times. William Wilberforce is one of my heroes and this movie does a very good job of portraying this brave and amazing man.

Uplifting, inspiring, an amazing movie

The cinematography is gorgeous, the acting is stellar, the story is inspiring and heart-rending at the same time. Amazing Grace IS truly amazing, and I would show it to all my kids were it not for the "scary" content. It's nothing much (two men beating a horse, some depictions of slavery, a hallucination), but a bit too intense for kids younger than 10 or 11. Younger kids won't be able to follow the highly political plot, but for tweens and teens who like period dramas this is a must-see. I found myself near tears at the courageous, self-sacrificial love of Wilberforce and his heroic appeal for the dignity of the human person.

Good family movie, great for discussion and explanation.

I don't know how accurate the details are, but the message is clear. Any person who is passionate about a cause that makes this world a better place, can make a difference. Wilberforce was a man of convictions. He did not wait until he was middle aged to engage the world. He was serving in government at age 21. Most of our 21 year olds are playing video games.

Good for teenagers and adults

Very good movie. One of the only movies out there that makes my brain think :) The average teenager might find it boring, but when I first saw it I liked it a lot.

Scenes describing the horrors of slavery were too intense for me, much less for children. Definitely misrated--should have been PG-13. Only for mature middle schoolers and up.

THANKED GOD

Amazing film i thank God for all the people who done it and GOD BLESS . it is a great filim to witness God's Amazing Love and Grace available to all.

Loved it

It stirs your heart and makes you want to do something. It shows the world is not a bad place and everyone has a place and no one is unknown. Any chance you get, you should watch it. Good for the whole family and it shows of how everyone has a heart and everyone is loved by God and everyone is equal in sight.