Kid reviews for American Girl: Lea to the Rescue

Action-packed jungle mystery has suspense, peril.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySierraBear July 5, 2016

Not intriguing

Me and my little sisters always love the american girl movies. They are always really cute and well made but when we saw this one it was extreamly disappointing . to Much action in it and all the other american girl movies it about there emotions and how they fix that so us girls can relate but you can't relate to your brother being lost in Brazil!! Very much disliked it
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2016

Terrible movie! Read the books.

I watched this new AG movie solely for entertainment...to laugh at it! I knew this "sequel" to the books would be awful, and boy, was I right! Lea is a spoiled, rude school girl with a sweet older brother and as for the character setup, it was right on point. This is a very twisted story for AG and I was very much surprised at the weirdo but still creepy bad guys, the "leave it to adventurous Lea" theme, and the "remember what Aki taught you" at the climax. It was thrown together in a short amount of time and the whole thing seemed rushed. The scene in the beginning (taken from the first book Lea Dives In) was weak, poorly executed, and not like the books at all. The end was just awful. Lea seemed like a braggart and was never reproved for her attitude. She is NOT a good role model and just beware! Even though Lea is not my favorite GOTY, I would say that her books were not bad compared to this movie. If you really have to get involved in Lea, read the books, or better yet, buy the actual doll and products! This new "sequel" movie is horrible and not necessary at all! Just read the freaking books!
Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2019

It's honestly kind of cool!

I used to LOVE american girl movies. They usually weren't too scary, they had nice girls in them, and my parents liked the adult actors who were in them. Perfect. When the movie first came out, i watched the trailer with my family. It looked really dramatic and scary! My parents wouldn't let me watch it. I finally watched it a year later, and loved it!!! Lea is awesome and cool, and not focused on clothes and being pretty, and my parents said it was very good. Akina is very nice, but how can she speak english so well? Why does her tribe let Lea stay with them? The kidnapping scenes are more dramatic than scary, but be careful with kids who are sensitive. This is much better than Saige and Macenna. I highly recommend watching this!!!! I only put too much consumerism because it's about a doll.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMilkshakez June 13, 2018

Honestly

Ok, completely different from her normal story. instead of focusing on her hobbies and struggles, it is the story of animal poachers and arrests. Lea completely disobeys her mother and babysitter, and runs away into a jungle to save her kidnaped brother. Decent movie for girls ages 10 and up, but not for the targeted audience.

Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2018

Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2016

So Good!

This is a great movie, big change of pace from the other AG movies, lots of mystery and adventure. Some scary stuff ex.: police with guns arrest poachers and handle them a little violently, 3 main characters are trapped in a cage, another is handled roughly by poachers. But nothing 7 or 8 and up cant handle. Definitley watch!

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2016

Great Movie!

The movie was awesome. I loved it!