All teen and kid member reviews for American Gangster

ooooooooookk

this movie was good just take out all the f- words and the drugs and nudity. the movie was good, well it did have some kind of historical happenings like the military helping drug dealers get "coke" AKA drugs. but is was OK!!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2009

OMG

This is probably the most tense, deep film in exsitence. If your bored you probably cant understand it. I thought it was very entertaining; definatly in my top 5.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySaya April 9, 2008

uhhh

i didn't really see the movie but if i do my parents would see it first and tell me what parts i coudn't see or if i could see it at all
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilcarpetgirl April 9, 2008

Way too long

The movie wasn't exactly innapropriate, I marked it as innapropriate because I definately dont think kids my age would enjoy it. It was WAY too long and was not very entertaining. I totally understood the plot and main points of the movie, and even though it wasn't a bad movie, I would not sit through it again.
Teen, 17 years old Written bythebestreviewer... April 9, 2008

it was great

i thought this was a great movie even though it's almost 3 hours.but it's pretty bad with language,lots and lots of drug content and nudity.but if you're 17 or older and you like crime dramas you're gonna have a fun time
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Not very good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie was very long and rather boring. There is a TUN of drug use and violance. There is some nudity and violance. I actually thought that it wasn't all that inipropriot but I think it would be ok for only for kids 15+
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy November 21, 2009

Decent Mob film, but way too explicit.

Great Plot! Excellent Execution! But not for kids. The violence isn't over the top, but there is a lot of very graphic nudity. Sometimes portrayed sexually, sometimes not. The biggest issues are the drugs. There are literally drugs everywhere. It was very well done, but NOT FOR KIDS.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrummer1235 April 9, 2008
American Gangster is a gritty look at life in New York as both cop and criminal. The material is not especially graphic. any mature 11 year old would be fine. there are images of people shooting up, shooting people, and swearing. Frank Lucas is an amazing buisnessman, and we could all learn from his shrewd negotiations and cold blooded ethic. peace
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWatcherGamer August 9, 2012

2nd best gangster film

Im 13 and i saw this and it reminds me of scarface theres alot of language violence and drugs and nudity. But this is one of the best movies ive seen.
Teen, 17 years old Written byReginiaPhilangee April 9, 2008

not for under restricted age

Kids ages 12 and 11 rating this movie appropriate for thier age is a sign of what is wrong with hollywood today. It's ridiculous to recommend American Gangster to a young audience. This movie is violent, filled with explict language and drug use, and graphic nudity. Roberts and Lucas, in all thier moral fault, are shown in a positive light and may be impressionable towards kids. Older teens and up. Depsite it's faults, this is a enthralling movie filled with perfect performances by crowe and washington.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 22, 2014

Great gangster film!

I don't have much to say about this, other than it's a must-see.

This movie is bring

Seriously, i love mob movies but i get a wierd feeling about this one. This movie is so boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjmena13923 April 9, 2008

great.

great storyline. the violence is not much. there is a man that gets burned alive, people die. the drugs is the issue. there is drugs everywhere and junkies buying drugs and people dying from drugs. the sexual content is just some female top nudity. a movie for adults only
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieAddictionz December 21, 2016

Gritty, violent crime drama has tons of drugs, swearing.

BBFC - (18) Contains strong violence and hard drug use. Mature audiences, suitable only for 17+ because of the brutal violence, sexuality, swearing and drug use.