Parent reviews for An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky

An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky Poster Image

Amazing movie about friendship

Very cute movies for kids and adults. Very good actresses and srory line.

Sweet movie but actors look too perfect

Has some good messages, but all the actors/actresses in the American Girl movies are beautiful and perfectly dressed in almost a Stepford Wives way.

NOT what I expected...

Tween Mean Girls, expect with smaller girls and screaming. It's just losing friends drama everywhere, We found this movie today, changed it when an ad came up because I don't understand it, it's all screaming and I found no moral so far, I mean, I could feel the emotion, but that movie didn't entertain any of us. You'd be better off watching Mean Girls... :/ Not what I expected from American Girl!

They rewrote the book!!!!!!!!!

this is so not like the book!!!!! Why don't they just rewrite it!? Saige was such a wimp! what happened to the picassso trick! they took out important stuff and replaced it with stuff that you could add but wasn't in the book. I would not recommend it because it is so sappy and lovey it's kind of nice but then your all like what the heck this is getting old it's so repedative!! UGGG!!!. Anybody who has read the book will be like wait a second this is so different. if you haven't read it then it might be good but I think they just rewrote the book.

Too emotional for my 6 year old.

My just-turned-6 year old daughter received the Saige doll for her birthday and found out (very easily) that there was a DVD as well. My husband rented it for her and she watched it right away. When the movie was over she was griping her doll and crying. The movie is just so emotional throughout and I think 6 is just too young for this movie. There's too many issues that I think a 6 year old may not be ready to deal with yet.