Parent reviews for American Made

Language, some sex in tense but funny drug war comedy.

Adult Written byDarylTheStudent October 3, 2017

American Made

American Made is based on the true story of Barry Seal, who works for both the CIA and Pablo Escobar. The film isn't really suitable for kids as it contains many uses of the f-word, as well as 1 use of 'c**t'. Milder profanities are said as well. With regards to the sexual content, Barry and his wife have sex in two scenes. The first is an obscured scene in their house (no nudity), the second we see them having sex clothed on Barry's plane (part of this scene is in the trailer). In both scenes we hear moaning. Although Barry transports drugs to and fro, we don't see any drug use. There aren't really any positive role models, but we can take away from this movie that even though you can get away from doing the wrong thing, you'll eventually be caught.

Adult Written byilovemoviesandtv September 6, 2017

Interesting film

I loved this film and it was extremely entertaining. Be weary of taking your teens to see this movie. There was one scene with loud moaning and a couple having sex in different positions for a couple seconds. It was so random, so uncomfortable, and honestly, so unnecessary. I don't get why they had to put that in. Anyway, I know this movie is based on a real story, but it still sends an iffy message. Barry was a drug smuggler yet he got to walk away free, there was little legal consequences for his actions except for community service. If you are taking your teen, prepare to talk about the government's role in all the illegal activity.

Parent Written byBeach Girl T. January 3, 2018

NOT FOR UNDER 16!!

I do not understand what is wrong with the other people who reviewed this movie. My husband and I sat down with our two boys age 13 and 14 to watch the movie based on reviews here saying that the sex scenes were really quick and mild almost vague. That is totally false! We found ourselves very uncomfortably watching quick scenes of a couple having pretty graphic sex in various positions. A woman also has an orgasm in an airplane. Also, the F bomb is used here at least 150 times and even in scenarios where it is not natural or necessary. Normally, I can count on the reviews on this website but the easy going reviews on this one were way off base.

Adult Written byAndrew L. October 5, 2017

It’s not that bad

They never really mention Escobar by name it’s only assumed.
Adult Written byKelli J. October 7, 2017

Infuriating

Movie about a "good" bad guy. This guy isn't good. I don't care if he does...as a matter of fact, I was hoping he would. I have zero sympathy for him because he did awful awful things. I regretted supporting this movie by watching it. Gratuitous sex scenes. It's another anti-American movie coming from Hollywood that glorifies things you don't want to teach your children, like being a drug dealer is lucrative, exciting, and powerful. While the movie shows the downsides, like fear, consequences, and loss, kids have a way of saying it wouldn't happen too them.

Parent Written byDavid R. October 27, 2017

NOT BAD!!

I personally don't think that American made was bad it did have a few swear words and some sex scenes but no nudity it was a good movie and I think that it is fine for people 12 and up but it is all about how mature they are.
Adult Written byCan K. October 31, 2017

Tame a really tame R rated movie

There is some language and mild sex, violence and drugs in background it's still pretty tame
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycyrus yt January 8, 2018

plane

i love it

Positive messages
Adult Written byAndy M. March 25, 2018

A very entertaining movie

This movie is based off of a true story. And for the most part it seems like they did a good job. While Tom Cruise is an absolute weirdo in real life, he delivers a classic and well acted performance on the screen. As far as bad stuff this movie has it all, violence, sex, swearing, and alcohol and drug use, and smoking. Only watch this if you are prepared for all of that.