Parent reviews for An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky

Sweet American Girl story about finding your voice.

Parent of a 8, 8, and 9 year old Written byOhHeyGirlll July 13, 2013

NOT what I expected...

Tween Mean Girls, expect with smaller girls and screaming. It's just losing friends drama everywhere, We found this movie today, changed it when an ad came up because I don't understand it, it's all screaming and I found no moral so far, I mean, I could feel the emotion, but that movie didn't entertain any of us. You'd be better off watching Mean Girls... :/ Not what I expected from American Girl!

Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byEJT July 5, 2013

Too emotional for my 6 year old.

My just-turned-6 year old daughter received the Saige doll for her birthday and found out (very easily) that there was a DVD as well. My husband rented it for her and she watched it right away. When the movie was over she was griping her doll and crying. The movie is just so emotional throughout and I think 6 is just too young for this movie. There's too many issues that I think a 6 year old may not be ready to deal with yet.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byadvicegiver13 July 6, 2013

They rewrote the book!!!!!!!!!

this is so not like the book!!!!! Why don't they just rewrite it!? Saige was such a wimp! what happened to the picassso trick! they took out important stuff and replaced it with stuff that you could add but wasn't in the book. I would not recommend it because it is so sappy and lovey it's kind of nice but then your all like what the heck this is getting old it's so repedative!! UGGG!!!. Anybody who has read the book will be like wait a second this is so different. if you haven't read it then it might be good but I think they just rewrote the book.

Adult Written byVincent S. June 5, 2018

This is not for kids.

This is really depressing. I watched this with my younger cousin when she was 9 and near the end, I paused the movie because she was holding my arm and crying. Dylan Patterson ruined the movie for us. :(

Parent of a 8 year old Written byJD W. April 25, 2016

Sweet movie but actors look too perfect

Has some good messages, but all the actors/actresses in the American Girl movies are beautiful and perfectly dressed in almost a Stepford Wives way.