All parent member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Adult Written byfirmbeliever65 April 9, 2008
Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Gentle Movie With Wonderful Messages

My family watched this last year when my daughter and I were reading the book together. She absolutely adored it, so much so that we had to get the follow up movie immediately. Even my husband and older son got caught up in the story. Wonderful movie about the importance of being yourself, of family love and acceptance, of friendship, and ultimately of learning to know and love yourself.
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byApplesauce9 November 12, 2012

Lovingly with all my heart

The whole Anne Series has immesurable value for youth as they grow up with a young woman who will not compromise her values. Gilbert in turn, tries harder because of her. Historical knowledge increases as children move through the series. Anne's youngest child, Rilla's adventures in saving a war baby, and organizing a Jr. Red Cross, waiting and praying for their soldiers to return home from WWI, are all truly heroic, and the romance continues as Anne's children grow up. This collection is one of the best ever written in all time. Funny, sad, happy, inspiring, hopeful, it has it all. The entire series should be enjoyed again and again.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byA4Q96 February 28, 2010

Great books and movie

Great movie... Nothing not to like. A little long, but kids are mesmerized by it!
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian February 7, 2014

Your Family Will Find a Kindred Spirit in Anne

Anne of Green Gables is, without question, one of the most beautiful movies ever made. Anne Shirley is a well-rounded, dynamic character who grows and matures throughout the movie, yet never loses her endearing mix of cleverness, whimsy, and independence. Matthew and Marilla provide the first real family Anne has ever known, and are good at it, too. Other characters, like Diana and Gilbert, will quickly find a place in your heart. The gorgeous scenery of Prince Edward Island will have you yearning for a Canadian getaway. Cautions are mild and are more jump-off points for family discussion than cautions. These include: Anne's temper, Rachel Lynde's tendency to gossip and judge, and Marilla's semi-frequent referral to Anne as a "heathen," as well as treating her as such. Some scary scenes include Matthew's death and the serious illness of a toddler. Also, for length's sake, wait until your kids are a bit older. Otherwise, Anne, red hair and all, is a gem.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great movie

I absolutely love these movies. So great. Nothing bad to say, but know that your kids might not stay awake. Definitely not an action film, but a classic.
Adult Written bySarah Grace September 6, 2010

for girls

Like this a lot. Me, my sisters, and Mom watch it at least once a year :)
Parent Written byKatybeau April 29, 2016
Adult Written byENtangent November 13, 2015

Very Clean

This is a great movie for old and young ages.
Adult Written bysss April 9, 2008

great story about growing up

young Anne is a 13 year old orphan who moves to PEI, Canada. this story shows her commitment to her studies and going to college. as a young woman in college, she falls in love with another student. she is strong and courageous and everyone loves Anne.