All teen and kid member reviews for An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini April 8, 2015

Haha, I laughed! Great classic American Girl movie!

Tara is so funny and Chrissa is a bit of a coward. She doesn't even tell on Tara for bullying her. The bullying is a little unrealistic, but it's funny. It has good role models and a great message that no one should get bullied, plus that you should tell your parents or teacher if you're being bullied. It's wholesome, but a little depressing. Great for kids who are starting school!
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2011

Stand up from bullies

I had watched this movie at school one day and It had made me rethink the bullying thing . After the movie I started to buy American Girl dolls happily I stoped .
Teen, 13 years old Written byGymnastE13 August 15, 2013

Great AG movie

I thought this movie tells a good story about how to stand up to a bully. The actors/actresses did a great job. I think this movie is great for anyone, but especially for Tweens/teens. It's good for children entering middle school or something. Since I am kid as well, I know how hard it is to stand up to a bully. This has never happened to me, but u have seen it happen many times before. Anyway, I love American Girl. It was a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Stand up to bullies!!

This is a good movie, but kind of depressing. In one of the scenes, Chrissa's brother gets hurt after the bully calls him a chicken and saying that he can't jump from the diving board. This has a good message though!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011
The movie had some bad language but there was a happy ending that was touching.
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2014

Awesomely inspiring movie!

It was a really nice movie, with it's focus on a young girl being bullied. This is something every kid relates to one time or another in their childhood, and shows them how to deal with it. It is a very nice movie, once again; it just got a TINY bit predictable at times. It could also be quite emotional, and you can't help but admire the young girl's courage. A movie I would recommend to kids and teens alike (probably girls!!)
Teen, 13 years old Written bynovember27 June 26, 2011

Brilliant

Tells kids that you have to tell when you are being bullied. It won't get worse if you do it will get better
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamjustinbieber... February 26, 2011

GREAT MOVIE

i love this movie it's awsome. But there are moments of confusion (not really it just might seem confusing to younger kids, i mean really young kids like 5 maybe 6 and under.) And a brief, but slightly scary diving board accident may prove to scary and realistic for younger kids to handle (5 maybe 6 and under) But the movie does teach good lessons about being yourself, forgiveness, helping, careing, standing up for yourself and those around you, and staying strong to yourself. The bullies in this movie arn't the best of rolemodels and the movie does make it obiouse that what the bullies are doing is wrong and mean and makes chrissa a good role by standing up for herself and speaking out.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Some scary parts, but overall a good movie

What an educational movie! It teaches kids about standing up for themselves. Tara and Jayden are not good role madels because they are the ones who are doing the bullying. Chrissa is a great role model because she was getting bullyied so she stood up for herself and asked her teacher what to do. Gwen is O.K. but she is shy. The bullying that the kids do can be scary and there is a scene in it where a boy falls of the diving board in a pool and almost drowns in the water. But is is a great movie and perfect for family entertainment!
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2010

Perfct movie for the whole family!

I watched the movie with my classmates in school, and also read the book. It is a very plesant movie. It teaches girls everywhere about bullying and cyberbullying, and how it is not ok. It is a great family movie and has a very powerful message. I enjoyed the movie so much, I wanted to watch it again and again. It is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Bad bully movie

TOO MUCH BULLYING!! My daughter felt the pain of bullying and all this movie did was make people want to bully her again and worse then the first time! I disliked it for that.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2011

lets put an end to bullying together!!

its about a fourth grade girl getting bullied and in the end she stands strong and puts an end to bullying...very educational!! all my friends love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever September 2, 2010

Great movie

This Movie will educate girls on whats wrong with bullying. It has great acting, Great Role models, and its educational. It is based on the american girl of the year 2009. Whos lesson was on bullying. Definaly recommend it 5 out of 5.
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2016

Five stars all the way!!

This movie is about American Girl's 2009 Girl of the Year, Chrissa Maxwell. I was actually five years old when Chrissa came out, so I didn't get into her until now. As all you American Girl fans out there know, this movie is actually, amazingly like the books! I was surprised during watching it! I really love this movie, and mostly what I love is that American Girl portrays Chrissa as a real-life girl dealing with real-life problems and real-life people. There are countless extremely mean just EVIL parts in the movie, all starting with Chrissa's very first day at Edgewater Elementary. All down to the very lines were like the books, except for just a little bit more in the second book, Chrissa Stands Strong, that wasn't in the movie. The Mean Bees, Tara, Jadyn, and Sonali, are REALLY mean, and Chrissa is a really kind, sweet nine-year-old portrayed by a twelve-year-old. In the movie, Sonali starts to realize how bullying is very, VERY wrong, so she starts to befriend Chrissa and Gwen, a homeless girl with no friends, whom Chrissa befriends. I think that everything down to the threads is just so realistic and shows real girls and real personalities. Everything about this movie is perfect! I love Chrissa's ways of dealing with anger (via visuals), and it truly does teach girls how to deal with bullying when it first happens; DON'T keep it in, you're not tattling. DO tell a parent or a teacher, you ARE just telling the truth. It shows all the things the characters did wrong, and how you shouldn't do those things in the first. For girls starting school, even with all the cruelty and extreme meanness, it really is the best movie to stop bullying right away. For ANYONE (Yes, I'm a home-schooler), it's a great movie! One part I love is when Chrissa looks up home-schooling, cause yes, that IS another option. I started homeschooling after one month in kindergarten because of bullies and bullying teachers. DO watch the movie AND read the books, if you can find them anywhere! This is truly one of American Girl's best characters!! Five stars all the way!
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

A Heartwarming American girl movie about bullying

This movie is great for kids who are bullied.It has a sweet message about standing up for bullies and helping the homeless as well.There is one scene where a boy falls off a diving board and falls into the water injured.But it's not explicit and absolutely no blood is shown.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2012

Watch it.

All the American Girl movies have great messages and this one is about not giving in to bullys and that you can find friendship no matter where you are. My mom and i watched this a long time ago so i dont really remember it but i do know that i loved it and that it has a great message.
Kid, 4 years old January 17, 2012

Not baby movie

They say 8 up on it but I am 4 and I like it and I like all AG movies because I can watch them and my sister does too and she likes them and doesnt call them baby movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhillie December 26, 2010

We Needed This!

This movie shows how to stand up to bullies and will encourage girls to stop the bullying. It is also a very cute movie that ages 7-99 will love. Chrissa is a fun and spunky character who is very sweet and a good friend.
Kid, 9 years old December 17, 2011

Loved it!

this was a great movie i enjoyed it very much. It's about a girl Chrissa who moves to a different state. She was really nervous at her new school and she got bullies by those 2 girls. She learns how to stand up to bullies and basiclly becomes friends in the end. This movie teaches you how to stand up to bullies and be strong and coragous like Chrissa. Girls love american girl although the dolls are exspensive,this movie you should get. It is great.