Kid reviews for American Graffiti

Coming-of-age classic still a must-see for teens.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 23, 2011

Pretty strong for even a 70s PG.

My rating: PG-13 for language, teen drinking/smoking, some sensuality and an image of rear nudity.

George Lucas, You Are a Genius!

I'm telling you I read the book, which was like reading the screenplay because it had the directions and who was saying what. In the future I do mean to actually watch the film. I loved it!!!! I mean I have to see it, I am obsessed with the 50's and 60's.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

Excellent classic

If you like classic movies, American movies, or consider yourself a Lucas film, you owe it to yourself to see this film. It sometimes comes on TCM if for some reason you don;t feel like renting it (though I say sometimes because I saw it on TCM in early 2005, but know it has come on a few times after tat also).
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci February 10, 2013

Iconic 60's movie has substances and sensuality.

American Graffiti is a classic film about a group of high school graduates who partake in some questionable behavior one night, while considering what they will do with there futures. Certain characters steal liquor, rob arcades, make out, and almost everyone smokes. A brief scene shows a woman mooning, and swearing includes s**t, ass, and b**chin'( sometimes used to describe a woman). Best for teens, a bit mature for anyone younger.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhusker97 April 30, 2012

Realy good, clean movie

nothing bad at all in this movie, let your kids watch it.

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 21, 2010

A must for George lucas fans and kids

I like this movie. It has humor, style, love, and action. It's likes Grease(1978)only better. I highly reccomeded it

Kid, 9 years old August 20, 2012

Phenomenal for 11+

Great movie. Some smoking, a man's arm is on fire for a second(no wound shown, portrayed from afar, not graphic or explicit) mild language

Teen, 14 years old Written byOpal W. July 7, 2017

I thought this would be a good classic, but I was very wrong.

I thought this movie would be a good classic like The Breakfast Club or Clueless, but I was very very wrong. For one, this movie was boring. About halfway through I got really bored. It all takes place in one night which didn't help it feel any shorter than it was. The 1 hour and 53 minutes I spent on this movie were some of the longest I have ever experienced. I swear the time stamp just stopped moving for an hour. Interstellar or any of the Lord of Rings felt half the length of this movie. Besides this movie being painfully boring, it had some themes that I felt were handled badly. In this movie there are two boys who are going to college the next day. One of the boys has a fight with his girlfriend, then at the end of the movie they're in the car fighting, and she lies down on the seat because she knows he want to have sex with her then he says:You want it and you know it. Don't be so damn self-righteous with me. I found that to be a very unhealthy relationship. Other than that the movie was pretty clean. There's language, drinking, drag racing, smoking, and some other sexual stuff. There's one scene with a fourteen year-old in a car with a nineteen year-old, and he starts coming on to her to get her to go home. One of the characters decides not to go to college because his girlfriend doesn't want him to. Really if you're going to watch this movie because you want to watch a classic watch a different classic.

Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2015

Boring. Just boring.

I know it's about the 60s, but it doesn't really teach you anything. It's just boring. And inappropriate. Seriously, there are some things in this movie that I (or any other kids under 13) don't need to see! If you are not a teen yet, don't watch this!

Teen, 13 years old Written byForktailHP May 28, 2016
There is a mention of prostitution, mooning, drinking, Smoking, sexual reference, and a fistfight. Other than that, the movie is pretty kid-friendly

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2019

Sweet George Lucas Coming of Age Teen Tale is Like Fast Times Without Sex

Kind of dated and boring, but a solid movie.