All teen and kid member reviews for Amistad

Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Good movie overall.

This is simply a good movie. I can't think of any other words to describe it. Watch out for the violence however. Viewers will appreciate however, that the film is only violent/gory when it needs to be, not to simply for sensation. It tells a true story, good historical account, and is very educational. Good for a history class movie ages 15+
Teen, 17 years old Written byChocolate body dude April 9, 2008

YOU GOTTA SEE THIS FILM!

It is a massive film, cool, straight forward and rude - great for a history lesson. I think this film is suitable for anyone that is not too scared at the violence - it was pretty horrific at parts. Sad ending as well, but hey, it was real life. It makes you think about the awful contitions slaves had to put up with.
Teen, 14 years old Written byajwaterman13 September 24, 2015

Really good but intense.

I watched this in eight grade and I really enjoyed it. There were some very disturbing flashbacks though, where many kids put their heads down instead of watching.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

I love this movie!!!!

I love this movie! I love movies like this about freedom. The beginning is violent. Also the slaves are nude but its not in a sexual way. I don't know what cursing is in it. But its a must see for anyone who likes historical movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares June 3, 2009
Not Spielberg's best effort, but it does succeed where he often goes wrong, and overall it is compelling, well-acted, and quite good.