Kid reviews for American Sniper

Powerful, personal, violent story of war and its aftermath.

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

2 violent parts

This movie is great and it is now my favorite. If your kid likes Chris Kyle it is a great movie for them. There are 2 scenes that are way over the top. The first one is when a child gets his leg drilled out and you will know it is coming becaus a man with a drill and a child will walk out. It does not show it very closely but it is still intense. The second there is severed heads on a shelf and a body is hanging from the ceiling with holes through the torso. It is coming when Kyle walks into "the buture's" house. The language is as strong as it gets using the f word constantly but if your kid is in middle school they are already exposed. As far as sexual content goes, a 13 year old should be fine

Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2015

Good movie- but know your kid.

The movie was really nice, it's based on a true story, and Bradley Cooper was really good. There was around 115 uses of "f---" and around 50 uses of other language. There was a lot of violence, and very little sexual discussion, but no nudity is shown.

Teen, 13 years old Written byadharma43 January 25, 2015

What You Should Know About American Sniper

Chris Kyle is a war hero and the greatest American sniper. American Sniper is a good war action film but only for kids 13 and up. This movie includes characters swearing several times throughout the movie. As you would come to expect in any war movie, there is a lot of violence and blood. This could be disturbing at times and parents should only bring their children if they think they can handle this. However, for older teenagers and adults this film brings to light an understanding of the various situations and decisions that take place in a war zone. Chris Kyle, the protagonist, is a positive role-model who depicts bravery and courage and places the lives of his comrades above everything else. Overall, this is a great movie to watch if you are comfortable handling violence, blood and swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRaptor8 May 24, 2015

A brutally violent, but excellent war drama.

American Sniper is a brilliant film, the roughness of war affects people emotionally, and director Clint Eastwood has already proved that with Flags Of Our Fathers. Bradley Cooper shines as Chris Kyle. But, the horrifyingly brutal violent scenes make it an adult only movie. First of all, non stop swearing, which is used in about every sentance, but soldiers will swear, and we know that. Eastwood never holds his bar for violence, kids are drilled in their heads, women are tortured and shot, blood spurts like paint everywhere and the emotional side of war strikes, one that involves , as I said children. There are some really great messages for teens or kids though, sprinkled on top of gory violence and non stop swearing sessions. American Sniper is a brilliant, but over the top brutal film, best left for adults. It is very hard and disturbing to watch at times.

Teen, 14 years old Written by2jayz January 25, 2015

One of the best movies to date!

This is a superb story of war. It is one of the most realistic movies of war in the city. Although it shows what is sacrificed for Americans everyday, this movie definitely isn't for younger kids. It has probably around 90 f-words and at times, can get extremely violent. There is a part where a young kid gets drilled in the leg with a power drill and later the terrorist presses the drill into the kids head, killing him (off screen). Two fellow Navy Seals are killed. It does show what is sacrificed for you though. Best movie ever!

Teen, 15 years old Written byHaithamBayazeed January 25, 2015

American Sniper (2015)

American Sniper (2015) is intense, frightening and very realistic.

Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham January 24, 2015

"American Sniper" by Christopher Graham

This is a film where everything is fine except for a few predictable and somewhat corny moments and an undone script. This film stars Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. This film is based on the life of U.S. marksman Chris Kyle and how he became one of America's greatest heroes. I thought that this film was pretty good but a little bit too complicated for it to be a tribute to its real-life subject. The acting was perfect, the editing was thrilling, the sound editing was well-done, the sound mixing was exquisite, and even the direction was well-handled as well. What they could have done better to make this an entertaining film was that they could have made a better adapted screenplay, they could have told a bit more about the title character, and the cinematography could have been a lot more clean. Overall, I thought that this was a fine film which progressively misfires along the way. Adults, teens, and 17 year olds are okay to see this movie, if they are a fan of Chris Kyle. Younger kids are not meant to see this movie based on its strong and disturbing war violence, language, and sexual references.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer February 7, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byNATHAN359 February 19, 2015

Really good

I've always been considered a mature for my age and when I saw the American sniper trailer I really wanted to see it. I have seen multiple war movies before this. The only seen that was really bad was the one where the kid gets drilled in the leg. When I was at the theater I saw lots of kids my age. They swore way to many times including the f bomb and s word as the strongest. Only a mature teen should see this powerful movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byJake1234 November 25, 2015

Emotional movie

Look this movie is a great father son movie any kid who is hellbent on going to war needs to see this it shows what really goes on and what the after affects of war are on a man mentally. This movie is not for the squeamish I will say it does have lots of Gore and violence. But regardless I think teens could see this.

Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2015

Gorey, Swearing But overall amazing

There is a lot of swearing, killing and drinking but is an overall good movie. I watched it because I am pretty mature and am able to handle things like that but my sister couldn't. Steer clear for anyone 14 and under, but if they can handle it is an amazing movie with good messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytyjackmatt July 3, 2015

American Sniper Review

... My parents made me see this movie... since they wanted to see it, i am ok with violence, but i have never seen this much death and violence in my whole life!!!!!!!! When i was in the movie thetre the gun shots were super loud, and the only ok part was in the ending

Teen, 16 years old Written byMovies are beastly September 19, 2016

One of my favourite movies!!! But NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!

This is one of my favourite movies but… It is extremely Gori I mean like over-the-top glory and the profanity they say f**k s**t ass b******t f***er piss etc. but it is really good but I would totally wait for kids to be a 16/17 years old.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTorrey123 June 25, 2015

amazing.

GREAT MOVIE. phenomenal storyline, acting, effects messages, people, a great movie about what it's like to be in a war and to serve your country along with how the main character gets a bit of ptsd and how hard it is to re adjust to his life out of battle. it really opens your eyes to what these people actually sacrifice for our country. I'd watch it again in a heartbeat, with ever cent of my money. it was rated r for a reason though :/ I think it should have been PG13 because the only bad things in the movie were excessive f words and violence. other than that was an amazing experience. recommend it to everyone...

Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 February 18, 2015

Good acting but overall disappointing movie

This movie is very well acted, but overall I don't get the best picture business. I do think if I was from a military family I would've enjoyed it more, but it didn't appeal to me and I didn't find the character very likeable. This is very violent and graphic, and absolutely not for kids. I was not a fan of this film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjgray232 February 2, 2015

American classic

This is what an American movie should be. I think it does a great job of displaying what its like taking four tours and being a sniping legend. Its intense and theres some language but its such a great message and movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMatyu THM October 31, 2017

Best Movie

This movie is nice i did watch it on youtube not much violent (just a little). There is swearing but thats fine.i think its +12.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTrebor Yhtrac July 14, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 June 24, 2017

Very good, and very graphic

Ok, so this is a great movie, but its very disturbing and graphic. One prolonged, extended scene includes a kid (8 or 9) screaming while The "Butcher" drills a hole through his leg, and shortly after, through his head. We also see people chopped up, butchered, hung on meat hooks, stabbed, shot, splattered, cut, and blown up in multiple different ways. The language is strong, and in all, its a great movie, but NOT at all for kids, or younger teens.