Kid reviews for American Murder: The Family Next Door

Murders, strong language in disturbing true-crime docu.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Wondering if American Murder: The Family Next Door is OK for your kids?

Parents: Set preferences and get age-appropriate recommendations.

Join Plus now

Teen, 16 years old Written bylilly_roses101 November 8, 2020

Sad

I would definitely not say the documentary is for kids. It is aimed at adults and teens. It has some inappropriate talkings. The case is heartbreaking. The documentary is well explained but it was so sad to watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybraedvon October 13, 2020

Truly disturbing but not that inappropriate...

The crime-documentary is definitely not for the faint of heart, but definitely not inappropriate. If your young teen child is into the crime/mystery genre, this is perfect for them, though, the storyline does get a bit disturbing. Language such as "f---ing", "s--t", and "hell" are used quite frequently in texts (don't act like your teenager doesn't know that "f--k" is a word). A wife messages her friend on how she desires sex, and that they're not having sex. A man announces that him and his wife had sex the night before she died. Though there is no violence at all, it is described on how the two toddlers and wife died. Overall, it is a very good crime movie that will have you on the edge of your seat, then it will make you cry..

Teen, 14 years old Written byuark.13 October 9, 2020

Disturbing

I watched this because it was recommended to me. This is disturbing and made my physically ill what happened and the crazy things the guy did. If you are okay with things like this you should watch it. Overall very well done and made just the topic is a little heavy